[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any robots actually know how to cook? I feel like I'm the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: pastadish.jpg (90 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pastadish.jpg
90 KB, 480x480
any robots actually know how to cook? I feel like I'm the only neet who doesn't eat frozen shit/fast food all of the time (used to in high school, got sick of it).

my cooking knowledge is sort of on an intermediate level. I know how to make basic things from scratch, cook meats properly, season dishes with herbs and other additions, and I am good at cooking stuff I usually make. I'm really good at sauteing stuff since I usually use a skillet for cooking.
>>
Neet and can cook. Just don't have the energy or will. Used to be good at baking, but that requires a buttload of effort.
>>
Yeah i'm gud at cooking. I just cant afford food, so its always speghetti.
>>
i can cook like 5 things, but i do them well. steak, shrimp scampi, chicken cutlets with mustard, sausage and peppers, fried eggs with soy sauce.

you'd be surprised how many people cant even make rice using a rice cooker.
>>
File: Original.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
Original.png
139 KB, 917x871
>>30008376

Studying to be a cook, hoping that wageslavery will break me free of being a cyborg

Still a ways to go tho
>>
>>30008413
I usually make some kind of pasta once a week (why I posted the image, sauteed pasta is pretty good if you know how to cook it right). It's really cheap like you said and I keep a stock of things to add to basic sauce (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried parsley, dried oregano, garlic powder, black pepper). around 1.50$ for a day's worth of pasta where I live including the additional ingredients.
>>
I'm not NEET technically and I can cook a lot of things, but for whatever reason I do soups and chowders the best.
>>
>>30008490
>but for whatever reason I do soups and chowders the best.

They are the best foods tho.
>>
I just started getting interested in cooking and I've been into making curry dishes. Today I made Thai chicken red curry and it was pretty dang good. My favorite that I've made though was Indian yellow chicken and mango curry which was fantastic. I really like Indian food in general so I think my next meal attempt will be tandoori chicken.
>>
Neet mustard race here, cooking is easy. The trick is to not use recipes. Just think of what you want and then put these things together. I had some faggot ass family over and they tried to give me shit for making sloppy joes.
>hurr if u can cook than Y make somwats u liek?
Then they were surprised when it tasted better than the shit they make from a can.

A nice bonus is that whole foods are always cheaper than nasty processed shit anyway. There are ways to even split the difference and be lazy. I use frozen mirepoix or Cajun trinity a lot as a base.

This is how I suggest people learn cooking. Just learn to make your favorite foods. I do sous vide salmon and roasted vegetables if I'm in the mood, but start with the 'easy' stuff and you'll soon realize it's all easy. Cooking isn't so much a skill as it is just using good ingredients.
>>
>>30008614
The trick is to actually get drunk or stoned before eating your garbage mish mash of random ingredients.
>>
I love cooking. I often cook for my bf that I met from r9k.
>>
File: Indian Spiced Casserole.jpg (992 KB, 1700x4547) Image search: [Google]
Indian Spiced Casserole.jpg
992 KB, 1700x4547
>>30008376
I keep a small folder of recipes I've found in my time browsing 4chan in the hopes that I will someday muster the effort to follow one and take one more step towards self-sufficiency.
>>
Not a neet but I've been cooking for around 3+ years now very regularly. I'm extremely good at seasoning dishes now. I can make feces taste like a 5 star meal
>>
>>30008477
Becoming a cook/chef is a good way out of NEETdom honestly

I know someone that did it.
>>
>>30008686
Seems like a good idea. Fry chicken\tofu in oil with no seasoning. Sous chef here, that looks awful. Not to mention the comments here really show a lack of any cooking expertise. Save your time and taste buds, it is gross. Next recipe.
>>
>>30008748
What about this one?
I was thinking of trying it out this week.
>>
I make badass everything on the grill. I can cook a perfect steak that will have you swearing off any restaurant.
>>
Learn to cook rice. You can make an infinite amount of dishes from that. Just change the toppings/side dishes.
You can also reuse old rice to make fried rice or congee.
>>
>>30008762
It looks OK, but they lost me at the cream of broccoli. Canned soups being Incorporated into a soup make them taste off, to me anyway. If you are learning to cook, try something you like that is simple. If interested, I can give you a really simple and delicious pasta recipe we use at our restaurant. We make the pasta, but you can do it with boxed stuff just fine and it will be delicious. Super easy, cheap and we sell it for 11.95 a plate. Everything is like like 3 bucks tops.
>>
>>30008810
I would greatly appreciate that, actually.
>>
>>30008686
Could you dump a few of the recipes you have?
Most of the ones i find on /ck/ are either sweets, baked chicken encrusted with dorito chip crumbs, or other plebish memey nonsence.
Sadly I can only waide through so much go za memery before i give up.
>>
>>30008908
Sure. Here you go, man.

oregano
>>
File: Baked egg in bread bowls.png (560 KB, 514x978) Image search: [Google]
Baked egg in bread bowls.png
560 KB, 514x978
>>30008908
Another one.

My comment is now original.
>>
File: Potato Soup.jpg (2 MB, 1094x4932) Image search: [Google]
Potato Soup.jpg
2 MB, 1094x4932
>>30008908
I have even fewer than I previously though. The rest must be on my old hard drive.
>>
File: Okonomiyaki.jpg (1 MB, 1500x2797) Image search: [Google]
Okonomiyaki.jpg
1 MB, 1500x2797
And that's about all I have.
>>
>>30008918
Thanks famalamading-dong you have made my day!
>>
File: 1467083930420.jpg (475 KB, 814x1950) Image search: [Google]
1467083930420.jpg
475 KB, 814x1950
Ill keep the ball rolling with what little i have.
>>
File: 1467084369638.jpg (219 KB, 504x1964) Image search: [Google]
1467084369638.jpg
219 KB, 504x1964
These are purty tastey.
>>
File: 1467084120967.png (2 MB, 618x2853) Image search: [Google]
1467084120967.png
2 MB, 618x2853
I found the dorito chicken!

A good way to mix it up when tendies have lost their zing.
>>
File: 1467084513539.jpg (565 KB, 600x2219) Image search: [Google]
1467084513539.jpg
565 KB, 600x2219
I think this is all i have. Does anyanon want me to dig into my folders a flood the tread with some more?
>>
>>30008376
I know how to cook but cooking some elaborate dish only to eat it alone in 6 minutes is depressing to me so I either order take out or just make meat and some kind of salad which takes ten minutes to make
>>
thx mr recipe dumper

greatly appreciated

>>30009039
Yes. Preferably high protein stuff :3
>>
>>30009009
youve got diabetes
>>
>>30008845
Ingredients: box of pasta(no particular one, but I like bowties or fusili), 2-3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped or minced up to you, half a red chili roughly chopped or minced ( bit more\less depending the heat of the chili), olive oil, 5-7 big fresh basil leaves (more\less to taste), kosher salt, and roughly 5 large on the vine tomatoes minced. Parmesan (optional, but make sure to use the block one you grate yourself or just don't use Parmesan at all, that canned stuff is literally made with saw dust filler) *Note: never use seeds in chili it will make it super hot, you must remove. Furthermore, start with the recipe as a baseline the first time and adjust accordingly.

Steps: you need a skillet and another pot of boiling water.

1. Fill pot with water and salt generously and get it up to a boil.

2. In the skillet, throw olive oil, the chili, and the garlic and saute both on medium high heat. You want them a bit browned not burned. If you burn it will get bitter.

3. Once the garlic and chili are browned throw in all the diced tomatoes and reduce. There will be a lot of liquid, you are reducing it, by cooking. You also throw in the basil here too. Keep the heat on medium odd and just reduce the liquid. Taste it and add a pinch of salt.

4. Check the pasta in the pot, it should a bit under cooked. You want the pasta undercooked because you want to finish the pasta in the skillet, so it absorbs all that delicious flavour.

5. Strain the pasta (reserve some pasta liquid in case you reduce too much, so you can add to skillet) and throw pasta into skillet, mix together and lower the heat. Cook it until the pasta is al dente (slight bite not too soft). Should not take longer than 5 minutes. Grate some fresh Parmesan on top and garnish with some more basil.

Any way rations, I am here for a while to answer, there are a lot of things involving knife work how to properly chop basil leaves, but you can learn all that with 10 minutes in YouTube. But ask away,
>>
>>30008992
If you add chicken or some other meat to this it becomes god tier.
>>
>>30009084
Sorry typing on phone, 5. Should read it should take no longer than 5 minutes. Also pepper to taste, I don't like pepper in this dish because I think the chili adds great flavour by it self
>>
>>30009084
Thank you very much for posting this, it sounds incredibly easy to make.

Would a longer pasta like spaghetti work with this as well? I've heard that certain shapes are better depending on the recipe.
>>
>>30009196
You can use spaghetti, but I would strongly suggest you use home made then. I really hate boxed spaghetti. I prefer Boxed bowtie and fusili in this recipe. Still, try it. That is what cooking is about. Maybe you love string stuff and like it in this dish. Try it the recipe way and then next time, tweak to your tastebyds.
>>
im 19 and going to uni in 2months, i can't even turn the stove on how fucked am i ?
>>
>>30009196
I got another cheap, delicous, and easy bean dish, if you are interested. I warn you, it uses canned beans, but I eat it and hate canned stuff. It is a quick and easy and healthy dish. Let me know, I can type it up.
>>
>>30009196
Oh forgot to tell you, care about pasta choice because some cook really fast. Spaghetti cooks really fast compared to bowties, in my experience, so you gotta adjust your boiling time and the sautee tume\ reducing time. So in other words pasta that cooks faster needs to put in later. You want undercooked spasta in thenskikket.
>>
>>30009380
I did not know how to cook until the end of college.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.