[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a summer nostalgia thread going? >listening to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336 KB, 1200x800
Can we get a summer nostalgia thread going?

>listening to punk
>Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
>jumping on trampolines
>hanging out at the local pool
>sky seemed bluer
>grass seemed greener
>air smelled better

Fuck I miss being a kid in the early 2000s.
>>
File: 1430055300880.jpg (125 KB, 792x684) Image search: [Google]
1430055300880.jpg
125 KB, 792x684
>>29969947
Holy shit please don't bring up any of these. I remember skateboarding with a friend of mine back when we played THPS2, 3 and 4. Jesus christ those were the good times. Everything since then was a downward spiral in my life.
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9oaBahqh3Io
>>
>>29969983
Same here, anon. It's like my life turned to shit when the GameCube era ended.
>>
File: Nightfire.png (144 KB, 256x329) Image search: [Google]
Nightfire.png
144 KB, 256x329
>>29969947
I'm with you man.

One time me and my friends convinced my mom to let us have a sleepover

Played James Bond Nightfire til three in the morning, eating totino's pizza rolls all the way, and then slept in a tent in my back yard.

My one fat friend snored. God life can be so good, I need to be more present.
>>
>>29970008
I never had a gamecube. I was pretty poor and living in eastern europe. But the life back then had it's charm.
>>
>>29970039
>I need to be more present

So much this. I want to appreciate the small things again. Remember how fucking great staying up all night wandering the neighborhood felt?
>>
>>29969990
Ska punk like this taps straight into my pleasure center and makes me want to immediately drop into a half pipe even though I was always shit at skating.
>>
>>29970087
I still like doing things like this, it's just that I don't do any of that anymore. I have a lot of things to do and I just worry I won't manage to do it all in time. When you're completely alone you have to worry about everything, from eating food, to getting things to eat, to work, to getting enough sleep and then there's the case of your own safety. You're on your fucking own out there.
>>
>>29970087
Yeah. I used to get so much joy out of small things.

I could literally be sitting in a park under a shade tree, a flowery spring breeze cooling my brow while I drink a bottle of wine and sit on a comfy blanket on top of a cushion of grass, and still be racked with worry about the future. My jobs, my personal challenges, etc.

Such a waste of a human life. I will be better.
>>
>>29969947
HEY HEY HEY
Are you ready to make some
CRAAAAZY money?

Here We Go!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G91ziPCo39k
>>
File: 1466921127251.jpg (67 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1466921127251.jpg
67 KB, 633x758
>that distinct smell of chlorine on a really hot day
>that distinct feel of bare feet on hot pavement
>eating otter pops
>drinking sunny d
>hearing this song while playing nba street https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiOcVWQY2bc
>fucking around at chuck e cheese and dave n busters
>old nickelodeon
>>
>fighting Super Soaker/water balloon/Nerf battles with the whole neighborhood
>flashlight tag in the woods behind my house
>chasing down the ice cream truck, every kid running outside with money in hand
>going downtown to see fireworks on 4th of July
>none of this happened, there were no other kids my age that lived by me growing up
>>
>>29970643
I'm sorry anon. I experienced all of that as a suburbs kid. >>29970618

>that smell of public pool cement right after a summer thunderstorm rolls through
>>
Don't forget how slow time went by back then
>>
>>29971154
God I know. Summers seemed so long. Why is youth/life so fleeting bros? I just need more time.
>>
>playing hide and go seek with all the neighborhood kids - even the ones with really strict parents who rarely let them go outside
Only happened a handful of times, but I remember a couple games where we had 12 or so kids playing. Those nights were great.
>>
>Having no friends
>Parents forcing me to play with other kids
>Crying in my room alone
>Laughs of kids outside my window
>Reading books
>>
File: 1381864701404.gif (2 MB, 390x300) Image search: [Google]
1381864701404.gif
2 MB, 390x300
>just us kids outside
>have water gun fights
>play ding dong ditch
>skate on a friend's home-made ramp in the backyard
>play tag at night
>skate/bike to 711 for slushies
>go to eachother's house when it got too hot outside
>played perfect dark, goldeneye, thps
>watched cartoons and skate videos
>got parents to order pizzas
>stayed over for the night sometimes
>would laugh and joke and tell eachother it would be great if summer vacation could last the whole year
>>
>>29971331
Right in the feels, anon.

>copying stunts from Jackass/CKY
>>
File: Satou.jpg (101 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
Satou.jpg
101 KB, 802x1000
>>29969947
Semi related

>drunk tonight
>decide to rewatch Welcome to the NHK
>tear up immediately when the opening begins to play
>cry like a bitch the whole episode
>23 more to go

This shit hits home more than anything, thinking about all those missed opportunities.
Hold me /r9k/
>>
File: re.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
>>29971331
>7/11
>slushies
ITS SLURPEES YOU DUMB FUCKING FROZEN CARBONATED BEVERAGE CASUAL, SLUSHIES IS SONIC
>>
File: Ging_enfant.jpg (40 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
Ging_enfant.jpg
40 KB, 500x364
>>29971331
Fucking this.

You reached my soul
>>
>>29971361
I think back and cringe on how I used to jump into bushes and do other wacky shit because I wanted to impress my friends.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.