[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that big budget movies are so poorly written and full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 650x366
Why is it that big budget movies are so poorly written and full of plot-holes?
>>
>>29962230
Because they haven't hired you to get the job done right
>>
The budget certainly isn't going to the writers.
>>
>implying they care about making good movies
>>
File: image.jpg (839 KB, 2000x2800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
839 KB, 2000x2800
>>29962264
If a humble NEET like myself gets frustrated at stupid character decisions and fudged explanations, I would expect a script which has undergone countless revisions to be somewhat sensical.

But I think >>29962279
is right.
>>
>>29962230
Because most normies only care about CGI. Vibrant colors and explosions and your movie is set.
>>
>>29962415
>undergone countless revisions
I think this is the biggest reason. There's so much money and so many people getting called and yelled at to change this change that and no one person really gets creative control so it ends up being a hodgepodge of special effects and various writers, people who aren't writers who want to change a scene, various things they need to have in the film like a romance and big spender scenes, etc.
In the end its a corporate venture so its not even art, its mostly the most generic possible thing to appeal to the most people. Look at the new TMNT movie, random black mad scientist. Why? Its progressive. Transformers had two random black hacker geniuses for no reason.
>>
>>29962230
Normies want explosions and dumb popcorn entertainment, not a good story. It's easier to just satisfy the ADHD kiddies
>>
>>29962230
Because if they know they're going to make money they'll cut corners.
See. The Hobbit, Skyrim, GoT etc
>>
who wants to make a movie? i'll be the director
>>
>>29962230
hollywood is all about who you know, not hiring the best person for the job. people fail upwards all the time.

go read the sony leaks if you don't believe me. it's astonishing how incompetent they are.
>>
>>29962230
because now we have whiney, self hating, white acting Jews rather than the old vaudeville Jews of 60 years ago who know how to fucking entertain. you can see the decline as the old ones retired and died out and everything got weaker generation by generation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.