[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else know that feel when you realize the only way to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bb56655.jpg (6 KB, 166x200) Image search: [Google]
bb56655.jpg
6 KB, 166x200
Anyone else know that feel when you realize the only way to get better at a certain task is to be more intelligent?
>>
File: 1468613983861.jpg (154 KB, 1000x1294) Image search: [Google]
1468613983861.jpg
154 KB, 1000x1294
Have a chart.
>>
>>29983361
Memes can't change the reality that intelligence is fixed some people have brains that make them less mentally capable than others while some have brains that make them more mentally capable than others, the info graph you posted is stupid.
>>
>>29983361
Wow, that's a pretty cool application of the placebo effect. Believing you can improve makes you improve. Believing you're static makes you static.

Hi. I would've liked this but sauce sauce sauce sauce. I can't find this shit on google easily. I cannot believe this shit without the proper reasoning.

No, it's not self explanatory. I refuse to believe this until proven otherwise.

I'm not saying it's wrong. Give me a source, maybe a paper or a link, For each statement can be said by anyone.

I hate graphs without sources.
>>
>>29983361
But what if my mindset goes left, left, left, right, right?
>>
>>29983590
I agree with you. This graph is generalizable to "just have confidence bro!!! believe you can be smarter!"

Honestly, this sounds just like wishful thinking.

Of course, before going into vigorous arguing, yes confidence is important. But it won't necessarily make one smarter.

for fuck's sake there was a bunch of guys and a nigger who had "proofs" of the Riemann hypothesis (weird stuff about roots and inverse powers) Oh, and they weren't educated. They knew their mistakes, but they won't know how to solve it still.

I'm sorry for making a strawman, if I did so, but I CANNOT understand the point of this graph.

Of course mistakes matter. How do you get employed with a blemish in your records? Fail your midterms and you're fucked forever. Frankly, it's not you who's being stupid, other people are making you stupid.

How can one have growth when everyone fucking acts like the end of the world when there's a mistake? This change of paradigm would require a total reboot of society.

What I'm saying is, it sounds good in theory, but in practice, people will just say you're being a smart ass.

Hasn't anyone heard of the dunning-kruger effect? THE MORE CONFIDENT YOU ARE THE MORE LIKELY YOU OVERESTIMATE YOUR TALENT.
>>
Thoughts are a product of the physical structure of your brain, a retard can't counteract disadvantage of having a damaged brain by adopting a positive mindset.
>>
>>29983590
>intelligence is fixed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_factor_(psychometrics)
If your IQ is low, you probably (because it's not necessarily meaningful for *everyone*) have to work harder and it sucks. But you can still develop your intellect, and become better and better at learning new things and solving problems.
Here's the thing, IQ tests are designed to IGNORE that. They explicitly target what is fixed. After adulthood your IQ isn't supposed to change much. High IQ people generally do learn faster and can solve more complex problem (which is why they try to measure it), it's hard to compete against that. But you can very probably eventually develop the same skills, it's just harder. And there are other things in your head that will develop and grow while you struggle.
>>29983594
I don't know man.. I just saw it here. I don't disagree with the general idea. It's common sense. There are geniuses with a lazyness and lack of intellectual humility to them. It can make them almost useless for anything too complicated except for what they naturally excel at. That's on top of other personality issues. Often they just CANNOT work with people less intelligent than they are (while those who struggled can).
>>
>>29983361
Hey its another retarded chart that basically amounts to a visual platitude.
>>
OMG do we need an r9k for the intellectually insecure where we just bash each others all day to experience collective self-loathing about our smarts?
>>
>>29983748
A neurologist, a psychiatrist and a psychologist walk into the bar.
The bartender says "what you in for?"
The neurologist says "I am seeking to give my brain dopamine via social interaction."
The psychiatrist says "substance abuse disorder. I know that I can treat it tomorrow, might as well finish it today."
The psychologist says "what? I just want to fucking drink. What's wrong with you people? I have mild depression."
The bartender read some freud and chimed in.
"Oi, did mummy not give you enough to attention?"
They argued with the bartender because psychoanalysis is a pseudoscience.
Later, a philoshy professor walks by.
"Pfft. Arguing over physical matter, and abstract empirical concepts. Scientists these days..."
>>
>>29983317
It's the other way for me. I feel like you have to spend way too much time just to get good at something. It takes like 10k hours to master something. Natural talent is also important, but in no way essential. Makes me regret not getting into something major when I was a kid, cause I could be mastering it at peak of life.
>>
>>29983867
Do intellectual inferiority threads really occur frequently enough for you to be bothered by them? I think the problem is deeper anon...
>>
>>29984062
Mostly worried about us developing new insecurities desu.
>>
>>29983594
This is the source for it
>http://www.worldcat.org/title/mindset-the-new-psychology-of-success/oclc/58546262&referer=brief_results

Don't have a pdf sadly, but I'm sure there's one out there if you want to look.
>>
>>29984267
>-psychology

I knew it couldn't be serious.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.