[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else seriously annoyed by all this "man made climate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5
File: 1445252565844.jpg (71 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
1445252565844.jpg
71 KB, 600x598
Is anyone else seriously annoyed by all this "man made climate change" propaganda bullshit?

How the fuck am I responsible for the climate? I didn't do shit.
>>
>>29968974
I am seriously annoyed by climate change.
>Here's an invisible problem that will go away if you pay me enough to do nothing about it.
Thank you government.
However I have seen an episode or two of Captain Planet, so I know pollution is bad, and I don't get too mad because when people make steps to redude "carbon emissions" they're lso reducing toxic by products released in most fuel burning processes.
If you're using electricity you probably melted my glacier.
>>
>>29968974
Well, to be honest, if climate change didn't exist, CO2 is still toxic for humans.
>>
global warming is a serious threat to the human species, but until the multinationals are in charge of everything nothing is gonna change
>>
File: untitledbait.jpg (39 KB, 317x329) Image search: [Google]
untitledbait.jpg
39 KB, 317x329
>>29969354
Y U DU DIS?
What the fuck are you actually saying and why am I replying?
>>
Damn Gore was a total Chad when he was younger
>>
>burn things
>smoke goes up
>doesn't leave though because atmosphere
>now heat can't leave
>now very warm
>>
>>29968974
could you please stay on /pol/ and post your bullshit there?!
>>
>>29968974
>I didn't do shit.

If you went and lived off the grid you could claim this, but since you are participating in society on some level you share some responsibility.
>>
>>29968974
I am sure those glaciers are as big and "healthy" as they always were.
Oh, wait, they aren't!
>>
>>29968974
Interesting fact - did you guys notice how it used to be called global warming? Now the media doesn't use that term anymore. Seems fishy to me.

It's also annoying how "skeptics" tend to be skeptical of everything except for climate change - for them its like fact despite scientists caught faking ice cap temperature data.
>>
>>29972337
>did you guys notice how it used to be called global warming?
Our understanding of something changed with time? Color me impressed
Next thing you are going to tell me is that you think the "God Particle" has any relation to religion.
Also
>Giving a shit about what science journalism says

>"skeptics"
Skeptics who aren't skeptics about everything are most likely trying to push an agenda

>scientists caught faking ice cap temperature data.
Just because someone decided to fake a fossil doesn't means that now the theory of evolution is under fire. If the theory is still widely held then there must be more evidence backing it.

I am not be able to discuss more with you about the matter, this is outside my area of interest, but i'll be here for another 15 minutes, if there is more you want to say.
>>
>>29969354
There is no way in hell humans could increase the CO2 levels enough for it to become toxic
>>
>>29970928
That's not how it works anon. It's called greenhouse effect for a reason. Our actual heat output is insignificant globally.
>>
>>29972337
I am skeptical about climate change. I used to think climate change was not man made, I used my skepticism to look more into it, and now I learned that it is.
By the way, scientist still call it global warming, it's just that publicly they tend to use the term climate change because autists kept saying "hhuuuuurrrr but it snowed this winter", so the term climate change help convey the idea that not everywhere will get warmer, just the global average
>>
>>29972144
This is the only correct answer to OP not wanting to take responsibility. Global climate change is everyone's problem.

An extremely conservative IPCC estiamte shows there's overwhelming evidence that there's a very good chance we as a society are to blame for this mess... Grow up and do something about it, OP
>>
>the top 15 hottest years on record (since said records began in 1880) have all occurred in the last 18 years.
b-b-but climate change is a myth
>>
>>29973942
>since said records began in 1880
Surely climate never changed before that year, and never underwent any natural cycles.
>>
>>29968974
Climate change denial is literally the most retarded worldview I can imagine. Even dumber than believing in the protocols of zion.
>>
>>29973970
>Surely climate never changed before that year, and never underwent any natural cycles.
Of course if fucking did you mongloid. And we are in another cycle now. Hence the climate is changing.
>>
>>29973985
Maybe if you post more insults, we'll all start believing in your propaganda.
>>
>>29973970
It did, sure, but we were able to find a reason for it. We can't explain the current warming if we ignore humans.
>>
>>29974001
Your IQ is below 60 and you're parents are siblings if you believe this shite.
>>
>>29973970
>The temperature has permanently increased by 1 degree celsius since the 19th century
>we momentarily breached 2 degrees in the northern hemisphere earlier this year
>at 4C our species is completely fucked
>m-muh natural cycles

Kill yourself you retarded faggot.
>>
>>29974020
I'm working on my PhD in math and can speak 4 languages. Try again, bigot.
>>
>>29974020
No, it's just that a lot of bloggers spread half truth about it, so people start to get misinformed. Honestly climate change deniers generally know more about it than most people.
>>
>>29973970

They are ways to find the natural cycles of climate change of earth. In the past 50 years we went from a low point to a high point that took the Earth last time about 4000 years or so.
>>
>>29974041
Hmm. Care to explain why you deny that the climate is in a period of change?
>>
>>29974041
bigot? wut? that doesn't even make sence in this context.
>>
>>29974036
>>at 4C our species is completely fucked
Really? Our summers being 4 degrees hotter won't change shit. Btw It's called "climate change" now because it stopped warming.
>>
>>29973970
but it's almost like an industrial revolution has thrown millions of years worth of carbon into the atmosphere in a few generations, doubt that will have any effect because natural cycles were marked by a rise in carbon anyway.
>>
>>29974088
See this is what I mean. You're either completely ignorant or mentally retarded. Its one or the other.
>>
>>29974057
I don't. Climate has always been changing -- naturally. It's just bigots like >>29974067 who abuse this fact to spread their anti-civilization white guilt propaganda.
>>
climate change deniers =/= anti climate change alarmists

>is climate change happening? yes
>is human action making it much worse? yes
>will we all die in the next 30 seconds unless we become vegan? no
>will switching to electric cars or other pseudo green technologies instantly solve climate change? no
>>
>>29974103
Carbon dioxide is only a minor source of climate change. It's not as potent as other greenhouse gases which occur naturally. And even among the total carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, the part contributed by humans is negligibly small.
>>
>>29974088

It's actually about 7 degrees Celsius that humans would struggle to survive.

It's climate change because the heating of the planet affects things like moisture in the air. The only place that hasn't gotten cooler many years in a row has been the Eastern United States, whose odd weather patterns are at least partially thanks to the warming in other parts of the world.
>>
>>29974115

Okay, man. The climate is an indisputable period of warming. The degree to which that has been hastened by the massive increase in carbon output is debatable. The notion that curbing the output of carcinogenic pollutants is "anti-civilization white guilt propaganda" is fucking retarded and so are you for believing it. Besides the biggest polluters aren't "white".
>>
>>29974041
no,no you cant, i don't think you are retarded but you ain't no prodigy, who do you think you are fooling or impressing?
>>
>>29974140
Sounds like quite the strawman you've got there.
>>
>>29974088
That's an average for the entire planet. It'll be a lot more over land. Which means death of crops, killer heat waves, etc.

It also means the acceleration of arctic warming, which in turn releases methane and carbon, which causes more warming.

So yes it will 'change shit'.

>Btw It's called "climate change" now because it stopped warming.

No, it didn't. The last few years have been consecutively the hottest in recorded history. The first papers on it in the 70s called it 'climate change'.
>>
>>29974141

Carbon Dioxide is not as bad as say, methane, but CO2 emissions will allow things like the enormous methane reserves to slowly melt from its cage in siberia and this will cause extreme problems.
>>
oy!! don't use critical thinking. listen to your climate change scientists instead, goyim
>>
>glass ceiling
>climate change
>holocaust
>BLM style widespread white slaveownership
>everdying nigglets in africa
Guilt is a racket.
>>
>>29968974
Al Gore looks pretty old to have just been born in that pic
>>
>>29974215
Just because you don't experience empathy doesn't mean most people don't.
>>
>>29974141
co2 is in it'self not a very potent greenhouse gas but it does allow for more water vapour to be suspended in the atmosphere which is extremely potent. and while our increase may be small, so is the temperature change that is required to fuck us over, world temperature doesn't need to double for it to be super bad news, only a few degrees hotter and our current eco-systems are fucked.
>>
>>29972337
jesus christ really? what a shallow criticism

DIDJA NOTICE HOW IT USED TO BE CALL ONE THING AND NOW IT'S THIS NOW? PRETTY SUSPICIOUS

they changed the name because retards like you kept saying 'wow sure is cold out, right now, in the middle of winter. so much for global WARMING huh? cheggmate librels xD"
>>
>>29974154
You have no idea what it feels like to live in a country where eco-fascists are in a position of power. I can't walk through my town without being harassed by self-proclaimed "activists" who almost threaten to assault me for not giving my money to "climate projects". Coincidentally those are the same people who call you "nazi" if you don't agree with radical open boarder anti-nationalism. And of course they'd never bother a Turk or an Arab with their climate bullshit.
>>
>>29974200
>muh Jews

Do you faggots have to bring this into every thread?
>>
>>29973833
>China
That could be solved if industries stayed away from cities, but that will never happen because everyone loves to work close to home, which would create a new city.
>>
>>29974183
i'm simply saying you can disagree with popular opinion on the severity of climate change without being a climate change denier.
>>
People are getting scared because of all the numbers that say if we can't cut down by 2030-2035 we will soon live in a world that the average temperature will have increased by over 6 degrees celsius
>>
>>29974264
Somehow I get the feeling you rarely leave your home and understand the world through the lens of 4chan.
>threaten to assault me for not giving my money to "climate projects"
>call you "nazi" if you don't agree with radical open boarder anti-nationalism
Sounds like the /pol/'s strawman for what a "liberal" is supposed to act like
>>
File: Pigma.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Pigma.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Anyone else notice the only guy here bringing up actual information that has been studied in the past hasn't been argued with?
>>
>>29974298
Come to Germany and experience this on your own.
>>
>>29974287
It's always fun cross checking those pushed back doomsday dates with totalitarian UN agendas.
>>
>>29974277
>I want to be a contrarian but I don't want to get called names because of it
>>
>climate change bait
>in 2k10+(2*3)
>>
>>29974316
i lived in Germany 8 months ago, it was lovely, though i'm a normal person and not a basement dwelling faggot so i was obviously fooled by THE JEWS!
>>
>>29974355
Where in Germany did you live?
>>
>>29974333
Is everything fucking totalitarian with you guys
>>
>>29974333

consider that there us no reason for governments to get rid of things the contribute to climate change...It would benefit them more in the short term to claim is doesn't exist...

Regardless if you believe in a "doomsday" you have to accept that we will be living on a planet hotter than any of our ancestors experienced...and which the world has not experienced for 1000s of years and would not experienced (if a natural cycle is to be believed) for 1000s more.
>>
>>29974382
Berlin, why?
>>
>>29974333
How many times is the UN supposed to have instituted an evil, iron-fisted global dictatorship by now?

I lost count sometime in the 1980s.
>>
Climate change is very real. But there are a lot of misconceptions about it.
>It would happen anyways, just on a longer timescale.
>You can't do jackshit about it unless every nation on the world decided to switch to clean electricity over the night. Which won't happen.
>Shitskin countries around the equator are going to suffer which means shitskins will flee to our nice home country.

Basically, we can't change it now and mass migration will follow. Our only hope is a Trump for every civilized, northern (or very southern) country on the world. But then again, I'll be too old when it happens and just pop cyanide pills.
>>
File: 50a.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
Who /devilish/ here?

>burn garbage
>dump engine oil down the sink
>dump old coolant into soil
>drive a v8 without catalytic converter
>litter
>don't recycle
>feed cigarette butts to birds
>>
>>29974442
>1.2 billion displaced people
Its going to be a monumental shift when it happens and potentially mark the end of the post-Westphalia nation-state system.
>>
A quick question to conspiritards -
What benefit is there to completely making climate change up?
>>
>>29974442

1.) Of course. the reason we are worried is that it would taken many 1000s of years before the temperature would have gotten as hot as it will if it stays on the same course it is now. Which is very alarming, obviously.

2.) Not completely true either. Reduced climate change gives people more time to solve aspects of it. It could be the difference between a few degrees before we could handle it.

3.) I guess.
>>
>>29974453
You're just polluting your home and community. The person most affected by this is you.
>>
>>29974491

Because they want industries to fail so they can control all of our energy we need energy in the hands of a few elite not in the hands of a few elite that we know.
>>
>>29974275
It's not co2 the problem. Well, not a major one. It's the other pollutants.
>>
>>29974496
I take pride knowing I make up for at least 20 normies going green though.
>>
>>29974507
>this is why punctuation is important
can you try again? no idea what you are trying to say.
>>
>>29974539

If the government gets rid of oil and gas and makes us switch to other energy sources they will nationalize them.

Meaning they will control them all. We need our energy to be in the hands of the few private elite...not the few public elite.

They just want to control us for our money, man.
>>
>>29974572
>We need our energy to be in the hands of the few private elite...not the few public elite.
t. Schlomo Cohen
>>
>>29974476
Yes. As if war and terror wasn't enough, countries around the equator will soon become more unstable. Less foreign investors, less and more disturbance in the population. I think there is nothing we can do right now which wouldn't harm human rights everywhere. The only possible outcomes are walled fortresses or a global 3rd world country. And no one knows how it will play out.
>>
>>29974147
>Biggest population density of the entire US
>Blames the rest of the world
kill yourself.
>>
>>29974572
most green energy solutions lead to decentralization and less control over national power, eventually homes will be self supporting and the national grid will be a relic of the past.
>>
>>29974572

What's the difference in private or public elite?
>>
>>29974572
I suppose that's why all of the major energy companies are dumping so much money into alternative energy research, which the government (that apparently wants to monopolize) is just letting this happen.
>>
>>29974613

Did you graduate from high school?

Read it again.

Okay so by now you've realized

1.) Humans contribute to climate change

2.) Climate change warms the world

3.) this warming can cause odd weather effects, such as record snow falls (see NYC, DC, etc.)

4.) Humans as a whole contributed to the odd weather effects in the eastern US. some of them from that part and some on the other side of the planet.

5.) The world is connected. it's not like humans affect the world as a whole or anything...THAT'S JUST RETARDED HUH
>>
dafaq? the rockefellers are the ones who imposed carbon tax. It's all a scam. Yeah, the world is fucking trashed. The sun has been getting hotter the past 100 years.
>>
>>29974722

> The sun has been getting hotter the past 100 years
>>
>>29974651
If you are the only one have such issues, it is not the world's problem! This is not difficult. Again, kill yourself or learn to pin point the cause you incompetent fuck.
>>
>>29974772

I'm not the guy you responded to but I have no clue why you are so angry...

Can you please clarify a lot?
>>
>>29974041
ive seen doctors with phds who are still stupid. How often do doctors diagnose and treat something completely wrong.
>>
Climate change denial proves that /pol/ is just right wing SJW.
>>
>>29974275
all those pictures of smog coming out of factories in Chinese cities are not CO2
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.