[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks don't matter at all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: 1460214782161.png (224 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
1460214782161.png
224 KB, 500x330
>he doesn't understand the nature of reality and fell for the looks meme

Your looks only go as far as how miserable other people's lives are. The more judgemental (egotistical) a person is, the bigger their ego and thus the more essence of emotional polarity they've subconsciously removed from their lives in place of ideas of what arouses their emotions. Emotional polarity is your immediate understanding of the nature of reality which changes throughout your life. It's the difference between being able to discern the meaning between one extreme (black) and another (white). The more sucked into the idea that the external world is responsible for your level of happiness, the more miserable you'll be and the higher your demands will become.

Thus, a person with a lesser ego is able to enjoy a wider variety of aspects of life. A 1/10 looks male can emotionally excite a 10/10 woman enough to fuck her if she's not built up an ego to close off the idea that literally anything can bring her happiness.

As girls increasingly hone in on the most specific thing they think will make them happy (i.e. the most popular ideals of what makes 'a man') from the brainwashing of the media, so do their ego's and thus expectations of what will make them happy.

This means most modern girls get subconsciously conditioned to believe a man with "inferior" genetics won't make them happy. However, they don't realise that this isn't true. Whenever a man makes her laugh, in that very moment she is fully wide open to any suggestion he puts out there that he wants to fuck her, but then comes back to her ego very soon after the high. Thus, the more you make a girl laugh, the more she views you as the source of happiness she believes she can find in the external world. Problem is, most "funny" guys are too insecure to simultaneously hit on girls because their humour is a means of escaping their own shitty ego.

cont.
>>
If you're the source of positively stimulating a girl's emotions, she will accept anything non-violent you do to her in that moment, no matter what you look like. Making someone laugh is the result of showing them something they thought in that very moment was impossible - that the situation they're in right now can't make them feel greater happiness.

This is the meaning of "make her laugh and you can make her do anything". Just don't be manipulative; actually realise that just like you she's a human being that suffers, loves, hates, laughs, etc. Make it not "about her" or "yourself", but about following and focusing on the things and people you love while bypassing your ego, and you will literally, literally begin get everything beyond the limits of your imagination.
>>
>>29974899
>>29974851
I have mostly the same views as you when it comes to the dissolving of one's ego but women have never been receptive to me even though I recognize that they're humans just like me with their own emotions. I've been taken advantage of and discarded by women again and again
>>
>>29975122
>women have never been receptive to me even though I recognize that they're humans just like me with their own emotions
The fact that you're frustrated by that shows that you're doing it for you, because you want to "get" them. Look back to my last sentence. You have to treat them as if they're yourself with different beliefs, because that's exactly what they are.

>I've been taken advantage of and discarded by women again and again
You should learn to enjoy being "taken advantage" of, because selflessness goes beyond the ego. Understand that whenever that angers you it's because you feel misunderstood in your immediate needs. But before those can be met, you need to be entirely willing to selflessly meet theirs. The better you treat them, the more connected they will feel to you because they will start to understand that you really get thier needs unlike anyone else, and thus their ego-driven ideas towards you will start to dissolve.

Be playful for yourself. Doing so shows her that she can be as free as the real you is when you're completely alone. It literally breaks the boundaries of what she thinks is possible, because laughter is the expression of realising something you thought was impossible.
>>
>>29974851
I like this thread, say more things
>>
>>29974851
>don't worry if you are ugly, you can hypnotize insecure women to maybe fuck you despite that until they realize you're a piece of shit and leave you/accuse you of rape/divorce rape you

the thread
>>
>>29974851
That's very interesting OP. "ego", etc, doesn't quite make sense to me though. Maybe I should read more about it.

When robots hear "girls just want to have fun" (not implying it's what you said) they get discouraged. They think of what they lack to compete. Social skills, social status, looks, money, experience with women (because they are almost impossible to understand and they are evil), yuge dick, etc. But it's a bad way of looking at it.

Another thing I've heard it is that women are actually dead simple. They just want to get through life. They want it to be good. If you can truly help them with it, they might want to spend more of it with you, if you can convince them of it. Your post felt like an elaboration of that to me. I'll reread it.

But these days, women party really hard and separate their friends from their boyfriends and fuckbuddies. Robots are still in a tough spot even if they try to grow their personalities like that.
>>
File: STOP.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>>29974851
>looks don't matter
>here's a post where I detail exactly how they matter and end with a spurious conclusion.

A 10/10 modern girl will NEVER fuck a 1/10 man if the only thing he has going for him is that he makes her laugh.
She knows from past experiences that she can get guys who provide something other than hot alpha sex to orbit her while she happily fucks Chads.
>>
>>29975431
Not OP...
>women are actually dead simple
arguably
>If you can truly help them with it
But that is super complicated though. Because life is complicated and women are very emotional, and influenced by society and the media, etc.
>>
>>29975427
>he still sees it as something for himself when it's a selfless task for others that will start to free you from the limitations of your mind

>>29975431
As I explained in my OP, the competition isn't all this stuff everyone looks up to. The competition is the subconscious barriers of your mind, that can only be dissolved by acting selflessly. Trying to "remove barriers" by "becoming more attractive to others" just adds more barriers. This is the secret of life that buddhist monks spend their entire lives meditating to discover. This links to the question of "who is it that thinks my thoughts?"

Most of your life is an extremely elaborate illusion that you've bought into. You need to stop focusing on what's bad in people, and instead nurturing the good back into them by selflessly attending to their needs.

As you do this, you'll begin to realise that everything you've learned to believe since you left childhood is an illusion that works entirely against freeing you and allowing you to literally live in happiness.
>>
>>29975427
Not really

It seems like it really comes down to the women (and people in general) don't know what they want meme, and that defensive behavior (judgment and preconception) has the potential to lock someone away from whatever it is that they do want. You have to actively show them that you violate their preconceptions, and that you do so in a way that makes them feel good (which, really, is the measuring stick people use to determine whether or not you're a "piece of shit", so if you do that, you're actually not a piece of shit at all).

It all seems to rest on the assumption that the same things make everyone feel good, which seems to be true enough, and that things like financial status and physique don't directly make women feel good, but are instead associated with some other nebulous, nonexistent idea, that does.

OP's post fails to hold water if women actually do derive happiness directly from the physique of their partner, and I think he's asserting that they don't.
>>
>>29975620
I'd take your advice if I was even mentally equipped to delay gratification for later reward. Can't change being stupid.
>>
>bypass your ego
But how?
>>
>>29975525
>>29975545

You all fail to realise that both men and women are driven entirely by emotions in 100% of decisions they make. The natural logic way of self-ish thinking that men hold as superior to women is an illusion of the ego. See the word: thinking. You think your logical ways help you get what you want, but your "logical mind" is simply thoughts that arise out of the belief that following the urge of satisfaction that logic gives you will lead to a better life, when it does the complete opposite.

Your idea of happiness is just that: an idea. It is the idea that decreasing your suffering right now will lead to happiness. So you may think if you win the lottery and get to quit your job and do all the things you want you'll be able to finally move away from the suffering once and for all. But think about the lifestyle you had right now. A child in poverty would do nearly anything to get the lifestyle you have. Similarly, you will do nearly anything to have the lifestyle a rich man has. And yet, for all three of you, after a while of the same experiences of your lives, you all end up dissatisfied. Even the one you perceive as being at the top is dissatisfied and sometimes even suicidal, because now he has nothing more to aspire towards happiness other than perhaps the idea of abusing drugs which will eventually make things even worse. This idea is entirely unsustainable, relying on the hope of an illusory idea of happiness, ultimately leading to more and more suffering as you begin losing polarity.

Cont
>>
>>29975716
I said already. Get interested in others needs and selflessly attend to them. Everything will change beyond your wildest dreams.

>>29975748
The more polarity lost, the more purpose lost, and thus the greater your chance of suicide. Suicide is seldom self-ish then, because in a seriously suicidal state one is so far from knowing the "self" (love through polarity) that terminating the illusory idea that the self is just suffering is a logical thing to do. Suicide is the result of loss of meaning and the inability to reconnect with it. This is why suicide is most common in those who's emotions have become so numb that they no longer even see the reason to cry because they've forgotten that it returns purpose to life.
>>
>>29974851
Wow OP how many dicks did you have to suck to turn into such a humongous faggot
>>
>>29975693
I do believe OP is right to some extent, but for most people it is probably really, really hard to make them care less about superficial things and the way they get validation, etc, and there are limits to that.

Also, enlightenment and true selflessness surely is great, but if robots dedicated their lives to that without ever getting laid, it would still be a bit sad too. Especially since it's so easy for other people.

In general I don't think it's bad for robots to understand the petty, crass inner workings of social relations and at least avoid the worst pitfalls. Because it just gives them more to overcome after. We talk about these a lot here, but we also make ourselves pretty depressed while doing it...
>>
>>29975748
You didn't respond to my post in the slightest. You seem to be going off on some 'materialism will never bring you true happiness' and 'attending selflessly to your peers will bring meaning and happiness to everyone' rant and I'd mostly agree with that.
Realistically, looks matter. Not all humans are capable of 'transcending' or whatever the fuck you're advocating for.
That 10/10 girl is going to want to fuck hot guys and that 1/10 guy is going to be sad about never fulfilling his biological imperative.
>>
>>29975838
Also, your personality still needs to be interesting, somewhat mysterious, have some danger to you, and what have you etc. Selfless isn't necessarily interesting. Women experience random selfless-ish acts of kindness everyday. Superficial acts, but still. It's no big deal to them by itself.
>>
>>29975901
>That 10/10 girl is going to want to fuck hot guys and that 1/10 guy is going to be sad about never fulfilling his biological imperative.
Not OP, but do you have to go to such extremes? I don't want a high/10. I just want a nice girl. I don't give a fuck about Stacys, they're cunts. No, 1/10 with 10/10 will not happen, but that's an absurd case.
>>
Bumping this good thread
Origionellio
>>
>>29975901
>>29975997
Better to try your luck with EVERY girl that meets your standards and higher. stop arbitrarily dividing girls into numbers and deciding which numbers are too high for you. Thats retarded.

Just go for everything that you think is good enough and eventually you get something thats good enough.

Or you could settle for the 100% chance of failure that is not even trying
>>
File: 1467775251138.jpg (8 KB, 207x253) Image search: [Google]
1467775251138.jpg
8 KB, 207x253
>>29974851
>looks don't matter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

you lost me right there, bud.

people don't succeed or fail because they were good or evil. that's the just-world fallacy, for you.

no, you can't "jus do it ;^))". Fuck off.
>>
>>29975838
>In general I don't think it's bad for robots to understand the petty, crass inner workings of social relations and at least avoid the worst pitfalls
This is where I disagree with OP as well. Preconceptions founded upon near-certainties are very useful, things like assuming a car will work like other cars you've driven, or that if you tip over a cup of water it will spill.

If you abandon your predictive abilities when you're not ready for the hellish onslaught that might ensue, you're setting yourself up for misery, and, in extreme cases, chaos and confusion. Imagine not being able to preconceive how the forces around you work, yet being subjected to them all the same. It can be risky. However, /r9k/ preconceptions can be damaging because of how complex humans are and because so many people intentionally implant specific preconceptions in others so that they are based on an ideology, or a blatant lie, rather than representative of a truth.

Basically, I think preconceptions are only "wrong" when they're, well, wrong, and the problem isn't the tool, but how we're using it.

Which is where I think this abandonment of the ego thing comes in, you don't care about being subjected to chaos, confusion and misery because you don't exist as a singular unit at all- you think more about the greater whole or what the interactions themselves signify rather than how they affect you specifically. I guess.
>>
>>29974851
>A 1/10 looks male can emotionally excite a 10/10 woman enough to fuck her if she's not built up an ego to close off the idea that literally anything can bring her happiness.

Theoretically true. And given the chance, a monkey can write a whole Shakespearean novel.
>>
>>29975997
>i can't into reading comprehension
I went to such extremes because those were the numbers OP used in his post. Read it again.
>>
>>29975838
>but for most people it is probably really, really hard to make them care less about superficial things and the way they get validation, etc, and there are limits to that.

All you really have to do to dismantle other people is provide contradictions to their belief systems, which in this case would be the idea that "only hot guys can make me happy".

Getting your foot in the door is difficult, though, because you've probably already been firewalled out so you don't have the chance.

And all of this is assuming that you even know what a person's belief system is and that whatever you're doing is what they really want/what makes them feel good, which, if you're not preconceiving yourself, you never can, aside from the basic lowest common denominator things like "making her laugh". Although being attentive to her needs can help you determine what it is she wants and that might make it easier.
>>
>>29975620
>give give give

No, fuck that. I've been giving my whole life when no one has given shit to me.
I rather be bitter, jaded and alone then an emotional cuck.
>>
>>29976054
Hrm yeah I guess.

I don't do the ranking thing in my head (I don't think I can actually). I don't like it. But I can tell when a girl a way hot and probably difficult to deal with. I know some of them are nice though.

I understand where this ranking obsession comes from though. It's because it happens whether you want it to or not. The rankings are objective because they're based on how other people in general perceive someone (it's not even according to YOU). Women in particular are VERY aware of it. You being aware of your own ranking and theirs *could* help. But I can't really make anything out of that information apart from giving up, so who cares.
>>
>>29976176
It was meant as extreme in OP's post though. You chose to focus on it to disprove the whole thing.
>>
>>29975693
>nd that things like financial status and physique don't directly make women feel good

So why the fuck is OP telling US to change, when it's woman who need to realize there faults.

How can you begin to nurture someone or help them when they won't even give you a chance based on those exact preconceived notions.
>>
>>29976302
>No, fuck that. I've been giving my whole life when no one has given shit to me.
That's because you're a pathetic loser.

If you were alpha (rich handsome sociopathic "master"), you'd inspire awe and respect when you give to people, and they would feel obliged to reciprocate lest they feel your wrath upon their sorry asses.

Since you're a literal nobody, they know they can take into perpetuity with zero repercussions.
>>
>>29976352
>So why the fuck is OP telling US to change, when it's woman who need to realize there faults.
The idea is that you need to change so that you can show a girl she's wrong without being malicious (which would actually only serve to reinforce her biases). If she's not going to be a catalyst for that change, and you're not either, then nobody is going to change, and both of you will be unhappy, I guess. So someone has to do it and it might as well be you.

>How can you begin to nurture someone or help them when they won't even give you a chance based on those exact preconceived notions.
Yeah, that's the problem. You can't even begin to prove something when you're denied outright and she pays no attention to you or your habits.
>>
>>29975748
>And yet, for all three of you, after a while of the same experiences of your lives, you all end up dissatisfied

Yeah it's called to hedonic treadmill. The only difference is those with more money have more options to continue, extend or sustain that level of happiness for longer periods of time.
>>
>>29976352
But it does make it harder for them to accept you. You're making it harder on yourself, and them. You'd have to compensate for it more. Which you might be able to. Or you could better yourself instead. Whichever you can I guess. We can't be perfect, but we have to be strong dude...
>>
>>29976396
But that goes against everything OP said.
>>
>>29976426
Although first impressions can help a lot

I think it depends on what kind of stimulus you pair your message (you're wrong about me, or I can love you and make you happy, or whatever) with. If you tell her she's a huge whore for not accepting you and fucking chads who make her unhappy, you're pairing your message with a negative (repulsive) stimulus that she will naturally be inclined to deny. If you're pairing your message with a positive stimulus, like with OP's example, making her laugh, she will simultaneously know she was wrong about you and feel good about it- she will actually become attracted to the idea about being wrong about you instead of repulsed by it.

But all of that comes with having the opportunity to make a first impression in the first place.
>>
>>29976426
so pretty much "just be yourself" until someone accepts you
>>
This is a great thread OP. Gonna read it all when I come back. Even though you're a bit silly. I wish I were enlightened desu...
>>
Good thread OP, reminds me a bit of the books Models by Mark Manson. If you all want to ascend to normie life you can try that book, definitely working for me.
>>
Hmm. You sound like me the two weeks following a psychedelic trip. Then the depression kicks in again and I go back to laying in bed and not giving a shit about anything. I wish I could make that feeling last. Maybe I should take up meditation again.
>>
>>29976279
interesting and thoughtful stuff ITT. keep it up.

>All you really have to do to dismantle other people is provide contradictions to their belief systems
i fully believe this. it's been my personal dating mantra for the past year or so.

by reflecting on past interactions, i realized my demeanor doesn't reflect my inner life. specifically, in conversation. i don't have much depth. so new women may think there's not much depth to me, in general. which is a fair assumption, i think. if your goal is to meet a partner in a reasonable amount of time, you have to be able to decide quickly who's worth it and who's not a great match. so now, when i'm with a new woman, i specifically think "what could i say here to really expand her preconception of my personality? or what could i emote here, to demonstrate a level of emotional intelligence that she maybe didn't know i had? the goal is not to be fake. or to "perform." just to give a larger sampling of my palette as a human being.
>>
I just wanna fuck chicks. But you need looks for that.
>>
>>29976706
>psychedelic trip
Maybe I should do that...
>depression
Yeah it's pretty severe for me too desu.
>meditation
Do these really help? Maybe I should try.

I'm an atheist, but I'm a little bit spiritual. Not new age crap though. There are remnants of christian spirituality I hold on too. I'd be dead inside without it. The west is losing their religion but not replacing it with anything.

There's always been a bit of selflessness to me. Focusing only on you would feel like being a slave to your own self somewhat. Depression makes it hard to find the motivation to do anything about it though. Or even to mediate on it.

Maybe I could read on buddhism. It always made a bit of sense to me, even though SJWs seem to have appropriated it now. But who cares. It existed for way longer than they have. They just found a religion the atheists could tolerate to piss off their parents a little. I can just keep it to myself too.

Stoicism also made sense, but I don't know if it's helping me. It's for the strong. I'm not a pussy, but maybe I'm too down for it.

I don't think I lack goodwill, but I'm powerless. And that's partly because my mind isn't right, not just my circumstances.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 278x181
>>29974851
>Thus, a person with a lesser ego is able to enjoy a wider variety of aspects of life. A 1/10 looks male can emotionally excite a 10/10 woman
>>
>>29977748
This guy isn't even preaching game.

He's fucking preaching literal philosophy bullshit that doesn't work.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.