[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular opinions I fucking despise this game, and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: souniquemuchoutcast.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
souniquemuchoutcast.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
ITT: Unpopular opinions

I fucking despise this game, and I despise you if you like it, too.
I first heard about it while listening to post rock music, went through the comments section and just about half or more of them were about how the songs would remind them of Life is Strange, or about how they have to thank Life is Strange for showing them this "new" and "unique" genre of music.
So, I played the first episode of the game, and afterwards I couldn't bare to play anymore, so I just watched Pewdiepie do it.
The game is flatout stereotypical and poorly written (good graphics though I guess), there are exclusively two types of characters, the asshole popular kids who all have suspicious ties to eachother, or the outcast lesbian hipster kids who are constantly bullied. Its unbelievably shallow and over-simplified, and people end up calling it one of the "deepest" and "most emotional" games to ever be released? The player is immediately expected to relate to and care for Max, but honestly Max is just your stereotypical tumblr user, along with every other "outcast" in the game, they make stereotypical dumbass and impulsive decisions and wonder why they're getting picked on. If anything this was insulting. The style and dialogue all throughout the game makes me cringe, words like "hella" and the style of blue hair don't stand the test of time, or even outside of your cliques.
Anyways, choices tend not to actually matter and when they do they make no fucking sense, and either one will make you end up looking like a sarcastic and/or ignorant idiot. Its just an ordinary drama with some hipster vibes and time control thrown in. The controls are garbage, too.
Wish I could turn back time and never buy this.

tl;dr
Buy Life is Strange, it fits you guys pretty well
>>
never bothered to play this game mainly beacuse i fucking hate story driven games with no very limited gameplay
>>
You're right, it's complete shit and only liked by waifufags. The really pathetic part is that the waifus are absolute dogshit.
>>
>>29972167
Using drugs, drinking alcohol, and having premarital sex should be crimes.
>>
>>29972167
>I just watched Pewdiepie do it.
Of all the fucking LPers you watch him

I despise you OP
>>
Life Is Strange? Never even heard of this game until your post.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460239123235.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460239123235.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
I thought the worst part of the game was the soundtrack.
>>
>>29972167
I hate lesbians. No the faggot.
>>
File: image.png (311 KB, 665x593) Image search: [Google]
image.png
311 KB, 665x593
I loved this game

If you don't like it that's fine but why try and ruin it for everyone else
>>
>plays one episode
>trashes the entire game
fucking kek
>>
>>29972334
Same here, randomass "emotional" indie songs that just seem cheesy with the current scene. All indie/post rock/shoegaze music sounds the same to normies though
>>
>>29972378
I played the first episode, I hated it, I watched someone else play it, I still hated it.
The game is based all around the story and the characters, not gameplay.
Whats wrong anon?

Also
>"ITT: Unpopular opinions"
>>
>>29972167
>judges others for liking a game
>likes pewdiepie

kill yourself if this is bait or not
>>
>>29972334
Sparklehorse - piano fire
is good
But generally I agree that the soundtrack is pretty weak
>>
??? shut the fuck up op
its an good game
>>
>>29972426
I really enjoy story driven games, but if you were walking into this knowing the game had minimal gameplay why would you continue to waste time on it? I don't see "the game is based all around the story and the characters, not gameplay" as genuine criticism, just your opinion about what makes a game good.
>>
This has to be sarcastic, please tell me it's sarcastic. No one who is able to watch that cringe factory could bind more than 4 words in a sentence.
>>
>>29972167
Episodic games are shit in general The Walking Dead, The Wolf among us, Game of Thrones
All shit
>>
>>29972581
Its not criticism, I actually love some (good) story-driven games.
My point was that playing one episode or the entire five doesn't make any difference, because its the story that matters, not the gameplay.

I feel like the majority of the people disagreeing with me here are intentionally misunderstanding what I'm saying.

>>29972470
When did I say I liked Pewdiepie? I just watched his letsplay of the thing.
Guys a faggot
>>
>>29972293
Using drugs is a crime already.
>>
>>29972673
but why watch him when literally anybody else is better.
>>
File: gortys.gif (2 MB, 540x286) Image search: [Google]
gortys.gif
2 MB, 540x286
>>29972167
>>29972666
You should try Tales from the Borderlands!!
Only occasionally cringey...
>>
>>29972711
Not all drugs, I see smokers all the time.
>>
people should have the right to refuse medical treatment or procedures regardless of age.

stopping someone from taking their own life and forcibly keeping them alive against their will is absolutely monstrous.

imposing life on anybody is terrible to begin with
>>
>>29972828
Suicidal underage detected
>>
I don't believe in ownership of land.
>>
>there are exclusively two types of characters, the asshole popular kids who all have suspicious ties to eachother, or the outcast lesbian hipster kids who are constantly bullied

this isn't even true? Chloe is the only character I know who fits the lesbian description (if you're also implying Max fits that description, I disagree). not all of the "popular kid" characters even have ties to each other. I think there IS nuance to the characters and their social hierarchy within the school, there's a fucking wide variety of different kinds of people.

what about Frank, the trailer trash drug dealer? does he fit either of those two categories? Jefferson? Kate? Joyce? Alyssa? Warren? Daniel? any of the skater kids?

you're making this shit up.

>Its unbelievably shallow and over-simplified, and people end up calling it one of the "deepest" and "most emotional" games to ever be released

you're the one over-simplifying things faggot. does it occur to you that even if the social standing was cliche (which it isn't), it could just be trying to make a statement about American society, popularity, etc. I can think of plenty pieces of literature where this was done with good results. and besides, that isn't even the point of the game. arguably, I would say the game is about reconnecting with a long lost friend, and how all your choices have repercussions (even if the game somewhat failed on that level). people find it deep and emotional because they were able to empathize with the characters and feel a connection to the setting/story. if you were unable to connect with the characters, yeah, the game is gonna be shit. but that's more your fault than the fault of the game.
>>
File: 1468018757044.jpg (93 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
1468018757044.jpg
93 KB, 405x600
Just watch blue is the warmest color instead
Or better yet just watch the sex scenes
>>
The last of us sucked. Nothing about it was enjoyable. Only played through that shit because I didn't want to let my friend down.
>>
i did enjoy the last of us. i guess deep in my heart ive always wanted to be a lone survivor in a post apocalyptic world, with a cute loli girl as my sidekick to look after. it kind of made me want to cry in a few parts. i guess its my fatherly instincts kicking in. im in my 30's and never had a gf, and probably never will. ill never have a cute little daughter to raise and look after. feels real bad.
>>
File: 1468324499217.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1468324499217.gif
1 MB, 540x540
most unpopular opinions are actually very popular but are purported to be unpopular by those who have them so as to be on le fringe and be le unique snowflakes
>>
File: SassyMax.gif (2 MB, 303x396) Image search: [Google]
SassyMax.gif
2 MB, 303x396
>>29972167
>so I just watched pewdiepie play it
you just made your whole paragraph invalid

also don't talk shit about my waifu
>>
>>29972355
Unpopular opinions thread. Read the title before you make a autistic reply
>>
>>29972167
>Unpopular opinions
I want to become a normalfag.
>>
>>29972167
>"I don't like this thing because degenerate librul faggot SJW cuck feminist agenda! HITLER DIDN'T DO NOTHIN' WRONG!!"

Right. Thanks for contributing.
>>
>>29972581
>I dont see "this game has little to no gameplay" as genuine criticism

I bet you think VN's are video games too.
>>
File: 14223552362.jpg (391 KB, 1280x1264) Image search: [Google]
14223552362.jpg
391 KB, 1280x1264
>>29972167
not even an unpopular opinion on here

even though the first episode was crap, it was just the setup for the rest of the episodes

i liked the game alot
>>
> anti-anxiety/depression meds are memes
> if you've never experienced real normie hardships (close deaths, poverty, abuse) then your depression is a meme. It only feels bad because you don't know what real strife out of your control is
> you can't say whatever you want if you're not prepared to get smacked the fuck up, it's not pc culture just because you wanted to be edgy without reprimand
> it's hard getting skelly if you're a fat fuck, it's like drug addiction
> Wendy's has the best nuggies
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.