[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I need to tell you something quickly. I work for an ambulance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (203 KB, 500x251) Image search: [Google]
image.png
203 KB, 500x251
Guys, I need to tell you something quickly.

I work for an ambulance company, more specifically, I work in the control room. In other words, when you call an ambulance, I'm the guy that would answer your call and get all the details.

Anyway, today a man was badly injured. When he desperately called an ambulance for himself, I heard the wrong Street name. I then asked him multiple times but kept hearing the wrong street.

Anyway, I was completely wrong and our ambulances showed up extremely late for this man.

I don't know what condition this man is in right now, or even if he's alive.

My normie colleagues who already hate me sent me out the room now while my mess is being cleaned up. I just know that I made a massive failure and if this man dies it's my fault. And if he lives, I'm still probably going to get wrecked by the company ceo.

I'm sitting outside atm and in 20 mins I have to go back in. I literally have no idea what to say, other than "I fucked up and now that man might be dead".

What do /r9k/? What's your opinion on this?
>>
>>29966927
>Anyway, today a man was badly injured. When he desperately called an ambulance for himself, I heard the wrong Street name. I then asked him multiple times but kept hearing the wrong street.

don't you have logs? why didn't anyone simply rewind it and figured out what he actually said
>>
>>29966927

You made a mistake. Mistakes happen.

So long as this was your first mistake and you aren't a turbo autist you should be given another chance.

Own up to it and express how badly you feel, but don't spill your spaghetti and become entirely pathetic. Some tearing up is okay, no sobbing.

Also what happened to the guy exactly? car accident? suicide?
>>
Yeah I loathe impacting peoples lives, so I would never have that job.

I still feel horrible for helping condemn a guilty man on jury duty.

I guess you just have to be a different shade of crazy.
>>
>>29966927
you did the best you could, right? you didn't do it on purpose, right? it's not your fault.

i know you obviously can't say that but do believe it. if you couldn't hear/understand him, what were you supposed to do? unless you had GPS coordinates and you still fucked up, you couldn't have done anything different.

i don't know what to say about the job but the reality is that shit happens. when you're involved in life and death situations, sometimes people die and it has nothing to do with you, really.
>>
>>29966927

I'm a serving military officer (non-US) in a short-notice contingency response unit. I might well have to give people orders to actually go and die one day. Until then, even on regular days I have to do shit like calling people back from their own weddings to go on short-notice deployments.

A couple of my close friends are doctors and nurses and involved with life-or-death shit on the daily.

Man, everyone fucks up sometimes. Death is a part of life.

I want to give you a big hug and a cold beer.

The world needs people who will take on horrible responsibilities, and it is far better that those spots go to good people who fail occasionally rather than callous cunts who barely give a fuck (as long as they get paid).

By showing you care this much, you have already proven your moral worth as a human being. I wish I could help you more -- but remember, you're only human and as long as you're trying to make the world a better place you're still doing better than the majority of people.

Godspeed comrade.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.