[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the idea of one world government still as controversial today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1411931075349.jpg (255 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1411931075349.jpg
255 KB, 1024x683
Is the idea of one world government still as controversial today as it was in the early 2000s (the zeitgeist/loose change era), or are people starting to wake up to its inevitability and necessity?

The problems we face today are global, and the relevance/usefulness of the nation state is rapidly dwindling

pic unrelated
>>
where is Snowden gonna run to in a One Worl Government?
>>
>>29964922
go back to /pol/ you fucking teen
>>
That is sure as shit not happening in your lifetime, boyo.
>>
>>29964922
>relevance/usefulness of the nation state is rapidly dwindling
t. Chaim
>>
>>29964922
absolute power will be abused, and this is why we need the nation states. if nobody keeps the next guy in check all hell will break loose, corruption will be terrifying compared to what it is today. no, a one world government will only end in disaster.
>>
>>29964922
the next economic transition is going to make centralized government impossible.
we are leaving the era of bulk capital consolidation and moving to a much more decentralized granular form where the productive power comes from smaller groups of individuals, and technological changes and propagate at rates no legislative body, or even theoretically perfect "enlightened tyrant", will be able to run a state as we currently consider them.
>>
>>29964998

exactly what i am saying

many small communities and one global body like the UN or EU to deal with things like climate change and fish stocks and natural monopolies etc that no single community can achieve alone

however, I am concerned about the probability of corruption now that it has been raised, and I don't really have a suggestion to fix it

but that doesn't mean the concept is dead, i don't have to come up with all the answers today
>>
>>29965057
>exactly what i am saying
>one global body
there isn't going to be a global body.
>>
>>29965080

there has to be, there cannot be full decentralisation as then nobody can address environmental issues and humanity will be destroyed
>>
>>29964922
HELLOOO OP?
BREXIT?
>>
>>29965109
>there cannot be full decentralisation
>the church will never lose Europe! it just can't happen!
your commitment to your religious tier fixation will only make this harder for you and those around you.
>>
>>29964922
I'm not letting them take muh guns
>>
>>29965080
>>29965109

governments today are simultaneously not big enough to address global problems whilst being too big to effectively govern on social issues

the answer therefor is to have both a bigger government and many smaller governments
>>
>>29965130

without a global watchdog how do you stop countries fishing the ocean empty, dumping toxic waste and polluting the atmosphere?
>>
>>29965139
>>29965109
>>29965163

You imply that small individual communities need a global government to tackle the global issues.

No they don't.

Share information freely, and everyone will decide to be eco-friendly/peaceful/equitable/etc. for and by themselves voluntarily.

And I mean SHARE INFORMATION FREELY for realzies. Not this power-grabbing censorship stuff.

eg. When the designs for more efficient farming are given away freely, and are Found! they'll be implemented by everyone. The only reasons to not charge for the BETTER is if you are being held back, held back by established institutions of power SUCH AS GLOBAL GOVERNMENT!
>>
>>29965185

no they won't as long as the old ways are more profitable
>>
>>29964922
People don't typically know, or want to know what goes on in bureaucracy and large scale logistics. A concentrated global group of power movers can only begin if there are enough supporters to manage the nightmare.

Shekelberg Inc's machinations towards their NWO will be a disaster for us no doubt, since their idea is to crash and burn, cut and run, then rebuild next generation. But if that's the sacrifice to placate 5 billion sandniggers, 5 billion pooniggers and 10 billion Ching Chongs then so be it.

The masses though generally dont care about numbers and ethics, morals and feelings are the only concern they are exposed to, so it will never come from a vote.
>>
>>29965190

>More profitable.

There lies the issue. "Who benefits?"

The rich get richer as Capitalism eats the world and shits out pollution.
The poor are keep repressed. If only they had the information they needed to self-empower their way out of their struggles and...

bored now. read Marx.
>>
>>29965264

the benefits of capitalism outweigh the costs

none of this technological change we are both so eager for can happen without the profit motive, and the free rider problem can be solved with regulation as long as there is a body capable of enforcing it, so why not just make one?
>>
The EU proves that a global government can never work.
>>
>>29965335

climate change proves that the nation state can never work
>>
No dystopian world government for me, thanks
>>
>>29964922
It's less likely than ever. Nationalism and regionalism are on the rise almost everywhere in the world.
>>
>>29964922

t. Soros
>>
>>29965264
The poor will choose national ties over Marxist "self-empowerment" every time. WWI proved that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.