[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: camaje-cooking-7.jpg (655 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
camaje-cooking-7.jpg
655 KB, 1698x1131
Let's learn how to cook! Cooking can be very relaxing and rewarding! Share your recipes, fellas. I'll start off with a relatively easy one -

Rice with saucy chicken and vegetables :

Note - it's pretty obvious but always take care when cooking, especially when frying. Piping hot oil is no joke.

INGREDIENTS -
- A packet of rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- Vegetables of choice, but generally zucchinis, carrots, leek and peppers are a good combination.
- Peanuts
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil (or sunflower oil)
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Cornstarch

PART ONE, RICE -
1 - Grab your desired amount of rice and wash it well with cold water.
2 - Pour water in a large pan or pot, whatever you've got that can hold the rice. Amount of water poured should be 3x the amount of rice. For example if you took one cup of rice, pour three cups of water using the same cup.
3 - Put in salt by your preference. I generally recommend going easy on the salt, as it's easier to fix an under-salted dish.
4 - Cover your pot/pan and turn on the heat (I usually turn up the heat on my hot plate/stove on high, and then turn it down once the rice starts to boil) and let it boil.
Note - don't worry if the water starts to foam up and spill, just turn down the heat a little if you haven't done so yet and remove the lid to let some of the steam out. You can also take the pot off the heat for a moment or two while it simmers down a little.
5 - Eventually your rice will soak up the water and swell, leaving little water in the cooking pot. Turn off the heat and take the rice off the stove, and leave it to cool somewhere while you're making the chicken.

PART TWO, CHICKEN & VEGETABLES -
1 - Cut the chicken breast into cubes or strips, whatever you prefer. Make sure you remove junk / bone off them.
2 - Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and brown sugar in a suitable container and put the chicken breast in it. Stir it up and let it absorb the sauce.
3 - Cut your vegetables into strips.

CONTINUED -
>>
>>29994334
CONTINUING -

4 - Grind up your peanuts. You can just grab the packet before opening and crush them with something.
5 - Mix some water and cornstarch, I think the ratio was 1:1. Half a tablespoon should be good enough, can't remember the exact amount.
6 - When you've prepared your ingredients, and the meat has absorbed some sauce, put a wok pan (or a suitable replacement, it shouldn't be shallow) on the stove, and turn up the heat.
7 - Once the pan has heated enough (make sure it doesn't overheat), pour a small amount of olive oil (or sunflower oil). Something like a tablespoon and maybe a bit more.
8 - Put the chicken in the pan, and stir until cooked. You can decide until when exactly, but about the pont once they shrivel up and start letting out a boiling sauce.
9 - Pour in the cornstarch mixed with water and grinded peanuts.
10 - Take the chicken out of the pan, put in a little more oil and stir fry the vegetables. You can add salt, soy sauce and/or pepper.
11 - Turn off the heat once the vegetables are done and pour them in the container with the cooked chicken and mix/stir it up.
12 - Serve with the rice and enjoy! You can add some more peanuts when serving or more soy sauce if you prefer.

So, what are your favourite recipes?
>>
What's the point of cooking when you can eat the ingredients seperately?
>>
>>29994363
And if it takes longer to make than to eat it just seems even more pointless.
>>
Anon, when I go to buy chicken breast, they are so fucking dry and tough and the flesh is stringy before I even cook it. What the fuck is going on with these chickens today?
>>
What happened to the guy who made that pizza a month or so ago? He said he would make another one

I liked that thread
>>
>>29994382
Depending on the recipe, it can take a few hours (for this recipe it usually takes me somewhere between 1-2 hours), but the result will be tasty, usually healthy food that can last you a few days. And you can make it exactly how you want it to be.
>>
>>29994334
>Amount of water poured should be 3x the amount of rice

that's too much nigga, i've never used more than 2x water. Comes out perfect every time
>>
>>29994419
Hmm, do you buy it pre-packaged or from a vendor?
>>
>>29994763
Yeah, I've read that 2x is perfect, since with 3x it's quite moist when done, but I've had no problems with it for now. I'll definitely try 2x next time tho'.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.