[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you depressed for a reason? Or are you depressed for no reason?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: large_5-31TRUST2.jpg (148 KB, 453x342) Image search: [Google]
large_5-31TRUST2.jpg
148 KB, 453x342
Are you depressed for a reason? Or are you depressed for no reason?

Which is the greater hell?
>>
Can't put my finger on why. It's worse because I don't know what to fix

Living a healthier lifestyle would be a start I suppose
>>
>>30006408
The latter, absolutely.

But there being no reason to feel depressed and still being depressed can become a reason for depression in itself.
>>
>>30006408
Both. Been like this for a long time, but growing up and finding out the state of everything just made it worse
>>
>>30006408
Depressed for a very specific reason which i can't get out of my head but have to force myself to live with and carry on in life.
>>
>>30006437
nutrition can greatly affect your mental state. you might not be cured but you will probably feel better than you do now.

vitamin D is a big thing too. if you're not going out into the sun very much you should be supplementing.
>>
dead oneitus
genetic propensity to neck myself
failure in life
very unattractive
all my friends stopped being my friends because dead oneitus made me a diferent person and I'm not funny anymore
when I try to be funny people cry and get very upset with me
nobody knows it was my oneitus because I'm a closeted homosexual
>>
>>30006505
What happened to him?

Did you have anything going with him?
>>
>>30006596
another suicide, and kind of- kissed a lot as kids and a couple of times as drunk adults- knew each other for eight years
>>
>>30006611
Why didn't it get any further? I mean I thought you barely knew the guy or that he was straight, but it seems neither was true.
>>
>>30006721
I didn't want to be in a gay relationship, I was ashamed.
>>
>>30006801
and there was race, religion, relationships.
I always thought there was some time in the distant future when we'd come together, and we'd be able to grow old together in peace.
>>
>>30006408
>26
>emotionally and physically abused growing up
>socially outcasted, isolated, bullied in middle school into my early twenties.
>fat
>5'5
>no career
>no family that cares
>no friends
>no social opportunities.
>broke
>alone
>tired
>no car
>no life
>no place of my own
>missing out on things
>missed out on things
>social anxiety
>clinical depression
>Bipolar depression
>asperger's
>>
File: booking-1185731-39149312-image.jpg (24 KB, 650x357) Image search: [Google]
booking-1185731-39149312-image.jpg
24 KB, 650x357
>>30006408
I live in failure and I'm lonely
>>
i get depressed when i start to mull over the choices i have made that i regret making. i get angry then very sad when i remember the dreams i had when i was younger that i have not achieved. i get depressed when i think about how it could have all been different if i had just manned up and tried.

it comes and goes a lot every single week. right now everything seems well but i do not know how long that will last.
>>
>>30006408

I'm depressed for lots of reasons that haunt me without mercy.
>>
>>30006801
>>30006816
Man that shit sucks.
>>
>>30006408
Became an alcoholic slowly since I was 16, only now just quitting at 25. Really fucked my mood and ambition, etc. Some people just cant drink.
>>
File: fine.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fine.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
I don't know why I exist.
>>
>>30006408
It started with the latter, and then transformed into the former. I'm not sure, it's all hell.
>>
>>30006408
You're depressed because you're not doing anything.
>>
>>30006871
>clinical depression
>Bipolar depression

So you're self diagnosed then? You can't have MDD and Bipolar, and there's no difference in how their depression works.

>>30006408
Reminder to anons depressed for a reason that this is a normal reaction to your circumstances, and you can absolutely fix it by changing your situation.

And to those who believe they have MDD, that exercise has been demonstrated to cure between 60-70% of cases, shown in
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21495519
>pecific studies support the use of exercise as a treatment for depression. Exercise compares favorably to antidepressant medications as a first-line treatment for mild to moderate depression and has also been shown to improve depressive symptoms when used as an adjunct to medications

>http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/exercise-and-depression-report-excerpt
>Another study, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine in 1999, divided 156 men and women with depression into three groups. One group took part in an aerobic exercise program, another took the SSRI sertraline (Zoloft), and a third did both. At the 16-week mark, depression had eased in all three groups. About 60%-70% of the people in all three groups could no longer be classed as having major depression
>>
>>30007448
either one, I've heard both. not self diagnosed
>>
>>30007589
I really doubt any psychiatrist told you you had bipolar depression. That's not a thing.
>>
>>30007670
you probably saw bipolar disorder
>>
>>30007700
What? It clearly said bipolar depression, which as I said, isn't a thing.
>>
>>30007700
meant for brandon
>>
For both.
I'm depressed because girls don't like me, but also by default. I had a gf briefly and I was still depressed. A half less depressed, but still sad.
>>
>>30007737
Even then, there's no way he'd be diagnosed with both, and he shouldn't be going "Yeah I have this" because a doctor said it's possible. That's like telling everyone you have cancer because a doctor said it's a possibility and you should have tests done to see.
>>
>>30007856
I think his psych would probably know more about him than some random on 4chan..
>>
>>30007907
I think that's completely irrelevant to what I said. You literally cannot be diagnosed with MDD and Bipolar at the same time, they're mutually exclusive disorders, as Bipolar contains MDD.

Put your trip back on, too.
>>
>>30006408
I used to be depressed for a reason. Now, I can't.

On the outside I overreact a lot, but that's what I don't feel inside. Seriously, feels weird. I don't know when this began. But it happens sometimes.

My emotional state is inversely proportional to the situations. Things like someone being angry at me make me feel nothing. Deaths of friends don't faze me. Emergencies don't faze me. Things like someone forgetting to close the door. anger me a lot.

I honestly don't get it. I get depressed for no reason sometimes too.
>>
>>30008101
Also, I say things very stupidly and vaguely. If I pay any attention I get insane anxiety, which effectively prevents me from undoing mistakes.

If I pay attention, I'm anxious.
If I don't, I'm disconnected from things.
>>
>>30006408
There's always a reason, Anon.
>>
Who else is stuck in a cycle of having poor nutrition because of depression and depression because of poor nutrition?

Literally can't even make myself food or drink something most of the time. Either I order food or my parents drop shit off at my apartment.
>>
>>30006408

I've been depressed for literally as long as I can remember, as in diagnosed when I was like 6. I had no friends growing up, any friends I've made have all abandoned me, and I'm just a 27khv waiting to die.
>>
>>30009223
I cook from fresh 100% of the time as it's my hobby, but whenever I get depressed for a while, it's always fatty, indulgent foods filled with cheese and red meat, and it's impossible to fit vegetables into my diet.
>>
>>30006408
A reason. I was laid off from my job that I thought was going to turn into a serious career. Now almost 2 months later can't even pass any fucking interview. Am questioning the purpose of why I even bothered to get a degree or what I'm doing with life. I've pretty much said fuck it, my health is worse by now anyway. Went back on sperglord poorfag money like from way back when before I had a job and just want to spend the rest of my days sitting on my ass playing games and smoking weed.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.