[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So hows the hair holding up robots? That hairline recede any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 20
File: bald.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bald.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
So hows the hair holding up robots?
That hairline recede any further?
Hair falling out?
Thinning problems?
That spot you thought was just your hair parting turning out to be a bald spot?

Tell me your story robot. I am worried every single god dam day.
My brother is 27 and bald as a baseball, my dad was bald in his 20's and my grand fathers were no better.

I am 25 with hair and already saving for hair plugs.
>>
File: 1446085432990.jpg (98 KB, 555x475) Image search: [Google]
1446085432990.jpg
98 KB, 555x475
How much do hair plugs cost?
>>
I'm not balding or anything but Jesus Christ it must be fucked up.

Why does t have to be the hair on your head that you lose? Why can't it be just your leg hair or pubic hair?

pure fucking evil tbqh
>>
>>29983395
10 grand roughly.

I am prepared to plug um in as soon as my hair falls out.
>>
My dad is almost 60 with a head full of hair and my grandfather from my mother's side is in his mid 80s with barely any visible hair loss and I'm balding at 24.

Somebody please end my suffering.
>>
I started balding at 21. I shave my head now. A shaved head looks better then patchy balding hair.
>>
>>29983352
No need just get on min+fin. You'll lose your dick but it's a small price to pay
>>
I lost my hair at 23. As soon as it started going i shaved it off.

I became more confident and got shit loads of Fanny.

Plus I can wash, dry and style my hair in about 30 seconds with a sink and a flannel

Jel hair fags?
>>
>>29983569
My dad is 63 with full set. Im 29 with no receding at all but im still scared ill go bald, then I will REALLY be a virgin for good. My dads younger brother is bald, I think my dads the only one out of 4 brothers to have full set. Even my grandfather was bald like around this 30s ftom an old picture I saw
>>
balding legit scares me.
>>
i'm a female with thinning hair. hair has been falling out from stress for years.
>>
Every man in my family is bald or balding from early age, so it started slowly for me at 18. 25 now and there's a noticable bald spot on the back. I cut my hair shorter and shorter to make sure I don't look like a hobo.

It's suffering. I always wanted longer hair. Hated getting my hair cut as a kid. Now I have no choice to cut it shorter and eventually shave it off.

I won't bother with finasteride as it's only pushing your problem forward. Transplants cost a boatload and I'd rather use that towards a car. Best to just deal with it.
>>
23: thick as it's ever been, long and of high quality. Women occasionally ask me what I do to get it to look so nice but I have no idea why it's so healthy.

Both my grandfathers have more hair than the OP, and they're over 70 so I'd say I'm more or less set.
>>
my moms side had no balding but my dad went bald at twenty so im hoping i got my dads side so i have a reason to kill myself
>>
>>29984599
But hair loss in women isn't permanent, it'll grow back, with men we lose it for good
>>
>>29985281
They also get treatment for free in many countries with free healthcare while men don't
>>
Might as well ask here

My hair started falling out rapidly I mean within 2-5 days rapid. Where I can get clumps of hair in my hands and in the bath. My hair didn't recede but it's fucking thin as shit now. I can easily see my scalp under direct light and certain angles. The gaps between hairs is wider but I don't have obvious bald patches. Before this I had really ridiculously thick hair to the point I can't comb it anywhere without sticking straight out. I probably lost at least 30-40% of volume.

Is this natural balding or something else? Can it happen that fast? Advice would be great
>>
>>29985281
it seems to be permanent for me. i am starting to develop bald spots near my forehead.

>>29985345
i live in the USA so no
>>
>>29983352
The hairline has never receded nor has the crown became a baldspot but since I was 15 (now I'm 20) my hair has been thin.

It's a weird condition running in my family apparently, my father has basically never reced his hairline even tho he's 62 but his hair is thin as fuck, I'm now on PRP treatment hoping it'll get thicker.
>>
>>29985349
it's not, you can probably fix it
>>
>>29985345
Fuckin roastie cunts
I'm not a second class citizen just because of my gender.
Reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29985358
Hi, I'm
>>29985360
My sister had it too, she lost them diffusely due to stress (she's 32 now), now she's on PRP treatment like me even though my condition is better, my brother also has a very light for of this weird condition.

I think it's called diffuse thinning or FEMALE pattern baldness, for some reason the males in my family, including me, get it too despite not being female, and we don't get male pattern baldness.

I mean, this one is less noticeable than male pattern baldness but I can't do anything cool with my hair since it's too thin.
>>
Have any of you tried green tea, usually gets rid of most antioxidants in the body and reduces aging so I don't know if it could improve/prevent balding
>>
>months of malnourishment
>hair falling out apparently due to that and stress (posted a picture and got told it's not balding patterns)
>start eating better, but stress is still there
>hair still not growing back properly
>thinning, can see my scalp

It's peculiar. I am not excited too much about life and couldn't care less about things, but the hair loss is on the fringe. IThe despair of it falling out sits right on the edge; concerning enough to cause more stress; not brutal enough to warrant actions against it.

There's also the old diabolic loop:
>hair falling out due to stress, stressing out due to hair falling out
>>
No signs of balding at 26, hairline is still pretty close to what I had when I was a kid.

Dad did lose hair but not until fairly late, and he's like 64 now and still has enough hair to grow it out without it looking like complete shit.

None of the men on my moms side seem to have any hair loss.
>>
File: 1432182746969.png (31 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1432182746969.png
31 KB, 633x758
I can't tell if I'm balding. My father just had a natural widow's peak and I hardly shower or comb/brush my hair so maybe it's all coincidence? Once I shower it'll look better yeah.
>>
receding temples at 23. started maybe a year or half a year ago. no thinning. i'm just hoping that the receding will slow down a bit and that i'll have some years before having to shave it all off.
>>
>be 24
>start balding
>go finasteride
>have great hair at 27
>>
>>29986796
Did any hair come back to the places that went bald or did it just stop the balding process?
>>
>>29987613
stopped the balding process and perhaps thickened it up a little bit, but nothing major. i had one thin temple and it is still thin, but styling it right makes it look great
>>
>hair starts thinning at 22
>much more visible over the crown now (24), with some diffuse thinning and only mild hairline recession
>finally go to dermatologist to see if it's MPB
>"You have mild MPB, but it's mostly telogen effluvium and psoriasis, which is severely exacerbating it"
>told to take biotin and Rogaine for a year, and expect to see regrowth start after 6 months, provided I adjust my lifestyle habits (was eating fast food and drinking every day before that), and then I won't have to worry about my hair falling out again, provided I still to my lifestyle changes.

That was 5 months ago, and I'm still terrified that it won't do anything. It seems like the ride side of my hairline is getting a bit thicker, but everywhere else is just as thin as it's been since half a year ago. On the other hand, the shedding whenever I comb my hair has stopped.
>>
>>29988127
You need fin to stop it progressing if it's MPB. Lifestyle changes aren't going to make a difference
>>
>>29988127
Did you notice psoriasis?
I had receding temples and hairline so I started fin but I also have diffuse thinning which doesn't seem to follow mpb pattern.
>>
>>29983352
My hair is basically the same as what's in the picture you posted, OP.

It sucks but I don't leave the house much anyways.
>>
im balding so i just shaved it all off with a razor a few months ago. Feelin the skin on my head feels gud man
Most girls i talked to before shaving it off said that they liked guys with shaved heads
>>
File: WP_20160610_011[1].jpg (315 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160610_011[1].jpg
315 KB, 720x1280
Me at 24.

I barely leave the house so it's whatever to me, but to others:

Whatever bullshit advice people give you, your option is finasteride.

Even when you get hairplugs, they'll still put you on fin.

So whenever people try to get you on some bullshit plan to retain/grow your hair, discard it if it doesn't include fin.

I got side and I like my dick too much so I let my hair fall out, but I do regret it because being bald is worse than being a manlet or fat.
>>
File: 1467925368552.jpg (92 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1467925368552.jpg
92 KB, 1000x800
>literally no bald men in my family
>>
Started noticeably receding around 22, I'm almost 25 and it hasn't gotten much worse but my hair does feel a lot thinner...I figured if it ever got so bad id shave it all off and rock the half shaved/half bald look
>>
File: 2skeltal.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
2skeltal.gif
486 KB, 475x347
>>29983352

Been receding and thinning out on top slowly but surely since about 23 (30 now). I've mostly accepted it.

My dad tells me I have way more hair at my age than he had at my age, so there's that. I figure I have another decade or so before I look like him (horseshoe pattern)
>>
File: laughingwhores.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>29988880
>rock the half shaved/half bald look
>>
>>29988198

I didn't realize what it was, but when I started feeling how much less dense the hair on my crown was whenever I combed it, I decided to take a picture, and my scalp was *extremely* red. Taking pictures of my hairline, and parting other parts of my hair and taking pictures yielded the same. When I went to the dermatologist, they said that there were scaly patches all over my scalp.

>>29988180
My understanding of it is that while I do have MPB, it wouldn't be nearly this severe if it weren't for those other things. My maternal grandfather is the only other person in my family with hair loss, and he experienced significant temple and moderate hairline recession in his early 20s, only for it to stop and not progress any more by the time he died (in his late 40s). I can accept a receded hairline. I actually kinda like that it's receded a bit because it allows me to style it in a way I've always wanted. It's the crown and diffuse thinning that's ruining my self-esteem.
>>
>>29988941
Do you have pic showing how red it was?
>>
File: fweewwec.jpg (63 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
fweewwec.jpg
63 KB, 540x960
>>29988958

Took some digging, but I did find one. It doesn't look quite as bad as it was because holding my camera over my head cast a shadow; checking the hairline, it looked a lot more red (which I don't have pictures of.

Also, one thing that makes me hopeful is that while my hair is still a decent bit thinner than it was 2 years ago, it doesn't look this nearly this bad when I comb it to the side anymore. Like I said, I don't think I've experienced regrowth, but I think the hair I do have has gotten thicker and stronger, making it look better.
>>
>>29983352
>dad is bald
>grandfather on dad's side was bald
>grandfather on mom's side is balding
>start of this year, notice my bangs were thinning (long hair). Nothing too bad, pushing my bangs to one side hides the thinning well
>ignore it, as I wear a beanie during the cold months
>right around April, too warm for a beanie
>cousin and I planned a lunch, so I get in the shower and do my business
>let my hair dry, avoid the mirror like the plague
>right when I'm about to leave, pick up my comb and walk to my mirror
>extremely noticeable hair thinning, no amount of combing over will save me
>have a full blown panic attack and cancel on my cousin last minute
>next day, go to a hair salon and get a 2 on the sides and a 5 on the top
>3 months later, hair looks fine
>gotten 4 haircuts since, no signs of balding or thinning

I'm pretty sure I overreacted. Now I can't hide my ugly face behind my hair, so that fucking blows.
>>
>>29983569
bad news anon: your fatherside's grandfather is not really your grandfather
>>
>>29985358
shave ur head an wear a wig, or dont wear a wig an go full hipster chick mode
>>
>>29985349
go to the doc mayne, its not natural MPB
>>
>>29983774
>I think my dads the only one out of 4 brothers to have full set.
bad news anon: your fatherside's grandfather is not really your grandfather (that comment was actually for you)
>>
File: 1461896660991.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461896660991.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>29988335
damn bro.. just shave that shit... today
>>
>>29983352

My hairline receded a bit when I was 18, but hasn't receded anymore since. I'm 28 now.

Kind of makes my hair sit a little weird if it's too long in the front, but it looks fine short.
>>
>>29989254
iktf.. miss my bangs lol
>>
I started balding at 19.
>>
I shaved my head after I realized I was too poor to do much about it and after my hairline started to recede and getting a bald spot. I've now been told multiple times now that I look scary.
One woman even told me "I hope you don't become a skinhead."
I just don't fucking get people
>>
I invested in one of those schwab mutual funds and have it set to throw in $100/month from my checking account.

Hopefully by the time I'm 40 I have enough to liquidate this account for 10g's and pay for the plugs. Kind of how girls save up for fake tits. It should be easy. I've got a ton of back hair they could use.

Or if my hair looks OK still I can use it as a college fund for my kids or something. I think people stop caring about their hair around 40, but it didn't stop Steve Carell.
>>
>>29983352
Im not even 21 yet and for the past few months my hair has been falling out insanely. Im talking 100 of strains of hair a day. It already shows where my bald spot will be and im fucking scared. Someone please help me for the love of god i cant be fucking 21 and bald and i cant shave bald because i got a big ass scar on my head and i will look completly retarded if bald.
There must be a way to stop this guys please
PLEASE
>>
File: 14tld2c.jpg (240 KB, 1600x1431) Image search: [Google]
14tld2c.jpg
240 KB, 1600x1431
You can't get hair transplants if you are a diffuse thinner. Our only option is suicide boys. Pic is not me btw.
>>
>>29990063
Happened to my brother. He just does what I do since we have wavy hair. A combover from the back and sideways across the top combined with the curls makes it look more full.

Bald spot hair can be restored with rogain though. It's a daily thing, for the rest of your life. Like brushing teeth you'll have to put rogain in every day. Or at least every day until you're married ;)
>>
I hate balding. The worst part is the comparisons. You just look at every guy and try to determine who has thicker hair and how bad their bald spots are.

Then you start noticing how on TV and movies, men rarely show the backs of their heads if they've got a big spot.
>>
>>29990151
the actors all have wigs and hair transplant
>>
I'm just waiting for 35 which is when my dad started losing his hair. So far though at 25 my hairs pretty thick
>>
>tfw hair so thick that any hair stylist I see swoons over it

Sorry hairlets. I'll live on in your honour.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 480x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 480x536
>>29990109
Heres my hair now. And every day new hair falls out. Give me some pills or some shit ill take anything to stop this.

Dont mind the stupid shirt
>>
>>29990338
The pills take like 6 months to even start working. You really shouldn't have waited this long. Start taking as soon as possible if you are actually serious.
>>
>this thread

Why would you take hormone wrecking drugs that take a year to work, that will never even give you a full head of hair.

I did 2 minutes of googling, and you can get a 4000 follicle hair transplant (enough to fill in the whole top of your head) for 1400 pounds. This includes 3 nights in a 4 star hotel in Hungary, meals included, transport and aftercare.

>fix hairline guaranteed for a few years till a cure comes out
>holiday in Hungary

or

>drugs that don't work and shrink ur dick

??
>>
>>29990432
desu thats not far off what a holiday would cost anyway.
>>
>>29990432
You are really stupid. If you get hair transplants you are doing nothing to remedy the underlying problem. You are still balding. Genetically. That is what the pills are for. To stop you from losing more hair. This is why almost no hair transplant doctor will transplant you if you're not on finasteride.
>>
>>29990485

With FUE they transplant whole follicles from none DHT sensitive parts of your head (sides and back), these follicles retain their low DHT sensitivity when transplaned and do not fall out.

>almost no hair transplant doctor will transplant you if you're not on finasteride.

No, you're wrong.

In the USA they tend to prescribe finasteride often, and finasteride is good to stop further hairloss (e.g behind the transplant) so it doesn't look garbage, but finasteride is completely uneccessary for maintaining transplanted hair unless the place it was transplanted from was about to go naturally bald anyway. Which is unlikely (transplanted from side of the head or back of the head usually).
>>
File: 1467951209604.png (177 KB, 664x520) Image search: [Google]
1467951209604.png
177 KB, 664x520
>mfw balding
>mfw everyone ITT seems to be in some sort of hysteria

Lol, what the hell you niggers, why do you care so much, it's just hair - shave it. I mean, I would understand if you were models or just really good looking, but this is /r9k/ so you're definitely neither.
>>
>>29990865
It's just one more thing to cross off the list for me. I'm not handsome, I'm not tall, but at least I had hair so I had one good thing going for me. Now I don't even have that.
>>
>>29986751
go take a shower, anon. let it be a good feel, you sound tense. i bet your hair will look fine anyways.
>>
>>29990889
>I'm not handsome, I'm not tall

So your hair literally did not matter in the first place. Why the butthurt.
>>
>>29990933
I already explained why. You're just crossing one more thing off the list of potential reasons someone might like you.
>>
>>29990933
pipe down retard. does your brain not work in matters of degrees, or something? someone with a full head of hair essentially always looks better than someone who's bald/balding - they don't have to have model looks in order for hair to benefit them
>>
I started balding when I was around 24, the V-shape kind of balding. Nothing changed for me aside from realizing how many men are bald. I never noticed that before.
>>
>23 year old asian
>had very dense hair
>got really sick a year ago and hair started thinning all over my head
>can easily see scalp under direct light

i-i thought it was suppose to stop at some point guys
>>
>>29983352
23, frontal hair receded and thinned. Can clearly see my scalp.

The only person who makes comments on my hair is my grandma, whom goes on about how she's never seen someone so young lose so much hair.
>>
>>29990865
Absolute bald only works on non-skeltals.
>>
File: 1437375209001.png (224 KB, 452x786) Image search: [Google]
1437375209001.png
224 KB, 452x786
>Tfw 22 and perfect hair
>Tfw grandad and father had full heads of hair in old age
>Tfw god tier hair that is thick and curls slightly, really suits the messy look
>>
who do I go to to get on fin? I'm in the US

any hoops or loopholes you need to ask for?
>>
>>29990338
Finasteride is the only known drug for this that has worked for a lot of people. Read up some studies and get it prescribed ASAP. You should also get rogaine because you're already in JUST mode.

Don't expect any results within the first 6 months though.
>>
Stop fapping you retards, it creates DHT a bad form of testosterone, which will kill of your hair slowly but steady.

I stopped fapping for one whole month and my hair was growing back a little.

If you are beyond saving like in op's pic you are lost tho, they all died off.

You have a chance if the folicles still are alive, but small and weak.

Stop fapping you degenerate faglords, my grandfather is 87 and has almost full hair, guess why? He had a wive he fucked once a week or so, rest of the time was dedicated to his job, there was no porn, just job.

He probably didn't even fuck her once a week, maybe every two weeks.

Just look at you degenerates, you have fallen for the porn and fapping jew badly, normal humans back then didn't even have time for fapping, get a hobby or strenghten your will.
>>
>>29994361
You are so stupid it's hard to believe.
>>
Get toppix microfibers you faggots. My head looks exactly like OP's pic but sprinkle a little on and it looks like I have full hair again.

Don't believe me? I can post pics.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is this thinning or just my part/cowlick?
>>
>>29995020
stop fapping now or you will be bald in 10 years
>>
File: 20160716_165145.jpg (726 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160716_165145.jpg
726 KB, 1920x1080
Sucks shit man.
>>
Started losing hair senior year of HS. Freaked out, went through 2 years of anxiety and depression, wearing a hat everywhere I went, avoiding friends because I didn't want them to see it, took the poison known as propecia (the generic form) and went through several months of ED at 20 yo, then basically longing for death every second of every day.

That was when I knew I had to let it go. Stopped taking that toxic shit, started shaving my head every Sunday, and made sure to get rid of all my hats. I might be a lot uglier than if I had hair, but I don't so there's no point worrying about it. My friends still like me, girls still at least associate with me, even if I don't look so pretty, and I can still jack off even when tfw no gf.

I know you robots reading this won't immediately incorporate my advice into your own lives and I truly believe you'll need to suffer for awhile before you reach the same conclusion but at the very least, I implore all of you to never, EVER take drugs for it. Losing your penis is infinitely worse than losing your hair.
>>
>>29995446
I've been on propecia over 5 months and zero side effects. Everyone that I've talked to that takes it has had zero side effects. Stop fearmongering you evil bastard.
>>
File: 2016-07-17 01.13.18.jpg (274 KB, 657x752) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-17 01.13.18.jpg
274 KB, 657x752
Past redemption fAm
>>
>Around 16
>Already starting to get widows peaks
>Ignore it, not like I'm going to be handsome anyway
>Getting into my 20s
>Bald spot starts forming, its toward the back so I rarely notice it
>25, Catch sight of my bald spot by chance in a mirror
>Jesus christ its awful, depressed about it for a few days
>Always had curly hair, always annoyed me anyway
>Decide to get a nice buzz cut
>Down to a number 2, looks okay, almost no maintenance
>At least I have nice facial hair
>>
File: crazy fuck.jpg (60 KB, 576x574) Image search: [Google]
crazy fuck.jpg
60 KB, 576x574
>>29983352
just fine cheers
>>
File: 2016-07-16_05-20-52.jpg (38 KB, 242x209) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-16_05-20-52.jpg
38 KB, 242x209
>>29983352
I can hardly pull a comb through this dark thick wavy hair

But I can't grow facial hair :(
>>
>>29995653
God damn same, senpai :(
>>
>>29983352
receding hairline, white hairs since 25, whole body hairy as fuck. I am a walking aging yeti.
>>
File: 256519_5_.jpg (22 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
256519_5_.jpg
22 KB, 550x412
>>29995713
Babyfacelife
>>
File: mourinho 3.gif (2 MB, 302x339) Image search: [Google]
mourinho 3.gif
2 MB, 302x339
>>29990108
my hair looks like this after I shower but it looks pretty normal when its dry desu
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.