[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into German?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: deutsch.jpg (39 KB, 635x423) Image search: [Google]
deutsch.jpg
39 KB, 635x423
Want to study something now that college is done so that I don't use all of my mental capacity for vidya. Any of you horrors tried learning a language as an adult? How did you do it?
>>
>>30008200
I'm interested too, hope to study there for a master's degree someday...anyone help?
>>
>>30008290
>>30008200
Self study books and paying up for a damn course. That or qt Stormtrooper gf, but who are you kidding?
>>
Literally just use Duolingo you silly normalfags
>>
>>30008341
Replicates for 21st century plebs the experience of booklearning with zero communication. OP needs to go to Germany. Sink or swim.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlzLxmBp35I
>>
>>30008475
I agree with this anon. And op should do it quickly, before our right wing gets too strong and we start killing foreigners again
>>
>>30008510

is this supposed to be educational or some sort of crappy 80's drama?
>>
File: 18624269_m.jpg (352 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
18624269_m.jpg
352 KB, 450x600
>>30008200
>>30008290
>>30008338
You all listen to: >>30008341

Use duolingo to learn the basic vocabulary,
keep reading articles and watching shows/news/movies/series in that language.
Then find someone to talk to in the language you chose.
If you play anything online you could find someone to play with together
while practicing your language skills via skype/ts/discord/whatever.

To find someone use 4chan or reddit.

We also have english and dual-language courses in germany, if you wanna study here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENc6JZr29pk
>>
>>30008200

but no my best advice as somebody who has learned german as an english speaker is to make german friends

saturation is key, >>30008475 is right. not so much on the extremity of sink or swim, but 13 years of schooling did nothing for my German in comparison to a total of about 4 months I've spent there.
>>
i from poland and speak german and english fluently
but ant stand and literally neet
sucks to be me iguess
ps you wont learn it
>>
>>30011462
>i from poland
>but ant stand
O-okay, anon... wtf did he just say?
>sucks to be me iguess
youguess right
>ps you wont learn it
Why shouldn't they? Because they aren't a delusional polack?
>>
>>30011462

bro, speaking polish as a native tongue is probably the closest thing to a superpower there is

polish is almost as fucked as russian
well, for english speakers anyways
>>
File: 1467922073785s.jpg (3 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
1467922073785s.jpg
3 KB, 125x100
>>30008200
maybe try the way i learned english.
>be me
>be englishclasshating german
>hate english classes bacause i don't understand shit
>start playing vidya that has no german translation at the time (minecraft)
>watch minecraft related letsplays
>finds yogscast
>love yogscast
>start watching youtubevids in english
>mfw i learn more through youtube and vidya than retarded english exams
>mfw i finished shool years ago with a straight A in english classes
>>
File: 1468418306577999.jpg (7 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
1468418306577999.jpg
7 KB, 250x229
>>30011897
this is me: i would be willing to help with the vidya part since i am german. i mostly play Killingfloor2, Borderlands2, Minecraft, Warfame, Teamfortress2 and once i have it Overwatch and battlecry
>>
>>30011938
I wish it worked that way for me.

30 years of superior subbed anime and I still dont know what the fug the nips are saying when I switch it off besides a few single words and common sayings.
>>
>>30011957

Go without English subs.

I also find vidya helps. I bought FO3 and Oblivion in Germany because they were super cheap (in comparison to Aus) and haven't found an English patch. Partly because it isn't the easiest but mainly because I enjoy playing it in German to keep it sharp.
>>
>>30011957
Hontoni desu ka?
Arigato
Sorewa chigai
Anatawa dare
Daijoubu dayo
Nandemonai
Nandato
Watashi anatawa daisuki desu
kuso!!!!
>>
>>30012459
Pretty kawaii (kawaii means cute)
>>
Duolingo has worked for me, although I'm nowhere near fluent yet. Found some cheap instructional tapes and cds that I ripped to my Ipod, I would suggest scanning your local thrift stores and Goodwill to find something similar.
>>
>>30012511
Oh yeah...I didn't know THAT one...
>>
Learn a little about it from formal sources and then reinforce what you just studied and perhaps use it by going on those German chans and shoot the shit with your kraut brethren. Language and culture is inextricable; you'll have to at the very least know about the people using the language as well if you truly want to master the language.
>>
am german and can answer questions if you have any. just (you) me if youre interested and ill give my skype.
>>
>>30013324
Do I have to know german to study in germany...I'm interested in master's programmes in engineering.
>>
>>30013340

Nah bro. They generally offer courses entirely in English.
>>
>>30013365
What if I want to work there?
>>
>>30013340
yes. most courses are taught in german. you can easily find more info with a google search though. there are ways to study without speaking german
>>
>>30013390

Take your course in English, and if you haven't picked up enough German from living there that long, you're probably an idiot.

What I mean is that if you're smart enough to do masters, you're smart enough to pick up enough German whilst living there. If you make an effort that is.
>>
I am about 4 months into learning French, and I think I'll be able to understand most of it in two monts from now, and probably even have simple conversations.
All I need for learning is a grammar book, bunch of text to translate on my own(wikipedia, some simple stories, l'etranger etc.) and youtube for listening to podcasts. But I think german is much harder than french. Dunno.
>>
German here, bored.
I think i'd enjoy talking to a robot.

[email protected]

This is going to get me banned, isn't it?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.