[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an alcoholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 236x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 236x225
In the last two years my entire life has imploded. I'm 27 and have had issues with alcohol since I was 15. Somehow despite my alcohol issues I was able to start a relationship and maintain a job as a nightfil. But slowly things have started to fall apart I began losing friends as i'dact like a fuckwit while drunk. My mother doesn't have much to do with me and my sister and brother think I'm a dead shit so I have no support there. Last month I pushed my gf down stairs during a heated argument, she fractured her elbow and put charges against me we lived together so I had to move back with my alcoholic father. Two nights ago I was driving to work and got pulled over and blew over the limit so I've lost my licence and my job. I have to go to court for not only an assault charge but also drink driving I'm fucking terrified that I'll go to jail. Home life is shit my father is a silent barely existent man that drinks heavily. My only friend thinks I'm a peice of shit for assaulting my gf but instead of just saying it he had slowly backed of and barely talks to me. I've lost the love of my life, my home, licence and job. I can't go on anymore like this. But here I am drinking a glass of bourbon feeling pitiful as always. I have nowhere else to go for advice is there any one out there that has struggled with alcohol issues and overcame them? How do I even begin? I always get withdrawals after even 12 hours. There is no AA where I live (Rural Aus)

Brothers how did you do it I've never ever felt so god damn low.
>>
Oh pic related she sent me this 7 months ago while we were still together.
>>
At least get addicted to a better drug. What facet of drunkeness you enjoy, i promise you that opiates or stim do it better.
>>
>>29962276

looking for advice here shows how broken you are

leave this place, you can come back when you get better
>>
Just get drunk with your dad, regard it as father-son quality time.
Oh, and going to jail would probably put a halt to your drinking. Just sayin'
>>
>>29962276
slowly wean yourself off of alcohol

find a creative outlet to express yourself. pirate some music software, record videos, write, etc. reflect on what you're creating.

i found that reading about history, science, and other cultures helped me.
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (27 KB, 540x836) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
27 KB, 540x836
>>29962276
Hey friendo. It'll be alright pal. I was an alcoholic for over six years and recently quit drinking in early March. Like you I have a DUI (but your first one isn't a criminal offense and only a citation where I live) and was arrested for disorderly conduct when a girl I was fucking chased me around the house with a knife when she was on tweak. That got dismissed though.

I have to say that quitting alcohol is way easier than any other drug I ever had to quit, which is pretty much everything. I had ceased taking benzos a year ago and that withdrawal was the worst, easily. It made me hesitant to kick my alcohol habit, but I was surprised how easy it was. I took a bunch of phenibut to help with the withdrawal symptoms and diphenhydramine at night hoping to sleep. (For your first week off of alcohol you probably won't sleep more than an hour a night.) I wouldn't recommend AA. If anything going to AA made me want to drink more. And they are, as you likely suspect, pretty culty. You have to go one day without drinking, then force yourself to go two, and then a third, etc. It is true that you just have to take it one day at a time. Not long after I quit I became a much happier person, I've made myself proud of myself and I haven't done that in a long time.

Bad times don't last, bad guys do.
>>
>>29962602
Thanks for the decent reply anon. Who did you cope with withdrawals?
>>
>>29962740
Thanks man
That's a huge worry for me a few years ago I tried to give up when I met my gf but I didn't sleep for 3 nights ended up going fucking crazy. I might try and get some otc sleep meds to help this time
>>
>>29962593
Yep pretty broken brother. Came close to just ending it this morning when I seen rope in the back shed. Need better days, I come here because I have no support what so ever hopefully I can come back one day a new man full of life experience and help others
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.