[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tfw my best friend turned into a DUDE WEED LMAO guy, literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: stoner-boy.jpg (390 KB, 757x412) Image search: [Google]
stoner-boy.jpg
390 KB, 757x412
tfw my best friend turned into a DUDE WEED LMAO guy, literally smokes it 3-5 times a day so he basically stays high all the time.

I drive so he basically calls me and messages me everyday because he wants to hangout and pickup some weed, I realized how he's being a parasite so I stopped hanging out with him and keep saying no and that I'm busy (I actually am because I work fulltime) every time he asks me to hangout.

I've told him a few times its an addiction but he does the same old
>HahaHahHah man no way you can't even get addicted to it!!!

Anyone else know any weedfags? Why are these guys so annoying? The occasional smoker is fine but the everyday weedfags are fucking annoying.
>>
I know this feel. Two of my former best friends turned exactly into this situation.
>>
>>29972678
Well I smoke everyday, but most days I don't really smoke to get high, just a comfy buzz. For me it's usually more of a "I have no reason to not smoke right now" type deal.

But yeah "stoners" are usually the worst type of people. I've never called a friend to drive me so I can pick up because that's kind of rude, and I don't care about 4:20 or anything like that because it's kind of childish. People are gonna do what they're gonna do though.
>>
>>29972678
>I've told him a few times its an addiction
actually when weedfags say it's not chemically addictive, they are technically correct, however this is worse, It means they are will-less faggots who have a purely psychological dependency on the shit that helps keep them losers.
>>
You're still a bad friend though
>>
>>29972832
same, i have no reason to not be high all day but the difference is nobody knows im high (because nobody knows I exist)
>>
Stoners are pretty cool, but they are annoying.
They tend to smell like shit. Probably just the weed.
>>
>>29972832
>>29972941

>"I am not a radical stoner I am only a moderate stoner!"

Gee where have I heard that before?
>>
>>29973016
Probably your dad before he walked out on your family.
>>
>>29972948
It's definitely the weed that makes them smell that way, but most of them are so brainwashed they think it smells good.
>>
>>29972832
>>29972941
HAHA dude weed am i right? im so blazed right now i bet u know that feel aha lol
>>
>>29972678
I know those guys and I've also been that guy, now I stay away from weed altogether
>>
>>29972678
Yeah i know some friends who turned up like that.

I used to smoke weed every day more or less for two years. It was fun for the time but I stopped eventually because it's just a lame way of getting rid of anxiety and leaves you in a constant state where you feel no responsibility for your life.

Got a job and my own place after that. Been trying to tell my friends that they should probably cool down but they just keep going. I think they 'tried' but they just go back to smoking every day after a while.

Nowadays I only smoke when I meet someone who offers (which is maybe every other month or less) which is nice but I don't feel the need for it as I used to.
>>
same thing happened to one of my best friends. she started hanging out with all the other stoners at my school too so I barely even see her at this point. she's not even the same person anymore, her whole life revolves around weed, it's depressing. I barely see the appeal in smoking having smoked upwards of 10 times. it's such an expensive habit and the long term harm outweighs any short term benefits imo.
>>
I enjoy finding these threads, I used to be 'addicted' to weed and wasted a terrifying amount of money on it to make sure I was high all day every day. It makes a nice change to seeing all of the 'weed is the best thing in the whole universe' threads. It's a drug and if people were using alcohol in the same way they use weed then they would be classed as alcoholics. Yeah it's a plant but it still alters the way your brain works therefore it is still a drug.
>>
>>29973256
The long term harm is really being addicted to it until you let everything that isn't related to your smoking-habit fall apart.

I figure the people who are addicted are mostly depressed and probably just need something more of importance in life instead of actually feeling okay by letting it all go to waste.
>>
File: received_1597611197225967.jpg (11 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
received_1597611197225967.jpg
11 KB, 476x356
>>29973305
>if people were using alcohol in the same way they use weed then they would be classed as alcoholics.

MUH FUCKIN NIGGA, two thumbs up from me
>>
>>29973305
How about I don't give a finnuck? My sober mind is broken as shit, might as well make things interesting.
>>
>>29973399
It was more aimed at those who think weed is the best thing since sliced bread and is God in plant form and 100% harmless and can do absolutely no wrong
>>
>>29973305
As a current regular user I find that lack of research into and public education about marijuana dependency appalling. Anyone who has hung around heavy users or has been a heavy user knows the the "pull" of involuntary cravings that turn into addiction if the cravings are appeased. Why the global medical community is in collective denial about this is a little disturbing especially since the trend now is towards legalization.
>>
File: 00000880.jpg (4 KB, 105x187) Image search: [Google]
00000880.jpg
4 KB, 105x187
>>29973399
>weed
>interesting
>>
My best friend is like that too. But at least he has a job and doesn't just bum around at home all day and lives with his gf. When we have time he smokes and I get drunk so it's all good.

Love him like a brother though.
>>
File: 2525235235.jpg (23 KB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
2525235235.jpg
23 KB, 638x360
>>29973437
They'll make it legal and turn us into healthier versions of crack fiends while they feed us the old 'it's not addictive' shit and make millions off of us begging for more
>>
>>29972678
Go to >>>/pol/ you cuck.
>>
i just ended my relationship with a girl a few months ago because she turned up a weed addicted
>>
>>29973477
>'it's not addictive'
I hate that shit. Anything that can make you feel good can become addictive.
>>
>>29973518
i used to convince myself that it was okay to spend 50 pounds on some weed when i only had 60 left from my wages, i did this for a year and made absolutely no money. anyone who says weed isn't addictive is a fucking liar
>>
>>29973518
Personally I believe there are unique addictive properties in cannabinoids that are not yet understood due to an appalling lack of research into the area. Anyone who says that marijuana is only "psychologically addictive" is willfully ignorant imo.
>>
>>29973482
But all they are talking about today is the Turkroaches getting BTFO. Gets boring
>>
>>29973548
I hear you, people will scoff at alcoholics but be indifferent about someone who daily abuses weed, just because it isn't man made it doesn't mean it can't be addictive
>>
>>29973548
I know people who have been addicted to coffee for crying out loud, anyone who says you can't be addicted to weed is braindead
>>
>>29973548
>Anyone who says that marijuana is only "psychologically addictive" is willfully ignorant imo.
But it is true. It just depends on the person and their will power. Just because you don't go through physical withdrawals doesn't mean it isn't addictive.

Usually from what I've seen is that people who are psychologically addicted just delude themselves into thinking that they really aren't addicted when in reallity they are.
>>
Used to smoke every day, then I needed to get some stuff done, so I quit on a dime and haven't smoked in maybe two months or so. First week was tough because I wasn't used to being not being high, but now I don't even think about it
>>
>>29973658
There has essentially been no clinical research on whether or not physical dependence to cannabinoids can occur. Nobody can make the claim one way or another that they 'know' the physical effects of cannabinoids on the body and brain. There is a ton of anecdotal evidence for both sides of the physical addiction debate but it shouldn't be a debate it should be studied.
>>
>>29973714
I never said it was physical. Just mental.
>>
>>29973735
Yeah and I'm arguing the opposite while simultaneously recognizing that there can be no empirical knowledge on the matter due a lack of scientific research.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
11 KB, 225x225
I lost one of my best friends after I became a pot head around the age of 17. I was smoking weed multiple times a day and talking about it a lot (as a lot of new smokers do). He gradually stopped asking me to hang out, and when I would ask him to hang he would tell me he was busy. He wouldn't really talk to me anymore at group settings either. I could tell he didn't want to be friends with me anymore so we just went our separate ways without having a discussion about it. Haven't spoken to each other in over 5 years.

I always thought it was pretty shallow of him to completely cut me off over that. For one, I never pressured him to do it or anything. And the other big thing was that this guy played video games like 8+ hours a day and didn't even have a job. I did have a job, did better in school than him, and exercised regularly. I was a more productive member of society than he was. I mean really, is being high for a few hours a day worse than sitting around playing video games for 8+ hours?

This guy just seemed to have a real phobia about drugs in general. I know he cut another friend off because that friend started smoking cigs. I wish him all the best, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a little bit of resentment over the whole thing. But I was admittedly probably a bit annoying when I was a new smoker. Oh well, friends come and go. Life goes on.
>>
>>29972678
Just don't hang out with him man.
Jesus this is why I stopped hanging out with all you fuckers, you all think that a person's fucking struggle with drugs is annoying to you when it's because his life is spiralling out of control, but instead of being a supportive friend you just show him your ass.

Fucking horrible people I swear.
>>
>>29973774
Drug use is one of those things that sets people apart, if only because of the cultural associations some people are never able to overcome. I had a similar experience to yours. In hindsight my friend was an emotionally immature aspie and smoking some weed probably would have done him some good since he wound up an alcoholic college dropout after HS.
>>
I was a pretty fat loser until I start smoking weed and it helped me with my anxiety enough to focus on getting better. I lost a ton of weight, started actually working on finding better jobs, I moved out of my house.. like basically my whole life changed for the positive. I lost a lot of friends because they didn't really get it and they called me a drug addict, but they would also get drunk all the time and fight whereas that never happens in a smoking circle so losing them is also sort of a positive.

Pros: Weight loss, being able to sleep, not an anxious mess, able to focus

Cons: Public opinion, legal issues
>>
>>29972678
how did he even become a weedhead in the first place?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.