[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improvement thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 42[1].jpg (284 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
42[1].jpg
284 KB, 1600x1066
Can we get one of these going again?
What are you robots doing to better yourselves?
>been eating healthier this past week
>working on my depressive habits
>thinking about getting a gym membership and making a tinder, probably too scared to do either one

Recovering robots only please
>>
>>29998991
I'm going to get a proper study regiment going. At least 3 hours every day 7 days a week. In addition I must read at least one chapter of anything in Japanese in addition to vocab.

3 hours is probably tiny compared to what other people do, but it's a big improvement for me.
>>
>>29999067
Nice, I hope you keep up with it. I tried learning japanese with bumnumba1's youtube videos a couple year ago, but I stopped putting in the time. Wish I hadn't.
>>
File: Yotsubato_v03_001.jpg (94 KB, 836x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yotsubato_v03_001.jpg
94 KB, 836x1200
>>29999169
Thanks anon. If you ever pick it up again, give Yotsuba a read. It's fucking magical.

Why are you scared of the gym?
>>
>>29999284
I'm not sure but I think I heard about Yotsuba. It's about a little girl, right?
I struggle with anxiety, and I'm just worried about going to the same place multiple times a week with people my age, I'm especially worried I'll bump into someone who went to highschool with me. I'm also really out of shape and don't want to be judged or made fun of. Pretty juvenile but that's how I feel. I do really want to go to a gym, for health reasons.
>>
Watching Lynda.com videos and listening to law course CDs. Learning academic things isn't my big problem, but it's the easiest to tell myself I'm improving
>>
>>29998991
In the hopes of getting the great get, I just want to say that all of us, whether we've always been robots or descended here from normalhood, no matter how far gone we think we are, all of us have hope.

That and praise kek.
>>
>>29999622
>Lynda.com
Wat dat be?
>>
>>29999711
Like Khan Academy but with technical skills. Got a subscription through my school
>>
File: Yotsubato_v08_009.jpg (210 KB, 845x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yotsubato_v08_009.jpg
210 KB, 845x1200
>>29999513
It's about a little girl and her father. They go on adventures.
Don't worry about any of that shit. You're there to improve yourself, so fuck what anyone else thinks.
>>
>>29999992
Damn that sounds incredible. I have a coworker at my god awful wagie job looking into the trades, I'll have to tell him about this.
>>
>>30000013
In that case, it is the series I was thinking of, I've heard great things about it.
And I know, I should just go to one and do my thing. I've managed my anxiety in other areas in my life, this just seems like a really big hurdle for some reason. I really hope I sign up this week.
>>
>>30000367
Eh, depends on what you mean by trades. It's not stuff like HVAC. I was talking things like specific software and IT. There's some bullshit courses on songwriting and communication and the like too
>>
>>30000501
If you can't sign up for a gym, what about just working out at home?
Anyone can do a set of sit ups, push ups, and a run. It's probably cheaper too.
>>
>>30000540
Ah I get you. Songwriting courses actually sound kinda fun 2bh uncle senpai.
>>
>>29998991
I started weight training but I'm unsure about my diet. I wish Nick was still around to get a second opinion on what I've planned out,
>>
>>30000596
Actually, I have tried that before. But working out at home is so boring and tedious that I never keep up with it. I may actually try that in earnest now, though. Also, they say sit ups are bad for your back now. Leg raises are the new fad for hitting your core. I prefer planks
>>
>>30000620
This is an original question asking: Who's Nick?
>>
File: yotsubalobster.jpg (121 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
yotsubalobster.jpg
121 KB, 1280x960
>>30000662
>boring and tedious
This may sound sorta spergy, but have you considered pokemon go as a motivational tool for running? You need to walk or run a certain distance to hatch eggs. So the further you run, the more pokemon you'll hatch. I dunno about the rest of that stuff though.

So long as we put in the effort, we'll all make it brah.
>>
>>30000713
He was a guy that posted here and helped robots get into fitness and exercise.
>>
>>30000742
I actually have 2 unhatched eggs, that's not a bad idea. I'm with you on the effort, cheers robro.
>>
>>30000774
Shit, I could use him right now. What routine were you thinking of starting?
>>
>>30000817
I'm a bit slow at the moment, did you mean with dieting or exercise?
>>
>>30000846
Um, both? Moreso the exercise I guess. I'm more knowledgeable on nutrition.
>>
>work out regularly
>have a tinder
>taking summer classes
>working on improving eating habits
How the fuck do I work on my terribly unattractive personality and lack of conversation skills? The "it takes me a while to warm up to people" line doesn't work with guys so I can't keep people around at all unless I regularly help them with something.
>>
>>30000936
Try picking up a hobby, preferably one that involves socializing. Not just education or exercise, something you do for fun. It will give you something interesting to talk about, and you can practice your social skills doing it, too.
Personalities are subjective. As normie as it sounds, if you embrace who you are and what you like you can find similar people. Eventually
>>
>>29998991
Any of you guys get success with tinder?
>>
>>30000990
What hobbies can't be solitary? Cause I probably don't want to do them.
>>
>>30001449
team sports, dancing, language learning (because you need to speak it to practice), tabletop gaming
>>
>develop workout routine
>start actually eating well instead of just counting calories
>always run out of foodstuff before the end of the month

i guess i'll look into getting a job, maybe then i'll be able to pay for whatever i need. that'll eat up my day too, thank god since i have nothing to do, but that's only really since i have no money. funny.
>>
>>30001817
Good job anon. I was in the same boat as you, only counting calories not caring what I was eating.
A job could be good. It could also be really stressful. I have quit multiple jobs because they were killing me, but I've also met some cool people. In my case the income is a necessity.
>>
Lightweight lifting and calisthenics. Question: is it bad if I jump from 15lbs dumbbells to 40lbs? I don't have room/money for a barbell and these are the heaviest dumbbells I can find in my vicinity.
>>
>>30001917
With my very limited knowledge of weightlifting, I'm going to say you should be fine as long as you use much less reps with the 40lbs to start off.
>>
>>30001909
i'm going to apply for an overnight shift at walmart, i'm probably not going to be in for anything too stressful.
>>
>>30001943
Thank you, /fit/bot!
>>
lost 65 lbs started back in march. Too easy bros get on the fast track to that nice bod
>>
>>29998991
>lost 40lbs in the last two years
>got down from drinking a six pack a night (at least) to one or two beers a day (at most)
>on the right medications, doses are severely reduced from what they were a few years ago
>seeing my psychologist twice a week
>doing extremely well with therapy, have made significant progress
>went from not being able to chop vegetables around other people or drive past a cemetery to being able to carry a knife on me in a crowded building and spend extended periods of time in hospitals and funeral homes
>intrusive thoughts are a lot less stressful, working on it every day
>haven't even come close to harming anyone or touching anything dead in years
>socializing with people online regularly, working up to making friends IRL
>getting a sleep study done this month to fix my sleep apnea
>getting my dental work done in the next several weeks
>joining a gym next week
>quit my extremely shitty job and going to look for work that I'm actually qualified for
I may not be getting married, or buying a house, or having children, or doing any of the things that most people my age are doing, but fuck am I proud of myself for how much progress I've made in the last couple of years. I'm practically a different person at this point. If I can make it, there's hope for all of us.
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
I'm trying to kill most of my social anxiety. I joined a band and we played a block party for Canada day on the first. We're also playing a show this next Friday in a bar and im terrified, but it's facing my fears man.
>>
>>30002045
I'm just going to say be careful. The worst job I ever had was working overnight for a local grocery store. And walmart is particularly known for treating employees like feces. Best of luck anon
>>
>>29998991
I've recently started writing everything that happened to me and what I did and thought down at the end of the day. I want to see if I can identify any negative patterns or anything, and I think it will prove useful for stepping back and looking at my life, so I can see if there's anything I can change you know? When I do it I get my thoughts and feelings out, and I feel much better.
>>
>>30002096
yeah, I know their managers are shitty and most of my coworkers will be lazy retards but i don't have much of a choice as for places that hire people without diplomas and start at $10/hr. not in a position to over look a shitty job.
>>
>>30002095
What kind of music do you play anon?

I wish I could find people in my area that like death metal and want to play it. You're lucky to have found people with similar music tastes
>>
>>30002068
I'm not from /fit/ but you're welcome!

>>30002092
Nice. What was your weight loss routine?

>>30002094
Awesome job man. That's some authentic, inspiring shit.

>>30002095
Well done my dude. Keep it up, I wish I had an ear for music.

>>30002097
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I think I'll try it out tonight, thanks anon

You guys are all amazing. With the shit threads I typically see on this board I didn't realize so many robots still had hope and were making moves to improve. To quote a man who died in a sauna: We're all gonna make it bros.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.