[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who socially anxious depressed vegan here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: A-Swiss-Watch-movement.jpg (298 KB, 2000x1685) Image search: [Google]
A-Swiss-Watch-movement.jpg
298 KB, 2000x1685
Who socially anxious depressed vegan here?
>>
>>29971000
like clockwork watson
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxs_mTRjLAU
>>
>>29971074
There is not a good argument against veganism itself, that's why people like this have to resort to making videos mocking behaviour which doesn't exist that much.
>>
>>29971110
the problem is that those retards always have to bring up that they are vegans. i usually give them a rope and a manual
>>
>>29971159
>retards
you have yet to prove that
>they bring it up all the time
maybe because it's a major issue society likes to ignore
>>
>>29971195
yea "major issue"
veganism>war>innocent people dying>acutal poverty and hunger>corrupt governments>
kek
but no veganism is major issue desu xD
>>
>>29971000
sounds like you have b12 deficiency
>>
can i swap out vegan for virgin? because if so, yes, i am.
>>
>>29971233
>60 billion animals treated badly and slaughtered for peoples taste buds
>leading cause of deforestation and species extinction
>large contributor to greenhouse gas emissions

we are actively trying to resolve wars, poverty, hunger and corruption, we are doing almost nothing about the mass killing and mistreatment of animals

so yeh it is very important even if you are a scumbag and have no empathy for other creatures
>>
File: IMG_20160705_174018.jpg (74 KB, 482x475) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_174018.jpg
74 KB, 482x475
>>29971000
You're free to do as you wish, but I'd strongly recommend not creating vegan threads on this board or even this sight if only for the fact that more often than not, any and all support or civil agreement to disagree over positions will be flung far out of the proverbial window at the utterance of veganism without outright condemnation.

I don't embody the vegan archetype of one who is radically leftward of the political spectrum and actively seeks out arguments for the sake of social brownie points or approval amongst my supposed group of allies, (vegans) but sometimes will troll people who can't help themselves but to succumb to irrational outrage at the mere concept of it and not even necessarily those who try persuading others of it by some method or another.

The meme of the depressed vegan as attributed to their dietary choice is hilarious to me and if the vegan in question is so on the basis of ethics, it seems much more likely to me that they simply suffer from extreme empathy and this can be the cause of their depression because having made the choice on an ethical basis usually implies a greater knowledge of agricultural practices, laboratory testing and production of food products (at least) or production of goods all across the spectrum and the things involved therein that may preclude their suffering from depression entirely in some cases.
>>
>>29971000
I'm a vegetarian and I hate vegans. They're smug assholes.
Nice trips, by the way.
>>
>>29971371
you can raise chickens on your own property, and let them live out their days in peace

basically paradise

there is no argument for veganism. vegetarianism maybe, but abstaining from products like milk and eggs that don't harm animals is dumb
>>
>>29971322
If you're against the practices used for intensive farming and that shit you can go ahead and write a manifesto and organize manifestations every other day. Being a picky fucking child with food isn't gonna help at all.
>>
>>29971348
>That pic
How butthurt do you have to make that?
>>
File: 1468025350338.jpg (43 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
1468025350338.jpg
43 KB, 470x600
>>29971371
well you didn't say if you're vegetarian for animal ethics reasons, but if you're then some veggies like you probably loathe vegans because they represent the moral consistency you lack, meatcucks are all in, you're halfway in and veganfaggots are out completely, you're stuck in limbo and want some of both worlds
>>
>>29971348
it's funny to see how quickly people become confrontational over veganism, they just can't stand being called out

I think you are correct about the extreme empathy thing, when i became a more anxious individual I felt negative emotions much more strongly and my empathy rose greatly. I can't bear to see animals killed or mistreated all for people's food pleasure. I imagine what if I was that conscious creature forced into a life of slavery and then fear pounding execution. I am happy my condition has giving me these powers of increased feelings and empathy because it's happens to be a true reflection of reality but at the same time I cannot stand going through all this suffering myself. It's like I've shared in the experience of those born in less fortunate circumstances.
>>
>>29971420
I wonder if you ever ask that of people with similar images that depict vegfags sillily
>>
>>29971371
>>29971407
One of my friends is a vegan because of reasons relating to environmentalism.

She's also really chill about it, she's not one of those "GRR HOW DARE YOU EAT ANIMAL PRODUCTS" vegans.

She also offered to make me pot brownies some time.
>>
>>29971407
Are you retarded or something? Your post is barely relevant to mine. Seems like you're trying to find anything even slightly relevant in order to push your agenda. I don't give a fuck about anything you just wasted your time typing out. Fuck vegans.

>>29971448
No. That's just you projecting.
>>
Who here /have to tell everyone you're vegan to validate your existence/?
>>
>>29971522
Sometimes us human beings on planet earth like to talk to others about a topic or interest of theirs because we want to better understand ourselves and the world around us. It's not about seeking validation, in fact I expect the hostility and aggression to come from the likes of you like clockwork.
>>
>socially anxious
No, but I mostly find other people insufferably retarded, and forcing myself to deal with their sheer stupidity drains me.

>depressed
"Dysthymia" according to at least one therapist I briefly saw.

>vegan
Vegetarian. Not entirely concerned with the suffering of animals since animals treat one another like shit in the wild. I guess I just want to think of myself as being more evolved than that.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>29971110
>>29971195
>>29971322
>>29971348
>>29971407
>>29971448
>>29971483
>>29971558
t.buttblasted vegan faggot

This is exactly why everyone hates you. You all need to be lined up and shot.
>>
>>29971613
calling people names and making threats is the best you can do? quite sad that's all you can come up with
>>
File: 48707370.png (213 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
48707370.png
213 KB, 1000x1144
>>29971483
Empathy is overrated in some ways to me. As you say, the empathy thing is terrible because you feel much more misery than you would were you unaware and/uncaring entirely if these things.

If I could choose to be apathetic instead of a pathetically concerned individual whose capacity to acknowledge inconvenient or uncomfortable truths paralyzes them from enjoying much of life as enjoyed by many others, I think I may choose to be indifferent or even malicious because the prospect of that only seems horrid by the present mindset and if I could instantaneously become a different person with an indifferent outlook on the often unacknowledged suffering and destruction around us all, I wouldn't be able to care less after the transformation and that would be much simpler.

A wicked or misguidedly uncaring person knows no such grief, so being them would be fantastic because that would be that, it would be no detriment to me. The majority of people see us as silly clowns anyway, not they could care at all about others' perceptions of me, but mindless acceptance from others would simplify life's obstacles.
>>
>>29971673
>>29971680
Reading through your posts ITT, you sound like a pseudo-intellectual fedora tipper. I'd assume you're baiting, but no one is that commited, so I'm guessing this is one of your autistic fits.
>>
>>29971680
of*
not that I could care at all*

>stupid vegan twats can't type right probably because of their b12 deficiency
KEK
>>
File: 18296561.jpg (14 KB, 438x438) Image search: [Google]
18296561.jpg
14 KB, 438x438
>>29971715
le ad hominem, as the great Stefan would say, "Not an argument".
>>
>>29971766
Nice damage control, friendo.
>>
>>29971766
so did you make the thread to argue with people or to actually discuss veganism with other vegans? because it seems like you just want to argue with people.

if you want to talk with other vegans go on r/vegans on le reddit or something.

Do you have any products made by slave labor? I'm sure you fucking do. any kind of electronic or clothes are made by people who work for next to nothing. Isn't that cruelty? It's sickening to see vegans go around with their iphones made by slaves acting like they're better than everyone because they don't eat animal products.
>>
Specisists unite!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciesism

Death is the only way!
>>
>>29971558
you forgot to tip your fedurur, faggit
>>
>>29971418
>Being selective with food purchases isn't gonna help at all.
Hmm. Care to qualify this statement?
>>
Vegan babies:
Your whiny behaviour of not eating what mommy is spooning to you won't make anything change, the only argument vegans have is that in the current state of things, intensive farming of animals is consuming resources at an alarming rate, and the correct way of stopping that is in no measure choosing not to eat animal products and espect other people to do the same.
Eat whatever, because it's not eating meat that's wrong, it's the means by which it is brought to us, and complain constructively about the problem at its roots.
Does any vegan here actually think that being a pain in the ass to eat out with is a good plan to stop the damages caused by excessive production of animal products?
>>
>>29971820
i dont own an iphone and the idea that in a world where electronics are nearly all made in countries with the cheapest labour we can avoid it all is silly

it's also not as immoral as slaughtering animals and treating them like objects for no good reason
>>
I love how I said vegans were smug assholes and this guy ITT arguing with everyone is proving that claim so well.
>>
>>29971871
intensive farming is more energy and resource efficient, educate yourself properly before you speak
>>
>>29971922
Well then great: there is nothing wrong with intensive farming, i'm fine with that, that means that the only shit vegans have left is "muh ethics" "muh empaty", i hope they're having fun at sunday school
>>
>>29971885
So you just justified slave labor and said that treating people like objects is "less immoral" than treating animals like objects.
>>
>>29971958
yeh ethics, psssh who needs that, lets just return to being savages shall we?
>>
>>29971976
Ethics are a human construct, Killing animals for nutrition is an animal necessity, applying ethics to wild animals is simply Stupid. Calling your pet your "baby" is stupid, dressing your dog when it's not cold is stupid, calling your cat's four paws "hands" and "feet" in pairs is stupid.
>>
>>29971971
no but its a reality of globalism and economics, im not against any improvements that can be made for working conditions and pay in those countries and I try myself to buy fair trade products

happy?
>>
>>29972021
Not OP or whoever that vegan guy arguing with you is, but by this logic, we might as well revert back to being oonga boonga cavemen and ditch technology.
>>
>>29972021
>killing animals for nutrition is necessary

simply untrue
>>
>>29972047

I'm the poster of >>29972044

Tell me why you think this "simply isn't true".
>>
>>29971971
>anon's elitist worldview has been shattered?!
what'll happen next time?!
find out next week!!!
>>
>>29972044
You do realize how easy your argumentation is. Clearly even if i was some mongoloid troll i wouldn't have made my point so easily dismissable. I made a clear distintion between Humans and wild animals. Ethics should apply to the human society, but not to the animal kingdom. It's wrong to kill eachother amongst humans, but natural to kill eachother amongst animals.
>>
>>29972027
meat is also a reality of globalism and economics. You're hypocritical.

"I'm not against any improvements that can be made to animal conditions in farms, but there's basically nothing I can do, So I will continue to eat meat until the problem solves itself."

go live off the grid somewhere, no electronics, make your own clothes, your own food and everything else and then you can really say that you have empathy and understanding of life.

Your whole "I'm so empathetic. it sickens me" act is disgusting. You support the exploitation of life just as much as everyone else by being a part of society.
>>
>>29971000
apologize for peta
>>
>we used to be expert hunters, survivers with incredible adaptability
>now the notion that a "cute" animal might have to suffer to be used as food is sickening and makes us sad
At least we confined ourselves in a system that allows us to forget how much Homo sapiens sapiens has dumbed down
>>
kek at this thread, topics that will bring out the righteous indignation of people like few others; bioethics/dietary ethics & anything involving the ethics of sex/sexuality especially as it pertains to children or young adults
>[fedora tipping intensifies]
>>
>>29971000
Hello this is me
Be my boyfriend pls yes
>>
>>29972124
These are jobs the chinese and other people take willingly because it's better than anything else going, if you have a better solution for them to grow their economy I'd like to hear it. As their economy grows their conditions and lives will get better.

Continuing to eat animal products will not end the unethical killing of them or their mistreatment during theirs lives.
>>
>>29972218
>a certain kind of accessory worn on one's head is somehow enough to dismiss any person whose argumentation relies on what is factual
Must be easy being a cool kid writing witty dismissive comments that don't contribute to anyone but your own anonymous ego
>>
>>29972258
m8, it was a sarcastic reference to people always referring to vegans or vegan sympathisers or really anybody who uses "big words" cause apparently that makes you a pretentious fedora-wearing douche

the meme is stupid and overused, but it ain't going away anytime soon

may as well have some fun with it while we have to see it all the time
>>
"Willingly" that's being pretty generous. I'm pretty sure they take the job because they don't have a choice. They need the money to survive so they work a job they hate to get money.

What exactly is it about animals that makes them more worthy of your empathy than humans? Because they're "Innocent"? you're making no sense.
>>
>>29971000
Vegans are literally enemies of humanity.
I want you all to die.
>>
>>29972379
so do you have a better choice or solution to offer them then?
>>
>>29972228
How did this troll not get at least ten dozen replies? Thank you, R9K, for finally showing me that not every thread can be derailed by role-playing posters. I'm proud of this board for once.
>>
>>29972397
you first, sir
after you, sir
*tips fedora*
*fedora tips*
*tipping fedora*
*fedora tipping*
>>
File: Ferrari.jpg (75 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
Ferrari.jpg
75 KB, 808x808
>vegan
Where did it all go wrong?
Also, nice picture. I have a Rolex myself. Swiss Watches are great. Good taste, I just don't know why you would be a vegan. At least be a vegeterian, helps you get laid more, but if you actually want my advice, stick to meat.
>>
>>29971000
hello, mister national surveillance agency employee
>>
>>29972514
Vegans get laid more than robots
>>
>>29972533
>implying this is impressive or unexpected in any way
>>
>>29972533
M E A T-Eating Master Race >>>> Vegeterian >> Vegan >>>> Robot
>>
>>29972560
believe it or not, some robots are vegans, I guess it cancels out and they don't get laid then
>>
I'm a human supremacist and I don't care for animal suffering as long as it benefits humankind, in some way.
If there was such a button as "kill every dog, whales, cats and dolphins to get the cure for cancer even though they will suffer for days", I would gladly push it.
No amount of animal lives can sum up to the value of a single human one.

Still, I have a cat. Why?
Because we on a whim, can choose which specimens to "humanize" and to give affection.

I don't care if people somewhere in the world, are eating cats or running lab tests on them. Just don't fuck up mine, because it's my property I can choose its destiny.

>>29972397
This. When you choose to side with animals and slow down Medical Science, you're an enemy of the humankind.
>>
>tfw no /veganaryanmasterrace/ on /r9k/ or fourchannel at all
>>
>>29972645
Anything in general that benefits mankind and the market in general is great, animal suffering, environmental hazards etc, it doesn't matter as long as it benefits us.
Capitalism and technological advancement is great.
>>
Veganism is retarded because:

>Agriculture also promotes animal suffering. Deforestation and pesticides are needed for crops if you want to feed the whole world and not just a few retarded hipster that eats "organic".
>Animals known as pests are killed for crops and vegans don't care.
>Ultimately, Veganism is futile and useless because animals don't have morals and dying a horrible death is nature's law. Nature is not a The Lion King movie, veganbabies. The more animals exist, the more animals will suffer. Wake up, retards:
https://youtu.be/so6LSuM3BhI?t=15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnH_TOqi3I
>Everything you use from the modern age, makes animal lives shittier. Even the posts you make in this board will heat up the oceans and pollute the skies. Every electronic product you use, needs rare minerals. Digging minerals destroys entire ecosystems. If you enjoy any human modern comfort and you're a vegan, you're just a nitpicking hypocrite.

Animal suffering is unavoidable. So, we should at least use their suffering for our benefit.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.