[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SIG/ - Self-Improvement General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1466353363120.jpg (193 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1466353363120.jpg
193 KB, 645x773
It doesn't all have to be depression and trap threads, lads.

The only way out of this dump is through successuve amounts of self-improvement. What have you been doing to improve yourself?

If you haven't been, in what ways do you want to improve yourself, and why haven't you?
>>
>>29989800
Some things can't be improved
>>
File: image.jpg (896 KB, 3296x2840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
896 KB, 3296x2840
I found this image from a self improvement thread when they were allowed on /fit/.
>>
Will start reading that book by Carnegie today, play only 30 minutes of vidya and not masturbate. Got to start somewhere, right?
>>
Finally stopped making excuses. I'm work on my resume now.
>>
>>29989826
Not with that attitude, anon. Everyone can self-improve, and a man who was low but had to self-improve to get to the top is surely superior to the man who was never low to begin with.

>>29989847
I have problems reading it, but it looks like a good resource, thanks for the share, Anon!
>>
>>29989898
Starting slow is probably the best thing you can do. Expecting everything to come together at once is a big problem because it never works out.
>>
>>29989898
Sounds perfect anon. Here would be my suggestion:
At the start of every day, come up with a set of resolutions that you'd like to see yourself accomplish. Keep it short, at the beginning, and keep it realistic, like the list you have there.

At the end of the day, review your resolutions, and ask yourself how well you accomplished them. Did you do well? Did you fail? Why did you fail? Discard what doesn't work, nurture what does.
>>
Anyone have any self-improvement infographics they'd be willing to post?

I tried asking /adv/ a while ago, but nothing.
>>
>>29989912
Show the world, anon! Make something of yourself!

>>29990107
I don't have any, but here are a few resources off the top of my head:

>Khan Academy, Open Stax, EdX & Coursera
All can be used to further knowledge. Khan Academy is especially good for math, Open Stax is good for a variety of high school/entry college topics, EdX and Coursera have a ton of different, high quality content.

>Less Wrong
Community about improving your ability to rationalize information. Known for "the sequences," a large amount of essays on the aforementioned topic by site founder Eliezer Yudkowsky.

>/fit/
Pretty good for physical self-improvement.

I'll post more if I think about it, anon!

>
>>
are pushups ok for attaining minimal gains?
>>
>>29989800

Lost 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks, got a haircut, went outside, bought new clothes and started being happy every once in a while.
>>
>>29990203
Roko's Basilisk.
You're welcome
>>
>>29990223
I'm sure they are fine, dunno how many gains you'll actually see, but you'll surely lose weight if you are overweight at all.

>>29990233
Good work anon, keep it going!

>>29990249
y-you too...
>>
File: 1468216474083.png (255 KB, 432x426) Image search: [Google]
1468216474083.png
255 KB, 432x426
Must achieve optimal life mode
>>
Yesterday I was dying of heat exhaustion and I took off my shirt and looked in the mirror. I'm finally starting to develop a "hot guy body"
3 more months I'll probably be relatively handsome.
>>
>>29990290
I'm skinnyfat, but thanks anyway
>>
>>29989920
>>29989920
>I have problems reading it,
>Open it in a new tab.
>Zoom up
Enjoy!
>>
is playing guitar self-improvement?
>>
>>29990337
I would look in to timed-interval exercises. It won't get you the results you'd get from actually lifting, but it'll get you more than push-up would.

>>29990450
Tried that already, text is still all JPEG'd up. It might be because I'm on mobile.

>>29990546
Artistically, sure. It's one area of several, and a good start if it's something you've recently gotten in to.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.