[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else here just stopped to talking to anyone they ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1448853529445.png (17 KB, 633x772) Image search: [Google]
1448853529445.png
17 KB, 633x772
Has anyone else here just stopped to talking to anyone they ever knew and completely dropped out of society and any semblance of a social life?

I did years ago. I'm not sure if I regret it.

I ran into someone I used to know once and they said it was like I died
>>
Well what did you answer when they said that?
>>
>>30001538
Yeah.
They made something of themselves and I didn't.
I have one friend in real life, and we can barely stand to be around one another if we're not drunk or high.
>>
>>30001847
Not much

Said I was busy, which is actually sorta true
>>
>>30001979
and then you left?
well, if you ever wanted to get back in touch with them, you shouldn't have said that
>>
>>30001538
I did this a year ago, not sure if I regret it either.
>>
Sort of. I moved nearly 1000 miles away last year (into grandparents house), got rid of my phone, and deactivated my facebook without warning pretty much anyone. The thing is, I had very few people in my life to begin with. The only social life I had was a few drinking buddies, not even close friends.

Do I regret it? Not really, it was really the only option I had. I had health issues so I couldn't keep working to support myself. Moving to a new city got me away from a lot of toxic family members who were making me miserable. My phone was just an unnecessary bill every month. And seeing everyone else posting about their awesome lives on facebook was depressing the fuck out of me.

I plan on reintegrating back into the world when I fix some of my mental and physical issues so this wont be permanent (unless I decide to kill myself).
>>
>>30002165
Yeah I know

Honestly I'm a horrible unlikable person

This person in particular was of low social status in my opinion. So I felt like associating with them really wasn't worth the effort.

I don't really derive pleasure from companionship
>>
>>30002482
>This person in particular was of low social status in my opinion. So I felt like associating with them really wasn't worth the effort.
>low social status
what the hell does that mean? he's not popular so you don't care about him?
>>
>>29999999
niggers are not real
>>
>>30001538
Tried such lifestyle but I don't like it.
>>
>>30002528
Well associating with him wouldn't grant me any career-related opportunities or provide me any significant social advancement at all. He's a low class person and will remain that way for his entire life.

Really not worth the time or effort to cultivate a relationship
>>
Im too good for people
>>
File: 1467250461853.jpg (82 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1467250461853.jpg
82 KB, 500x370
>>30002612

lol nice self-awareness.
>>
>>30002612
you sound like an insufferable pretentious faggot
>>
>>30002612
i guess i get that, i feel a similar way towards some people
but do you enjoy his company? can you discuss the movies/shows/games or whatever you like with him? If so, you should try

also, could you really say you're in any better position than him?
>>
>Deleted Facebook
>Deleted Snapchat
>Deleted Kik
>Deleted every single social media
>Moved to the countryside

I feel so fucking lonely and isolate sometimes, I haven't heard from any past friends in a long time.
>>
>>30002646
>>30002663

I literally said I was a horrible unlikable person.
>>
>>30002612
so anyone who's not able to give you career or social advancement is useless to you?

no wonder you're a robot. fuck, no wonder I'M a robot, as i'm neither of those qualifications to anybody.
>>
>>30002435
I am in the same situation as you.
>>
>>30002675
I enjoy his company in limited doses but it would offer zero long term benefit so I see it as a highly hedonistic pursuit.

Define better position.
>>
I did this, but now the crushing loneliness/desire for socialization is starting to catch up and everybody I used to know kind of hates me for ghosting them.

What the f do I do?
>>
>>30002719
Literally every social relationship is a transaction. You just don't realize it.

My social capital has value so I don't intend on giving it away.
>>
File: sketch-1468710118182.png (71 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1468710118182.png
71 KB, 540x960
>>30002612
I drew a nice picture for you
>>
>>30002753
If you enjoy his company, then that's all you'd need, isn't it?
"hedonism" is overindulgence in the comfortable, but completely denying everything comfy is just retarded

and i mean would you be able to offer other people career-related opportunities or provide them any significant advancement at all? Are you anything but a low class person that will remain that way for your life?

I'm honestly starting to think you just want loneliness for the sake of having the appearance of being dark and broody or something
>>
>>30001538
I did it these days
My only circle of friends calls me this stupid nickname (Just like everybody else)
So I simply ditched them
>>
>>30002789
but isn't a shared comfort in each others' company good enough, though?

the next bro's night out or coffee session or whatever may turn into the next business opportunity. besides, not helping an autist out is just sad,
>>
All of my friends were normies/chads, and every conversation was just an excuse to brag about who they fucked/kissed
It was depressing to be around them, honestly
>>
>>30002825
I'm a grad student at an ivy league.

>>30002841
Yes I do believe I can offer significant opportunity and advancement to those who associate with me. I'm also a charismatic and entertaining person.

To your point about class, if you must know, I do come from a high class background and am acquainted with various people of considerable influence.

>>30002936
It may be somewhat pleasurable but spending time alone is more enjoyable.
>>
I just stopped contacting people after hs. I simply dont feel like it, too much effort to maintain relationships without school.

I get stir crazy, but not lonely. I hate being in public because i cant stand to watch people go about their lives, i feel like a ghost observing the still living. Not jealous, just outside.
>>
>>30002995
>I'm also a charismatic and entertaining person.
that sounds like bullshit. you talk about having no social life, yet you think you're charming? Even if you once were, those skills have probably withered away now

you're full of yourself and stuck up
>>
Yeah I've done that a couple times. I always end up regretting it in the end but I just can't be around people.

Was still friends with my ex and I decided to just drop her and all mutual friends completely because it was causing too many hurt feelings and I felt I had to move on. But she was a really good platonic friend and I'm currently alone so things didn't really work out for the better.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.