[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was everyone in the 60s more fit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 720x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 720x472
if i was drafted into the army i couldnt pass the running on the pt test for sure since you have to run 2 miles in 15:54. how did so many men make it through in wwi wwii and vietnam basic, was everyone just real fit to begin with or does the army getbyou into shape?
>>
Basic training is about getting you into shape, plus the world wars were taking literally every non crippled man and vietnam had the draft and forced you to go
>>
>>29974328
Basically this. I seen some fat people go to basic and come back fit for service. They don't expect you to run two miles in under 16 from the start. Though they do make it feel like they do.
>>
Yes back then there were fewer crippled by sitting
>>
Most people don't even qualify to join the military because they're fat or don't have a high school diploma.
>>
>>29974274
during the great depression before the war under nutrition was more common than obesity, manlets were told to go work in the factories and the underweight but tall enough were fed enough to bulk up in bootcamp.
>>
>>29974274
It doesn't seem that hard
>>
>>29974443
Congrats on your healthy legs and lungs
>>
If you are drafted and can't pass, they will continue to make your life hell until you do or they throw you in jail
>>
>>29974274
>how did so many men make it through in wwi wwii and vietnam basic

Not that it did them any good since they were shot down or blown up by IEDs.
>>
File: 9017617.273f4e84.640.jpg (121 KB, 640x608) Image search: [Google]
9017617.273f4e84.640.jpg
121 KB, 640x608
handsome buff German soldiers...chiseled gods
>>
File: tumblr_o2vuasCcKO1v8jc7qo1_540.jpg (66 KB, 540x356) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2vuasCcKO1v8jc7qo1_540.jpg
66 KB, 540x356
your right op
>>
>>29974555

>ied
>world wars

You realize that most weapons in the world wars were produced for war by the nation states involved and were not improvised?
>>
>was everyone in the 60s more fit?

Easily.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.