[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't want to die and stop existing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1448029759486.jpg (5 KB, 212x249) Image search: [Google]
1448029759486.jpg
5 KB, 212x249
I don't want to die and stop existing
>>
>>29965410
iktf

I'd rather never be born than live knowing that one day I'll no longer exist.
>>
>>29965410
Watch Legends of the galactic heroes.
>>
>>29965410
the ego dies, the self is eternal
>>
Crazy, I used to think like this. Now the thought of nonexistance gives me hope.
>>
You weren't worried about it when you were nonexistent for billions of years prior to your birth. Why worry about it now just because you were given 80 or so years of existence?
>>
>>29965670
>tfw worried that my matter will be put back into the cycle of life and end up contributing to the formation of a normie
this is my worst nightmare
>>
>>29965410
It will be over in a second, dw about it.
>>
>>29965737
>nonexistence or reincarnation
Meh I'm indifferent about them both. On one side ill revert back to my original state of nonexistence. On the other i get a chance to roll the dice again and see what happens to me and the world.

Both options are better then the hell of existing currently.
>>
File: 1455871893441.jpg (28 KB, 312x290) Image search: [Google]
1455871893441.jpg
28 KB, 312x290
>>29965410
Your issue can be solve pretty quickly
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>29965779
its not reincarnation, its a literal fact. Your matter wont simply vanish when you die, you will break down into simpler elements which are then once again used as building blocks for new substances or organisms. Your consciousness won't be involved at all, and it has nothing to do with evolution, its simply a physical fact of the world. Also, its a statistical probability that, eventually, your baser elements will be used to further contribute to a normies life.
>>
File: 1465846742311.gif (171 KB, 534x534) Image search: [Google]
1465846742311.gif
171 KB, 534x534
>>29965410
JESUS is waiting for you.

JESUS wants your semen for breakfast in heaven
>>
File: 1458066614018.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458066614018.jpg
484 KB, 1920x1080
There's a god. Look at how beautiful untouched nature is. How wonderful the planets are.

You can't tell me that such a beautifully crafted reality wasn't made by a God. Life isn't the end. You sleep and then wake up with all your friends and family in heaven. All you have to do is be a good person.
>>
>>29965737
i laughed

(because you were so original)
>>
>>29965792

Yours can be solved by learning to read.
>>
>>29965410
You pretty much dont exist anyway.
>>
Get cryopreserved. You will likely not get revived, but the odds of getting revived are a lot better compared to getting buried or cremated, to put it mildly. It costs 30k.
>>
>>29965875
It's a good thing that humanity too, will expire

>>29966487
I used to think this, but it's simpler and more comforting to accept the simple explanation: all signs point to nonexistence after death
>>
>>29965410
>I don't want to die and stop existing
>not wanting to die
fucking normalfag
>>
>>29966570

I respect your opinion. But, I disagree. Hopefully I'm right and we meet each other after death and enjoy the beauty of peace.
>>
>>29966556
http://www.cryonics.org/
http://www.alcor.org/
>>
>>29966487
Nature is beautiful because it is imperfect, arbitrary, indifferent and incomprehensible. That is why it inspires wonder, that is why it inspires awe. The beauty of nature does not signify a creator, it does not signify anything, and that's the point

This is one of the things that always strikes me as misguided about religious thinking. There is always a desire to have something tell you what does and does not matter; what everything means. Having faith in divine teaching makes things certain, whilst nothing is certain when you rely on your own imperfect perception of the world. But the ability to make sense of one's own existence is the foundation of our humanity. Giving that up is the same as giving up your existence -- you are dead, but your body is not.

Once your body is dead, it is too late for you to find yourself again. Turn your thoughts inwards and mean something to yourself; only then can you mean anything to the universe.

There is no life after death just as their is no life before birth. Try to imagine them: you cannot. They are both illusions to you. To think on them is the essence of waste.
>>
>>29967380

> A neckbeard virgin on /r9k/ knows the answer to the afterlife and consciousness more than the top scientists and philosophers

wew lad
>>
I don't want to die

but I want to painlessly get wiped from existence and be taken to the paradise afterlife
>>
whar are you a freaking normie? REEEEEEEEEEEE xD
>>
>>29967380
He who believes in Jesus shall not die. Amen. Case closed.
>>
>>29965875
Dude, you don't even have most of the same matter in you this year as you did last year. You aren't defined by physical matter. You are defined by electric information in your brain.
>>
There's no real empirical way to determine what happens to your consciousness after death. Other people can observe your brain stopping, but there's no way to know if that correlates to the end of your existence or not.

I think that's what makes it exciting: we have no idea what happens to us when we die. And even if it does mean your consciousness stops, well you won't be around to worry about that.
>>
>>29965429
God damn I just started watching that because I read this post. It's fucking amazing and well written and paced.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.