[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've heard some robots say it's actually a pretty good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
I've heard some robots say it's actually a pretty good show but I got a feeling it might just be normie-tier crap.
Should I bother?
>>
>>29968748
Books you cunt
>>
>>29968748
Who said?
>>
Lots of tits and ass if nothing else.
>>
>>29968748
Read the books faggot. First season is alright because it's a pretty faithful adaption of the first book but it's all downhill from there
>>
your intuition is dead-on.
>>
>>29968755
>>29968783
The books are fucking awful and incredibly badly written. Made my way through the first one in the hopes the second would be a bit better written. Nope.

Don't waste your time on the books OP - honestly, they are a pain to read if you're at all into reading. Perhaps for people that don't read too often, the books could be more bearable as those people don't know what they're missing.
>>
>>29968748
It's pretty good, depends what you call "normie-tier crap"
It's less feel-good than the usual normie-tier crap anyway
It's got intrigue, action, many people die, some tits and ass
>>
>>29968842
Does it hurt to have your head so far up your own ass?
>>
File: 1459783738429.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459783738429.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Game of thrones is about a bunch of normies getting burned/cut/stabbed/squashed/hanged/decapitated/castrated/shot/drowned/mutilated/eaten/bitten/raped/torn/exploded/sacrificed/shaved/shamewalked/poisoned/skinned/falling/smashed

I don't think I missed anything, and if so it might be something very specific.

Point is; /r9k/ should love GoT, even the tv series, because there are not that many series that lets you see so many normies die in so many horrible ways, in 1080p.
>>
>>29968877
Jojen wasn't a normie though. He was a fucking weirdo swamp outcast
>>
The latest season is all about grrrrrrrrrrrrl power.

Overall it's not terrible. Most of the main characters are actually incompetent as fuck but the show portrays them as heroes still.
>>
First season was very good, 2nd was meh, 3rd was shit for me and I quit then, thankfully the internet made me keep up with what was happening later and from the looks of it the last season was the closest to the first.
If you got time to kill why not.
>>
>>29968748
The books are superior.

Go read ASOIAF. Start with Game of Thrones, the first.

The first three books GoT, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords are legitimately great books.
>>
>>29968842
Nice bait friend

original shite
>>
>>29968910
Those fucking looks Dany and Asha (yara in show) were giving each other were just the cringiest fucking shit. Can't see GRRM doing that at all in the books thankfully
>>
>>29969140
Except it isn't bait. The story in the books is great. They're just written badly.
>>
>>29968748
Only seasons 1-3 were good. The show is fucking atrocious now.
>>
>>29968748
I honestly enjoyed the first few season quite a bit, even though it was normie shit. These later seasons are irredeemable garbage though.
>>
Read the first three books and then stop.
>>
>Sunset found her squatting
>>
Seasons 1-3 are good. Books 1-3 are good. After that they both turn to shit for different reasons. GRRM writes filler that never goes anywhere, the jewish duo films made-up ridiculous shit.
>>
It's good. Disregard bookfags, disregard hipster "robots" who haven't given the show a chance.
>>
>>29969321
This. The show is good. The latest season was slow but the last couple of episodes in it semi made up for it.
>>
definitively worth it
>>
File: 3886159-4122183632-qotho.gif (494 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
3886159-4122183632-qotho.gif
494 KB, 500x282
>>29968897
have a proper normie btfo gif then

>>29969020
1st was the best
2nd and 3rd were not very satisfying to watch, felt like they just went "look how much we can brutally murder people!"
4th had the best season ending of all
5th STANNIS IS DEAD GET OVER IT!!!
6th was pretty decent, it started to give out the long awaited justice that has built up for five whole seasons and it was pretty satisfying to see it, but everything seems really dumbed down and simple at this point, I'd say this trend started somewhere around S3 or S4 but it must be at an all time low in S6.

I think the series are generally good, I can't think of many tv series that has run this long without getting entirely submerged in shit.
>>
I'm so sad now the gay characters are all dead. Loras Tyrell was my last hope of some nice buggering in the show, and now he's gone along with 25% of the cast.
I wish there were more gayness left. Male on male, don't like lesbians, they are just straight service for the men watching.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.