[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some NEET-approved hobbies, other than anime and vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: 1454241808717.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1454241808717.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
What are some NEET-approved hobbies, other than anime and vidya? No normieshit allowed.
>>
>>29991036
Right now, am chilled, listening to music, posting here, got nice tea, in comfy bed in the country.

Feels nice nigga
>>
not much you can do without money, maybe working out? dumpster diving? i can't think of anything else.
>>
>>29991089
This. Just listening to music and browsing r9k desu.

Get some snacks op
>>
>NEET-approved hobbies
Wargames (ie Warhammer)
Music (not radio, but grinding out 4 to 5 albums PER DAY)
Collecting Figures
>>
>>29991036

I'm reading books (Currently trying to get into the old greeks) 24/7
Do I pass the test?
>>
>>29991036
Learning stuff is pretty nice.
>>
>>29991036
Working nine to five
>>
>>29991213

Are you fucking retarded? Do you even know what the acronym NEET means?
>>
Making music in FL Studio, Ableton or other DAWs
Drawing
Reading
Non-anime movies or tv series
>>
File: 1451240703178.jpg (173 KB, 770x660) Image search: [Google]
1451240703178.jpg
173 KB, 770x660
>>29991243
Alright little fella. I'm going throw you back this time, but don't bite *everything* that falls in the water.
>>
>>29991243
Why did you take the bait?
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29991036
This one: philosophy. Dank memes is another one.
>>
>>29991036
A lot of NEETs are big NBA fans.
>>
>>29991036
Studying genetics, genome, biochemistry and molecular biology.
>>
File: tumblr_nyowy4uPVz1v0pigno1_400.png (244 KB, 393x401) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyowy4uPVz1v0pigno1_400.png
244 KB, 393x401
Personally, I'm somewhat of a celebrity at the local piano bar.
>>
>>29991036
Reading is fine, since you can pirate every book ever written. Cheap and solitary hobby.
You can also turn to writing eventually.
And if you don't want to write prose, try poetry. Or even code. Write simple, basic video games, publish them for free so 14-17 people will download them, and 2 will commend saying it was shit.
Cooking is nice, since it saves you money, and can be beneficial for your health. Useful and noble skill to have, the only reason it was abandoned was it takes too much time from the working modern man. But you have no such problem.
Various handcrafts, maybe make a bow, some wooden figures, shelves for your room, to hold your second hand books and a few flower pots.
You can download and marathon TV shows for free, or download and watch a million documentaries.
Self improvement is a bit off, mostly the target audience is failed normies trying to "make it", but there are some good things in there as well.
Exercising, hiking, urban exploration, photography, those can all be cheap things to do alone, and can be beneficial.
You mentioned vidya, and I already said programming, but modding games is another one thats kind of in the middle. I am currently making mods for Skyrim, Darkest Dungeon, Hearts of Iron IV and Dont Starve.

Can't think of much else, those are the ones I do. I sort of abandoned music as a hobby, I haven't gotten a new favorite song in maybe a decade, I just relisten to the old classic dadrock as background music from time to time.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 629x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 629x618
>>29991279
Drawing is alright. Personally, I also write.
>>
Lifting
Foraging
Hunting
Fishing
>>
>>29992574
How did you get into it, and what do you write? How do you improve?
>>
Amateur radio a.k.a. 'Ham radio'

You have to follow rules concerning operation but it can be done from home and the amount of reading and experimenting that can be done is endless. Need just a few $$ to get started though. Much less expensive than limited edition Japanese cartoons though.
>>
>>29991036
>Model train building and collecting
>Woodworking
>>
>>29991036
chronic masturbation
>>
>>29991036
building electronics, so far I've built a floodlight, desk fan, vibrator for my fleshlight and a bug scanner
>>
>>29991279
this.
Thankfully making music pays off nowadays.
Reading
Cycling
Just don't drink and smoke, it fucks everything up.
>>
File: no2.png (48 KB, 321x362) Image search: [Google]
no2.png
48 KB, 321x362
>watching films
cinema is a incredibly large medium and artform, thousands of films are released each year, I'm looking for the most avant-garde or the ones I might enjoy - I like experimental cinema, it widely develops these decades
>reading comic-books
I read many genre from different countries (france, belgium, italy, brazil, japan, china, canada, US mainly)
>music
I'm a /mu/fag :^(
>>
>>29991036
fapping.

hard.
>>
I often draw, I want to be able to share it online with others, but I'm not posting shit until my art becomes satisfactory and I can draw without tracing shit.
>>
>>29993286
Do you use physical media, or digital? If the latter, did you buy special equipment, or just use mouse?
>>
>>29993201
rec me a few good flims senpai
>>
>>29993321
Schindler's List and Shallow Hal are classics.
>>
>>29991036
I fix cars and build computers, want to start studying criminology next.
>>
>>29991036
play guitar, lessons are online and time passes by really fast.
>>
File: 1458954140887.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458954140887.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>29993286
>spend hours upon hours making autistic fan art
>share it with others
>suddenly look at it and think it looks like shit
>people tell me it looks good
There's something about people trying to reassure me that I didn't know I could feel.
>>
>>29993363
Whats a good starter kit, both of guitar and lessons?
Also is it practical to do in an apartment complex, when I could only do it late in the evening, or would the neighbors just bully me out of it with complaints?
>>
Learn Japanese

All the materials required are available for you on the Internet, so you can do it without ever needing to leave the comfort of your room

It keeps you busy all the time, you literally never get bored because there's always something you can read or study at all times

And you've got infinite shut in oriented material to immerse yourself in at all time

If you get good enough you can even make some dosh translating
>>
>>29993414
i bought an Ibanez starter kit wich costed me around 200euro, it includes guitar, amp, heaphones(hence you can practice even at night),a guitar bag and a tuner. Beginner lessons are all around youtube so it wont be a problem till you are medium- advenced.
>>
>>29992441
Fuck off with this meme, you already had your failed thread yesterday. Basketball is normie-tier.
>>
>>29991036
growing weed
>>
>>29991036
Playing instruments and writing music
Sculpting
Writing stories
Hiking
Photoshopping

>>29993576
>>29993414
>ibanez starter kit

Never buy Ibanez anything. Ever.
t. guitar pro
>>
File: 1241235163.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1241235163.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>>29991036
Warhammer 40k is a great NEET passtime painting them can be alot of fun
>>
>>29993696
That starter kit is pretty good for a beginner, my 2nd guitar is an Ibanez Rg350Dx and its pretty good
>>
>>29992698
that sounds like a cool hobby anon. If I had my own workshop and wasn't fucking stupid I'd build radios.

Currently I write fiction and read books.
>>
fingerboarding t b h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USebeqkPQQs
>>
>>29993759
>That starter kit is pretty good for a beginner, my 2nd guitar is an Ibanez Rg350Dx and its pretty good

I've played electric guitar for 12 years. I have a lot of experience with this shit. Pretty much any firm has better cheap gear than Ibanez. You'd realize that once you get some more experience with real guitars.

I'd recommend Epiphone for a starter guitar.
>>
I like gardening, pretty comfy
>>
>>29993335
please stop saying shit man,you're not me famiglia
>>29993321
try to watch tarkovskij (ivan's childhood), godard (pierrot le fou), kitano (hana-bi), wong kar wai (2046)
these ones are fine directors and films
>>
>>29993863
I'd love to have a sick garden, seems really comfy, I'd definitely get into gardening if I was rich or some shit
>>
>>29993829
Well, i can't say that i'm an expert ( i play guitar since 2011) but i've almost always heard great things about ibanez guitars, especially for their price\quality. Since you're a pro, recommend me a medium tier guitar for metal around 600 euro.
>>
>>29991036
>Thanks to the growth of fast and low quality life us neets can be foodies too, this one take out website has over 300 restaurants delivering to my area and that's just the tip of the iceberg
>There are a bunch of online lessons or "colleges" but don't fall for that, they don't teach you shit and you don't get acknowledged as having a degree anywhere
>There are ways for making money from home if you are in the us tho but I don't have a link to the pastebin
>There is also camming if you are a skelly robot
>Reselling from eBay
>Pretty much anything artistic too
>>
>>29993912
>no seven samurai

Surprised, 99% of artsy film-is-art people on 4chan start with that.
>>
>>29993286
>And I can draw without tracing shit
I hope you don't think that copying some drawing is teaching you how to draw, lost of people make that mistake. It doesnt
>>
>>29993970
>recommend me a medium tier guitar for metal around 600 euro.

LTD's are the best Metal guitars in that price range currently. They're made in third world countries yet somehow have a great fucking feel and sound, and very versatile. There are actually a lot of professional Metal guitarists playing them. I adore my Eclipse but they have a bunch of other good models.

I've also had some good experience with Shechters but the quality tends to fluctuate.
>>
>>29992587
I'm not op but really, you need to right more and often. You can tell you're improving if you look back and fix mistakes your previous writing has, or fixing things that don't flow well. What are you thinking of writing? I can link stuff of mine if you want to talk about it.
>>
>>29991036
I started to get into drawing, all you need is a pen/pencil and some paper. Drawabox.com and the /ic/ sticky are both good starting off points.
>>
>>29994237
Fun with a pencil is a meme that won't teach you how to draw tho
>>
>>29994237
Drawing definitely seems like something you have to have always been into, like you can't really just decide to pick it up as a hobby
>>
>>29994062
i like kurosawa and kobayashi but hey, there's no leone too
i like samurai cinema but less than the other i quoted
>>
File: yuLWrhY.gif (168 KB, 680x385) Image search: [Google]
yuLWrhY.gif
168 KB, 680x385
>>29994196
>sit here nervously re-reading and polishing my writing hoping someone asks about it

W-well it's fine, I didn't want to show it anyway
>>
>>29991036
I assume you take that blanket with you on these regular outings?
>>
>>29994302
fun with a pencil isn't even a beginner's book, if you actually read the sticky it clearly states there's more basic books to teach you the essentials
>>29994304
that's exactly what I'm doing, it's a skill so there's really no reason it can't be trained like any other
>>
>>29991036
Playing Pokemon GO and capture all the gym in town
>>
>>29993510
I really wanna learn Japanese. They have their own sites in Japanese and all that content is behind a language barrier. I ran out of internet content a while ago (real NEETs know this feel) and now I only have what little fresh content 4chan, reddit, youtube, and some other small sites produces. I want to explore the Japanese content too.
>>
>>29994304
That's because normies know Jack shit about drawing, you can wing a song without ever opening a book on theory but drawing it's not the same
>>
Hiking and lone walks are good NEET hobbies.
Combine it with music/drugs and have fun
>>
>>29994756
Being self taught today it's a possibility but not an expectation. It took me a year of classes to get to the point where I feel I know enough to keep going on my own and it could be the same case for you.
One big problem is having no one to tell you you are making mistakes and mistake becomes habit. I seriously would recommend a couple months of classes, any classes, to anyone starting
>>
>>29994835
Well it's a huge investment but if you have the motivation then it's worth, adds so much to your daily habits
>>
>>29994914
it's not like there's any mistakes in drawing basic geometric shapes that you couldn't spot yourself
>>
>>29992533
Hey guys you want me to pluh play the piano piano

No Ricky it's OK

Buh buh gbu I learnt rocket man
>>
>>29994957
You are very very wrong
>>
>>29995081
enlighten me -- how do you fuck up a line or ellipse? All I can think of is drawing too slow, too fast, or not using the correct arm joint for the task.
>>
>>29991036
Learning a language.
Going to parks
Riding the bus (need a pass since I don't have a car so it's almost free). There are lots of rural routes you can ride just to see what it's like.
Annual passes to museums are often very cheap or discounted if you're on welfare. I have two to big museums I like and go during the day when it's empty.
Library is free and also has movies and CDs
>>
>>29995134
>enlighten me
you dont have enough experience yet to be able to tell when you are doing something wrong, did you ever see those drawings people make in deviant art for years and wonder how the fuck have they never gotten better by sheer force? thin line my friend
>>
File: 1456308716303.jpg (79 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456308716303.jpg
79 KB, 500x281
>>29994745
Here's me on a trip to a local eatery I frequent.
>>
>>29995422
>equating anatomy to basic shit like learning the fundamentals of perspective and representing 3D objects in space
Those people on DA never improve because they don't read ANY artbooks, they just sit on their faggot tablets and draw anime trash all day
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.