[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am acutely aware of being a pile of flesh that is controlled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1467246478269.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467246478269.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
I am acutely aware of being a pile of flesh that is controlled by hormones and chemicals. I can't take any of my experiences seriously. It's all a joke and my ability to realize this is just an unfortunate side-effect of having evolved intelligence.
>>
>>29985960
And you trust those hormones and chemicals in telling you so?
>>
>>29987222
I said that my thoughts and experiences are a joke, not that they are unreliable.
>>
>>29985960
Here desu:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastery_(book)
>>
you only think that's a negative thing because most people are too stupid to grasp it and you probably grew up with religion so it came as a shock
>>
>>29987503
Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

Orifice cument
>>
>>29987604
Perish pls, I brought the shovel
>>
File: MniEBE5ULG8xDYtBWCgiYpPc.jpg (684 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
MniEBE5ULG8xDYtBWCgiYpPc.jpg
684 KB, 1200x900
>>29985960
>I can't take my experiences seriously because I am acutely aware that I am piloting the most complex and flexible supercomputer known to man.
>>
>>29987698
What an inefficient and purposeless supercomputer.
>>
>>29987530
How is this related to the topic?

>>29987541
I grew up secular as dicks. And it's only getting worse with each passing year.

>>29987698
>piloting
There are no homunculus inside your head. You're not even a cohesive "person" but a clusterfuck of sub-systems that occasionally with fight each other.
>>
>>29987698
>Piloting

More like it's just 'on' and doing it's own thing and I don't have the ability to not experience it
>>
>>29987758
time to take it to the next level op: (You) dont even exist.
your cells are replaced in their entirety every few years and even those that arent are made of atoms which are replaced regularily.
your past self had memories that you have forgotten and lacks experiences you made. hell, go back far enough and your charcter was so different you wouldnt even recognize yourself.

(You) are just a state and not a being. your identity is an illusion your brain creates for the purpose of survival.
>>
>>29987750
>purposeless
>Has been effectively replicating itself for ~six million years
>inefficient
>is quite literally capable of devising methods of more efficient fueling and performance optimization every time it generates a copy

>>29987758
Good point I should have said that YOU ARE the supercomputer
>>
>>29987887
And jews are the poweruser.
>>
>>29987820
>and I don't have the ability to not experience it
True despair right there
>>
File: abstract thought.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
abstract thought.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
has to be posted here
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.