[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you robots work in the oil fields & make a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download (1).jpg (13 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
13 KB, 301x167
Why don't you robots work in the oil fields & make a man out of yourselves
>>
it sounds nice, especially if it would mean being neet for half of the year.
>>
>>29995272
I think I'd love that. I won't be a petro-engineer or anything like that though. I wonder if there are easy skills to pick up for that.
>>
>Great ideas from 2009
>>
>>29995401

>people have stopped using oil
>>
I'm afraid my co-workers will make fun of me.
>>
>>29995272

There's a high chance of injury
>>
>>29995677
Why though?
orig
>>29995849
Cool. Maybe they're not as picky then.
>>
>>29995272
I simply dont want to
>>
No idea how to get these high paying meme jobs.
>>
>>29995943
Indeed

It has tons of listing of these jobs in West texas
>>
>>29995272

Generally speaking they'll avoid hiring you if you don't look physically capable of doing the job. And rig pigging isn't really easy.

Its great if you're not a fucking retard though. The pay is god damn amazing. Work 2 weeks on, meals included usually, 2 weeks off at home. Most companies will bus/fly you up from wherever you are (in province, albertafag here).

Only problem is stability. Hundreds of stories every day of oilworkers who have been doing it for 20 years, yet have no savings. Giant house they can't afford, brand new truck 4 ATVs and a lakelot, but they're still making payments on all of them. Suddenly shit slows down and they have nothing.

For a robot who just wants 2 weeks at a time to sit at home and play vidya, shit is fantastic. Hell if you live simple you can probably retire early as hell. Just don't get something dropped on you and die.
>>
>>29995272
>oil fields with current oil prices
shiggy
>>
Because the oil industry is crumbling.
>>
>>29996890
>>29997009

>oil is no longer in demand
>>
>>29996890
>>29997009

Work goes on there no matter what. They're hiring at lower wages than they used to, its still fucking crazy high. No $50/h, but plenty of $15-25/h positions depending on your skills/what you're willing to do.

Of course I'm in Alberta and they're just getting started rebuilding the small camps.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.