[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mental illness/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1467266923991.png (1 MB, 1098x1182) Image search: [Google]
1467266923991.png
1 MB, 1098x1182
what even IS a mental disorder or a mental illness? Mental illness general

Whatchu got senpai
>>
I have autism and I'm very uggo.

Everything on the planet hates me
>>
I was told that I am insane/close to insanity and on the border of going full blown crazy. How do I make that happen? I don't feel very insane. Will making a tulpa help?
>>
File: image_52.jpg (167 KB, 1114x1193) Image search: [Google]
image_52.jpg
167 KB, 1114x1193
>>29992365
Noone is insane
>>
>>29992300
Those are good questions. Unless one is willing to allow for an entity outside the physical realm that contains our cognition (the soul in example) then the mind and all it's thoughts are directly connected to physical actions and reactions. Stuff on or in ones body is causing every influencing emotion, instinct, thought and feeling and memory.

Mental illness is often a symptom of a physical process gone awry. It could literally be due to a reduction or increase in a type of bacteria in your intestines. Or in having too much light per day and into the night causing disruption in your endocrine system due to its reliance on the circadian rhythm (which is set by the sunrise and sunset.

Mental illness must be in some cases a natural reaction, a symptom, designed to flag the units need to be destroyed or repaired.

Mental illness must also be at times the a sign that a unit (human) in a group (culture or society) is testing the natural barriers of society to find a easier ways to survive (the process of evolution).

I lean towards the bacteria on my skin and the fungus on my feet having just as much to do with my thought processes as a cluster of braincells, just as my conspecifics (other humans I share this world with) have an effect on the culture I was raised in and how that culture proceeds into the future.
>>
>>29992300
Agoraphobia.
Can't leave my shit flat.
Feel like if I go to far away from my safe space (flat) I'll have a panic attack and die, but if I stay in here another year the walls will start telling me to kill myself and I will. And if I've not made any progress toward either I'll kill myself because of the hopelessness of my situation.
>>
so far ive been diagnosed with gid, bipolar disorder and complex ptsd. many people i know suspect i have borderline but nobody really knows.
also i obvi had some huge issues with paranoia and going outside for a long time. meds help.
>>
File: BabychimpOMG.jpg (191 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
BabychimpOMG.jpg
191 KB, 800x600
>>29992893
Getting over agoraphobia is a bear of a bitch. It is possible, though you have to be willing to suicide a little. Seriously. You meet the feeling of impending panic attack and death with a touch of suicidal 'idaf let it kill me'.

It took me weeks to work up to standing at my door with my clothes and shoes on. Weeks to stand there as if I'm about to go out, with my hand on the door knob (that part took a while too). I equated my anxiety to the Flight response in animals (because I am one). If I were to treat myself as an animal who is afraid of a situation then the step I was in control of was putting myself in the situation to feel the need to Flee. Then hold that position for a time. Then continue to return to it. Like an animal scared of a human but the human holds food out. Their is a stimulus that causes the animal to willingly linger in the limbo just before actually fleeing. If you are an animal, which you are, then you will adapt. You can't stop the adaption process if you give it (yourself) consistent(!) moments of lingering stress resistance. You then become habituated to surviving the stressful moment.

Only focus on the diligence of consistency. And the willingness to cause psychic pain with a flippant glee towards death. You are already killing yourself by being agoraphobic. Might as well use that slow suicide towards a form of psychic self harm that will net you the real chance of getting better.

i love you, anon.
>>
>>29992300
diagnosed with autism and schizophrenia
currently on sertraline 100mg and olanzapine 20mg
feel free to ask me questions
>>
>>29992300
It's a m-e-m-e
>>
>>29993481
>Sertraline
I'm on this shit too. Do you ever end up throwing fits at the end of the day, about 10-12 hours after taking the pills? They make me less depressed during the day, but at night I get so restless and my thoughts get so bad I flail around and occasionally punch myself. I even tried cutting once but stopped after realizing how fucking retarded it is.
>>
>>29993481
So, I've heard a lot about how these symptoms can overlap. What do you notice?
>>
>>29993451
>laugh inwardly at agoraphobic post
>"geez that a silly thing to be scared of-"
>remember I'm autistic
>remember I spend everyday all day posting on 4chan
>remember that my anime backlog grows larger each day and I'm lucky if I watch an hours worth a day
>remember that I've always wanted to be a writer but I wrote more on 4chan than I ever did creatively
>remember the food I overate just an hour ago that I've been trying to quit forever and always been overweight
fuck
>>
>>29993552
nope
>>29993602
I don't understand the question
>>
File: alone and sad.jpg (91 KB, 900x584) Image search: [Google]
alone and sad.jpg
91 KB, 900x584
>>29993552
I was on sertraline when I attempted suicide for the first time. I've always been suicidal but never tried it before. Then one day I missed my pill. Then missed it again the next day. By the third I had lost all moral conscience. It was such a relief to consider suicide without caring what my family would have to deal with.

I've never felt that before or since. Only after falling off the medication for two days. Whatever those pills do, it would have been better had I never took them to begin with.

What I did was go to the store and buy plastic sheeting, dryer vent hose (the aluminum foil looking hose), shop towels to block up the window, and a roll of black duct tape with the words 'Yolo' printed all over it in pink. I laughed in the store and thought it was a nice touch to secure the hose to my car exhaust with that. I'm not an edgy person. I was 28. I just felt like a weight was lifted from me, emotions, and the thought and action of suicide was no different at the time than the choice of putting in the effort to make food when I'm hungry. Looking back, even just a few days later, I couldn't believe how the lack of those pills could change me so profoundly and temporarily. I was a sociopath for about 12-24 hours.

No wonder all these mass shooters are found to be on SSRi's. If I had any ill will towards someone during that time then I would have murdered them before suiciding. It's fucked up but I'm so glad the only person I blame for my life is myself.

After getting out of the psych ward (held me for 3 days) I purposefully went off my medication cold turkey. I decided that I can't allow myself to be at risk of becoming a sociopath over a day or two of forgetting to take my pills, that I was better off fighting my depression and suicidal ideation and anxiety attacks alone than with the covering, numbing, blanket of the SSRI. Mind set and dangerous withdrawal effects accounted for I've made it through life without those pills for the past 2 years.
>>
>>29993640
Anon, will you please write a story of person that makes it through our situations? Even if all the story does is sit on your harddrive half finished.

I just want some part of us to make it out.
>>
>>29993725
How distinct is your schizo from your autism
>>
>>29993640
>tfw also want to be a writer
>tfw disgusted with what I write
>It's all I'm good at
>Haven't read enough
>But still write pretty frequently as creative fun

I know these feels.

Protip: Try writing smut
>>
>>29992300
Ive got no mental problem, my ticker is better than ever
I do have a drinking problem tho
>>
Had selective mutism up until 14 years old. Parents didn't want to bring me to a psychiatrist during all those years. As a result, I have shit social skills. You can probably guess that high school was torture.

This illness as well as my parents' failure to get me professional help is what made me the robot I am today.
>>
>>29994888
Nice trips

A psychiatrist wouldn't really be helpful. Unless I'm confused
>>
>>29994753
it all just sort of blends together
>>
People whose hobby or social identity is their 'mental illness' are either really stupid or really pathetic, or both.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.