[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not ugly, but I'm introverted almost to the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: RNGTA3CLAUDE.png (77 KB, 339x367) Image search: [Google]
RNGTA3CLAUDE.png
77 KB, 339x367
I'm not ugly, but I'm introverted almost to the point of being mute. I rarely talk because I don't usually have anything to say.

Is anyone else like this? Is there a fix or will I be like this forever
>>
>>30008644
No, there is no fix. Except drugs but that comes with it's own problems.
>>
>>30008644
Yeah, I am senpai
>>
I've thought about taking spech therapy to learn how to talk but never went through with it because I ended up losing contact with my only internet friends.

It might be an idea if you want to learn how to talk OP.
>>
I'm like this, but I'm also a schizoid, so I don't have much desire to interact with other people anyway.
>>
I was diagnosed as a selective mute as a kid.
Sorry to say this but it never gets any better.
>>
>>30008644
>tfw you'll always be the 5th wheel in any group
there's no real fix to this.
you can make improvements, but you'll need lots of motivation for that, which i dont have.
>>
>>30008644
I've been a mute my entire life. I never initiate conversations whatsoever, online or offline. When I'm in a situation where I HAVE to speak, all I can do is use strange sounds in place of words and mumble. Almost everything I say just comes out as "hmm...", kind of like complete disinterest mixed with depression in sound form, talking to me is not an enjoyable experience. I can't pick up on sarcasm, I can't laugh or show emotion, I can't mask my disinterest whatsoever, I can't make small talk, I can't pull conversations along. If the other person stops talking or waits for me to talk I will just stand there forever without saying a word just staring at the ground. Everyone thinks I hate them or something, it's not true or false, I just have no desire for human relationships. I'm only interested in music so I talk to people online about that sometimes but only very rarely. I would tell people that I don't want to talk to them to make them go away but when thrown into a social encounter I lose the ability to think and all I can feel is anxiety and discomfort. Like being held hostage at gunpoint. It feels like I'm sleeping and having a nightmare with no control over my body. I can't remember what people say to me whatsoever, I just make barely audible sounds to acknowledge that i'm listening when i'm really not in hopes they'll get their fill and go away. Sometimes I'll just walk away. But I talk to someone like 2-3 times a year at most at this point.
>>
>>30008644
No one has anything to say.
Watch the football or the elections or the latest box office smash or the current event or the weather or the job. That will cover all small talk to anyone ever for all time.
>>
you know what you need to do to fix your problems, you're just too much of a little bitch to do it
>>
>>30008644
you should try doing some creative writing. Sometimes you just need to get the brain juices flowing a little.
>>
>>30008644
Same here. Can't even talk to my online friends (no real life friends) because I'm too shy or don't know what to say. No idea how to fix it.
>>
>>30008964
ever herd of pressing enter key?
>>
The only things that make me talkative are alcohol and talking to intelligent people. Most people are retarded and have retarded interests, so they're not even worth talking to.
>>
>>30009023
Yes, but my judgment didn't warrant the enter key for that particular post. It seemed reasonable based on the length and content to stay compact.
>>
>>30009054
Its completely unreasonable.
Too many superfluous words, repetition, no shortening of your points.

If I were your English teacher you get 30% with red marks and annotations filling the sides of the page.
>>
>>30008644
you could probably try taking antidepressants

at the very least see if caffeine makes you more talkative (only if you don't have anxiety issues or else it will make them worse)

otherwise try some natural anxiolytic like chamomile and daily exercise will make you feel more relaxed and comfortable
>>
>>30009093
Well I'm a middle school drop out and an autist so no surprise that I'm retarded.
>>
>>30008644
I have severe anxiety and yes I can when I get too nervous. I had a fucked up time growing up and a lot of stuff going on with my life now often makes me feel on edge. A therapist said I have selective mutism as one of my amxiety symptoms. It can be something like speaking to a stranger the first time and my brain will freeze up and I can't make myself speak. I wish I knew of a fix but sadly I dont.
>>
>>30009102
>legal drugs

Epic, simply epic.
>>
>>30008644

Post a pic, I want to see this
>>
be introverted
have speech impairment

I'm 26 now and death seems to be the only fix.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.