[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw I'll never participate in a military coup. Am I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1444611453646.gif (2 MB, 350x194) Image search: [Google]
1444611453646.gif
2 MB, 350x194
>Tfw I'll never participate in a military coup.

Am I the only one who has this feel? History was being made in Turkey tonight (sure, it didn't end well but it happened). History is always being made in other countries and all I can do is sit here and watch it from far away.
>>
>>29984629
>tfw i want to start a new american revolution and i talk about it all the time but no one else takes it seriously or wants to do it anyway

where's my revolutionaries at?
>>
File: afboafhfaso.png (198 KB, 1280x809) Image search: [Google]
afboafhfaso.png
198 KB, 1280x809
No I just want my NEETbucks
>>
>>29984629
Join the military then
>>
>>29984654
Revolution is the most overrated shit ever.
If you have running water, you should count your blessings and lend the police your spectacles so they can aim at rioters better.
>>
>>29984716
>running water
Hrm yeah this is nice once in a while.
Can you imagine if the Internet was down during the revolution though?
>>
>>29984684
>Join American military.
>Nothing happens because America doesn't have a tradition of dealing with coups + the military is too cucked to do anything about all the shitty politicians.
>>
>>29984736
Join other military then.
>>
>>29984716
>>29984734
disgusting. would rather be comfy than free and living to your true potential. would rather be cucked by the powers that be in exchange for some fucking water and computer.
>>
>>29984765
There's nothing romantic about war, you ignorant little shit.
Go listen to Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon and it will cure your illusions really quick.
>>
>>29984774
it's really not the violence that's my romantic dream. it's the possible outcome. some things are worth fighting for.
>>
>>29984774
>He's content with being a nobody living a life where nothing of note happens.

You belong here.
>>
>>29984812
>it's the possible outcome
dead people, social and economic instability, crippled people, orphans? Yeah sounds good
>>
>>29984736
Ever heard of the Green Berets? Part of their job is to train foreign militias to "protect US interests" abroad, possibly for use against democratically elected gommunists
>>
>>29984851
And? Will the GB be enacting a military coup on American soil anytime soon? No.
>>
>>29984847
suffering is suffering. things never get better unless you take risks. doesn't surprise me that you're on r9k with your attitude.
>>
>>29984902
Luckily I live in the first world where we don't need to start revolutions just for the fuck of it
>>
>>29984928
>I live in the first world
so do i. if you think things are good it's because you are brainwashed into believing that comfy distractions are a wonderful substitute for freedom and meaning. you are so cucked but you smugly believe you're in control.
>>
>>29984928
Rather, you can't start revolutions anymore because the police state is too impossibly powerful for anyone without a death wish to rebel.
>>
>>29984952
>freedom and meaning
So what are we revolting for exactly? What would be the new government?
>>
>>29984952
>freedom
bit vague
>>
>>29984966
>>29984977
>freedom/meaning
the ability to choose the lifestyle you actually want, not the one that society says you should have. the ability to have the next generations of children grow up without indoctrination that tells them to put their own needs aside for the good of the collective and to conform/assimilate at all costs. the ability to escape the endless cycle of mindless production and mindless consumption that keeps people working 40+ hours a week so they can barely enjoy their lives. the ability to become the person you want to be without society putting limits on everything you are. the ability to be the one who benefits from your own hard work instead of serving the elite classes in what is essentially a master/slave relationship.

that's some of it. there's a lot i would hope for people to gain. i honestly feel that every meaningful decision a person makes is manipulated/influenced/determined/controlled by the collective and that this destroys all possibility of meaning in their lives. i hate everything about the way society currently exists so for me, revolution would be worth it regardless of the costs.
>>
>>29984629

I gather that this is your only problem in life, apart from the other self-prescribed maladies of the mind

in other words, kys faggot
>>
>>29984879
OP didn't specify an American coup
>>
>>29985053
I know some of those feels.

We are being enslaved in so many ways.

We are being impoverished too. So many are being allowed to benefit from all sort of economic rents. Wages are low because the corporations have all the power and a labor surplus is always maintained. And many people have to work multiple part time jobs and be stressed as fuck.

This isn't just the government being corrupt and not representing the interests of its citizens, or the necessity to compete or be similar with other nations (for world order reasons). This is also social control. It takes everything for the government to make sure that the few people that have critical jobs keep doing it, with no alternatives, and that the rest keep busy and don't disturb order. The working hours will never be allowed to go down because they don't fucking trust us with free time (unless you're already pretty much checked out of society).
>>
>>29985232
i'm glad there's someone else who understands that the ills of modern living are not merely a byproduct of our capitalist society but a concerted effort to curb our freedom to ever choose anything different using all sorts of underhanded tactics. thanks for the response.
>>
>>29984629
I know that feel OP. I always fantasise about leading or participating in a revolution/coup
>>
>>29985053
But I can live the lifestyle I want, and you seem conscious enough not to let your children grow up as drones (I don't know if this sentence is grammatically correct sorry). I 100% agree on the working 40+ a week thing and your thoughts on jobs in general, but even if we're talking about that there are ways to make honest money and yet not partake in this modern slavery you talk about.

The real problem is that if you want to start a revolution some kind of collective thought is necessary
>>
>>29985383
>some kind of collective thought
meme thought

praise kek
>>
>>29985383
>But I can live the lifestyle I want
i don't know that this will continue much longer. maybe i'm getting into conspiracy territory but i feel like they're tightening the reins all the time. internet censorship and surveillance and the movements to reduce gun ownership rights make me extremely nervous. our children (hypothetically speaking, of course. i am robot after all.) will be less free than we ever were. there's a lot that i want to say but it takes a long time to point out and string together everything i see going on. i feel like there's enough proof at this point that society is on it's way to drastic change and it's either going to get much better or much worse, depending on whether people are willing to stand up for their rights or have already been propagandized into submissive oblivion.

> if you want to start a revolution some kind of collective thought is necessary
true but i have no problem with collective thought as long as it's voluntary. i am not completely sure about my political beliefs but i lean toward anarchism for it's freedom and anarchy doesn't outlaw collective thought, it just requires cooperation to be voluntary. to me, this is the ideal structure for a truly free society.
>>
>>29985525
>our children will be less free than we ever were.
And this is bad how exactly?

A better society would be one with even more rules and constant surveillance of people because the average Joe is a fucking retard and shouldn't be allowed to do what he wants. Freedom is a meme and you fell for it
>>
>>29985599
absolutely disgusting. too cowardly to want to stand on your own two feet because you fell for the "everyone but me is a retard" meme. there's nothing meme about freedom. it is literally the only thing that gives a life meaning. otherwise, you are a robot and a pawn in the games of the people above you. without choice, there is no life. control is death.
>>
File: 1466526430199.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1466526430199.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>29985642
>you are a robot and a pawn in the games of the people above you.
Because that's the only feasible way a society can function. Would you rather go back to the stone age? pic related
>>
>>29985669
>Would you rather go back to the stone age?
kind of, yes. again, i am not completely sure but i entertain the possibility that the anarcho-primitivist perspective is the most desirable form of anarchy.

the weak already fear the strong. or they don't fear them because they're too busy stuffing taco bell, coca-cola and antidepressants down their throats while they watch the kardashians on tv. either way, the weak are always going to be hurt/abused and the strong are always going to be in charge, even in modern society. it just looks more "civilized" but that doesn't mean that it is.

i have some strong opinions and i do have reasoning behind all of them but that doesn't mean i have it all figured out yet or that i'm completely sure what the end result should be. i just know that the current system is very wrong and serves only a very tiny portion of the population.
>>
>>29985815
>the current system is very wrong and serves only a very tiny portion of the population.
Again, that is one of the pillars of society. A society where everyone has equal power just doesn't work as seen with attempts such as communism.

Even if we were to go back to the stone age you'd still be someone's bitch unless you isolated yourself from any and all human contact. In that scenario "the man" would be the strongest who can make you do what he wants by force. Not that much different from today's society.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.