[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw strong creative drive >no talent in any area >even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>tfw strong creative drive
>no talent in any area
>even when I genuinely try to pick something up I start plateauing quickly

Anyone know this feel?
>>
It's called being lazy.
>>
File: 1454944095961.jpg (28 KB, 480x581) Image search: [Google]
1454944095961.jpg
28 KB, 480x581
>tfw I have the exact vice versa of this feel
>>
File: wrists.jpg (44 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
wrists.jpg
44 KB, 395x578
>>29996124
I felt this way too. I started crafting pepes because if their bad I can just say that's part of the irony. it's best to start out with something that is impossible to be bad at
>>
>>29996124
Yeah it's really just you being lazy
Talent doesn't really exist just practice something until you have a skill if your really care enough
>>
If you have the drive to do it, that's really all the permission thats is required. The rest comes down to sustainable practice, most things aren't fun when you're not good at them, you just have to persevere. A lot of the best creatives just happened to get through this shitty phase during childhood agile their sense of worth wasn't overly attached to the products of their activities. Have a fixed schedule of 15-60 mins of doing the thing each day and just do it. You have to accept that it's dumb to think you could create in a way that competes with people who have put in thousands of hours. Develop discipline, find good instruction (the web is filled with it now no excuses) and steadily work away. it's much more effective to do a bit each day than 5-6 hours every now and then when you feel inspired.
>>
>>29996136
>>29996393
>>29996388
>Work hard and you'll get better :)))

Good advice for a child just starting out in life. Bad advice for 20+ autismos who are incapable of improvement due to mental defects
>>
>>29996124
i used my creativity to make this do u like it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkrOvdqNn9I
>>
>>29996473
everyone is capable of improvement. you may not be world class but who gives a fuck you're only competing against yourself. the satisfaction that comes with these things comes from doing the activity, not the associated rewards of being recognised as good (case in point: had a reasonably successful art show, made $1500 heaped with praise, felt hollow and depressed the next day)
>>
File: retard-kid_o_157311.jpg (41 KB, 407x417) Image search: [Google]
retard-kid_o_157311.jpg
41 KB, 407x417
>>29996558
>everyone can improve!!!1

no, really, some can't. fuck yourself you entitled cunt
>>
>>29996612
ok you convinced me, you're an insufferable twat who won't ever improve. ya happy now?
>>
>>29996612
Lol ass pained
>>
>>29996612
I've see literal down syndromes improve their drawings, if you've got arms it's possible
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.