[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else no identity or personality here? I'm only 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 600x763
Anyone else no identity or personality here? I'm only 17 but I'm pretty sure at this point I'm not going to figure it out. Meanwhile I'm trying to learn social skills and how to talk to other people and I have no idea how I'm supposed to act because I don't even know who I am. Feels bad man.
>>
You're not even an adult OP, don't worry about not knowing who you are yet. You have a whole life time to figure that out, as terrible as that is.
>>
File: 1452629975087.jpg (481 KB, 1619x1725) Image search: [Google]
1452629975087.jpg
481 KB, 1619x1725
>>29979503
Don't worry about it

everyone is empty inside
also underage B&
>>
>>29979582
I guess but I wish I had something to identify with; just so I know how to act around others
>>
File: Smug Pepe Drugs.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Smug Pepe Drugs.png
67 KB, 230x230
>>29979503
I recently had a revelation about normalfags and their personalities. There's a reason why doing things that suck is called "building character." Normalfags literally build themselves up like characters in a story; they characterize themselves to such a great extent that even they believe in the persona they invented. It's why they're so prone to full on mental breakdowns, while robots just stew in dysthymia indefinitely. It's why they're so fake and act different around people than how they act in their own homes. It's why they're able to pretend to enjoy things, when they actually just enjoy doing it in front of other people so they can see how much they enjoy it. In childhood, they build this character up for others' sake. In adulthood, they do it for their own, because they have nothing else to identify themselves by.
>>
>I'm 17

Enjoy your b&
>>
File: 1453924443607.png (205 KB, 825x900) Image search: [Google]
1453924443607.png
205 KB, 825x900
>>29979604
I spent many years looking for that

It's generally fruitless, however, social structures reinforce identity, so integrating into society to a great degree will most likely give you something you can consistently "identify" with.

What that is doesn't particularly matter, It's all equally meaningless. But from a psychological perspective it is "healthy" to have something to "identify" with

In order to create your "identity", arbitrarily select a subculture and copy everything they do, you'll forget you're faking it after a little while
>>
Protip: develop an identity around your interests
>>
You do have an identity and personality, you just apparently can't see what it is.
>>
>>29979730
fucking this, most robots lost their egos determined by society, we are the transcended, we will be the first the aliens will take.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.