[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the "stood up" meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
question for amerifags

filthy eurotrash immigrant here, why is it so commonly ok to be stood up by other people? i've lived here for nearly a decade now and time and time again i meet people who pretend to be overly happy to see me, even tell me they want to meet up and plan dates, and then they just don't fucking show up. i swear 90% of the time amerifags either just don't attend a planned meeting or make obvious excuses and lies about why they couldn't come.

>its because you're a beta and no one wants to deal with you

wrong, i've heard this is a common thing from amerifags themselves and my parents complain about it too

if you dont like someone or don't have the time, why pretend? this is the same dumbass logic that spawns "tell fat women to love themselves!" movements
>>
>>29963143
Never been stood up OP

Pathetic people lead pathetic lives I guess.
>>
I wouldn't stand you up OP
>>
>>29963143
OP, don't worry, I'd tell you I don't have time.
>>
>>29963143

>if you dont like someone or don't have the time, why pretend?

Here's some baseless speculation, because I don't have friends. When people make a dubious commitment in the first place, they do so because of some combination of the following:

desire to please / aversion from displeasing
desire to avoid conflict
peer pressure
making an excuse to avoid someone else, or planning for the possibility

I don't know if these are accurate, or if they are uniquely american.
>>
>>29963143
Come on, fake politeness is a crucial social skill for amerifags/brits/Ozzys.
If you'd rather like harsh, blunt and overly punctual people who tell you right off the bat that they don't like you, I recommend Germany. Hell, over here you wouldn't even ask an aquaintance of yours "How are you?" - you would simply nod in acknowledgement and go on.
>>
>>29963326
>I recommend Germany. Hell, over here you wouldn't even ask an aquaintance of yours "How are you?" - you would simply nod in acknowledgement and go on.
Whoa. I was born in the wrong country...
>>
>>29963326
Same here in swedenistan, just a nod and a smile, unless you are going the same direction but don't come here, unless you like not being safe at night
>>
>>29963489
>not being safe at night
Why's that? must be hard during winter i guess, with a maximum of 6 hours of light during the day
>>
>>29963435
Thats wrong, im german and >>29963326 is likely an autist with no friends, its r9k afterall.
I constantly talk with strangers and have strangers talk to me when standing in line somewhere or going for a walk.
That stereotype comes from us ignoring tourists/immigrants on purpose.
>>
>>29963143
You shoild talk to that bad posture thread guy, he could use a little avdice about standing up
>>
>>29963633
I admit it's exaggerated to a certain extend. Still it depends on where you live - In northern Germany many people could best be described as "cold", it's quite common not to inquire about anything personal. You, however, sound to me like a urban normie hipster fag with a wannabe left/alternative attitude, so please leave this board.
>>
they're a sociopathic lot

I also fell for the burgers are so free, friendly and cool meme lie. Their friendliness is rarely genuine and mostly there to feed their own egos to get that normie feel of being "out and about". They don't treat people as people unlike other cultures. The following exchange made me realize this farce

>Come across girl I've talked to occasionally on campus events
>She comes up to me with that generic burger how are you/what's up they always start their conversation with
>I respond with usual stuff
>After talking I ask her "So where you headed today" since she was obviously walking somewhere expecting some boring ass errands answer
>She gets frigid and says "None of your business"
>I'm weirded out considering she started the conversation with basically the same question
>Basically made a "the fuck is wrong with these people" face and walked away

She probably thought she was completely right and normal too because egotism and feeling never wrong is part of their psychopathy
>>
>>29964021
spot on comment.

Its sad, I want to break their minds so baaaad.
>>
>>29964021
>None of your business
This is never the right answer.
>>
>>29963633
>I constantly talk with strangers and have strangers talk to me when standing in line somewhere or going for a walk.

This. Where I'm from people greet each other, when hiking or do small talk on public transportation. Also, "Wie geht's?" ("How are you") is part of every conversation with acquaintances, family and friends.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.