[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: cgHub_106401.jpg (101 KB, 600x657) Image search: [Google]
cgHub_106401.jpg
101 KB, 600x657
Suffering is inevitable, and not to be blamed on anyone. You realize this when you have a creative hobby that really is your passion. You can't escape writing a bad story, drawing an ugly picture, or composing a musical abomination. You need to fail. If you want to get to a level that inspires others you do you have to make your peace with that.

Who is to blame for an ugly artwork? Surely not others, because you were the one making it. But even that is wrong. Creativity (actually generating new ideas) has a lot to do with chance. Some days, inf fact most, you'll create garbage, and some you make something cool. Life is just like this. On some level it's a dice roll and if you get too attached to the outcome you will be miserable.

Face the discomfort. Detach. Get happy.
>>
>>30009109
So someone with cerebral palsy can be just as good of an artist as the best?

Just be yourself
>>
>>30009237
You misunderstood.

My post is about happiness and the journey you go through when you have a creative passion, not so much about being the "best". You don't have to be the "best" to inspire anyhow. When you take full responsibility for your actions, which you can when you work alone on a project, you will run into suffering no matter what. Even if it's a small controlled space!

There's a switch that flips in you when you continually keep facing discomfort head on, and a sense of peace sets in.
>>
Sure thing.

But creating heaps of trash doesn't pay rent. Might as well just kill yourself if you have an arts degree. I wonder why those even exist in the first place.
>>
>>30009109
>"Suffering is inevitable, and not to be blamed on anyone"

Except thats bullshit.
Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.
If a runner runs for 5 miles and gets a cramp in his foot after 3, he has 2 miles of pain in his foot that's real, and 2 miles of optional psychological suffering that can be real if you want it to.

Suffering is litteraly a choice.
>>
>>30009109
I agree entirely.

Art, or the capacity for appreciation and creation of art, is in my opinion truly the only thing that makes life worth living. It is the only thing that makes suffering mean anything, and worth living through. Without it, live would be purely negative; constant suffering with no goal. It is worthwhile only if there exists something that is an end in itself; an experience that contains within itself a purpose and it's fulfillment. Life should be lived for art in all it's forms.
>>
>>30010011
You can earn money doing other stuff.

But the main reason you utter this is because most people with arts degrees are lazy entitled fucks stuck in mediocrity. Their family and friends constantly tell them they're great, that they deserve fame, and that they're only failing because the world sucks.

You'd have more respect for these people if they were really dedicated to their craft and constantly improving. Money isn't everything.
>>
Novelty is the only thing that inspires me.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.