[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Robots, I'm working on this RPG, but need help with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Hey Robots,

I'm working on this RPG, but need help with a name. I'm slapping together this cool title screen but uh, I need a name.You faggots got anything?

It's set in modern day as an action rpg with persona like mechanics (day to day cycle where you have to decide what you're gonna do to build your character).

If a name I picked I will make sure to credit you in the credits. I've got a few names but nothing is really jumping out at me, so far I have.

Possible Names So Far:

Quest of Life
The New World
Every Planet We Reach Is Dead
Visions
Shaded Persona

Pic not related: That's from a game called Bloodbath Kavkaz
>>
>>29987571

I dont understand a rats ass of what this game is about.
>>
Metamorphuck

Based off Kafka's metamorphosis which I recommend you read. It's about everyone hating this dude cause he turned into a bug.
>>
>>29987571

yo lemme write your music b/c I do it for a living and shit

[email protected]
>>
>>29987597

If it helps here's more to go off of, I'm very secretive on what the game is and have been telling anyone I've been working on this for the past few months. It also helps if you played say something persona 4 to understand this awful explaination.

>Top down sprite based action RPG
>Modern urban setting
>Main character (created character) has diologue choice and can go full robot/full normie with what he says and how people react
>College aged casts
>Takes place in college town
>(main) He/She starts having visions at night during sleep that they're in hell (This is early on, but durning this segement character will be OP as fuck and have endgame stuff with some weird Berserk/eclipse forshading going on on)
>They wake up shrug it off, go to classes
>Start to notice inconsistences in the world
>Demons start spawning around the city
>Main and brotier friend get stuck fighting one
>They find out they can handle the demons, and can see them while others can't (Others in game will be referred to as normies for shit and giggles)
>Basically character goes day by day balancing uni life with the whole "hey there's some portal hell leaking around here" thing
>One NPC will request MC to freestyle (Just rhyming dialogue choices)
>Another NPC (of the opposite sex to your created character) will have an awkward convo with you where you have to pick the right stuff to say (He/She) will later join the main party as a close ally the story progresses
>Towards endgame a giant fucking volcano will erect from the middle of the city map, at this point normies can see demons and everything is full riot/going to hell mode
Going into the lava is the true start of the endgame where the player and party will go through the 7 layers of hell and fight satan at the end
>Along the way through hell I want to tie it in that the imagery from the dream sequences early game are there, even have the main refrence deja vu.
>>
>>29987762

Haven't been telling anyone. There's probably more spelling errors in that but I tried to describe it
>>
>>29987571
I have a really original name for your 2D RPG game:

Hotline Miami
>>
"Fallen"

"Abyss"

"Anguish"

"Ostracized"

Something like that. At least it should be a good headstart.

OP needs to do some brainstorming himself.
>>
>>29987869

"Into the Debts"

"Hell rise"

I dont know. Its not like its some AAA game anyway....
>>
Bobby's Bizarre Adventure
Reincarnation of the God
Absolute Madness
In the House of Pain
Person of Interest
Dogged
Cycles of Guilt
I Was Forced To Live This Existence By A Big Man In The Sky But It Turns Out They're My Female Cousin?!?!?!
>>
>>29987571
Hotline Miami 3: Stolen concept
>>
>>29987762
>>29987762

Sounds neat. Why "Every Planet We Reach Is Dead?"

"Quest of Life" sounds awful.

What technologies are you using to make the game?
>>
Seriously man, there is being inspired by something and then there is straight ripping something off.
>>
>>29988095
Hell man the guy just used a top down perspective that is like saying every fucking rpg that has the same style is the same.
>>
Audibly kekked at OP's pic, what the fuck
>>
>>29987571

Your shit is just a ripoff of Hotline Miami, you thieving jew.
>>
>>29988128
Its more like the Persona games, though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.