[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your memories of 9/11 as it happened? Where from? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: timthumb.jpg (72 KB, 795x470) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
72 KB, 795x470
What are your memories of 9/11 as it happened?
Where from?
How old were you?
>>
>>29960647
I was real young. I can't remember much other than my mom coming into my room and going "Someone just crashed into the Twin Towers!"

I barely understood what that was supposed to mean, all I knew was I had to get up for school.
>>
>>29960647
I was actually in midtown Manhattan.
>>
was about to go outside to play with my friends, I was 13
>>
>>29960647
>5th grade
>intercom going off like crazy calling for a bunch of kids to go the office
>felt very strange
>walking to cafeteria for lunch and teacher is leaving the office crying
>get in cafe
>Principle explained that nothing big happened, but a "plane hit a building" and shrugged it off
>didn't really know the gravity of the situation until i got home and every single tv channel was either covering the attacks or went completely off broadcast (other than Nick and CN which were still airing cartoons)
>One kid thought it was the french because they wanted their statue of liberty back...kids are dumb
>>
I was in the second grade and the teacher would watch TV while we worked but this day she got a call from the office and turned the TV towards us to show us what was going on and she told us to get under our desks and we did for a bit then they let us go home for the day
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
watching TV with my mum and we flip over to CNN just in time to see the second plane hit live.
i was only 10 but i knew what was happening, definitely a HOLY FUCK moment.
and the 24 hour 9/11 news programs after were pretty comfy too.
>>
Was in college, coming home from class and my roomates were having a smoke in front of our house. They filled me in on what happend, we watched Fox news for the next several days straight. Oh, and the class I was coming home from was cultural anthropology. Worst class to have during an event like that. All we did for the next month was talk about Islam and it's culture. Get the test, MFW it was on aboriginal tribes in Africa.
>>
File: pollock-e1321407477271.jpg (2 MB, 2196x1347) Image search: [Google]
pollock-e1321407477271.jpg
2 MB, 2196x1347
>>29960647
>4th grade
>another teacher walks in class and speaks with our teacher
>leads class to school library
>principle addresses whole school, it's a small school
>tells it to us straight about what happened
>had no idea that the twin towers existed and when I did, they no longer did
>>
>>29960647
Honestly don't remember, was about 3 years old at the time
>>
File: t3rUr.jpg (176 KB, 550x427) Image search: [Google]
t3rUr.jpg
176 KB, 550x427
>>29960647
>11 years old
>At home waiting for the episode of DBZ
>The channel started a live coverage on the attack
>I waited a few minutes in denial
>I had to watch a huge building on fire instead
>I watched a plane flying in the other huge building
>I knew right then that they'd definitely not show my precious DBZ episode
>Got bored and went to school early
pic very related
>>
I was the pilot.
>>
>>29960647
>What are your memories of 9/11 as it happened?
Wanted to watch me some sweet Dragon Ball Z (which was broadcast in the evening at the time because it was considered too mature for a children's programme) when the programme was interrupted by the news which stayed on until I had to go to sleep. Was majorly annoyed at that because muh plot progression. My mother was close to tears though.

>Where from?
Germany

>How old were you?
>>
>>29960647
I was 4 and the only thing that I remember is not being able to go to the airport to just watch the planes take off. Fucking sand niggers.
>>
>8th grade English
>get called to principle's office for a phone call
>mother is hysterical, says I should come home early because there's been an attack
>tell her she's being stupid and I don't give a shit if some people died
>go back to class
>teacher interrupts class to tell everyone what's happening
>don't go home early
>feel bad for being such an edgelord to my mom
>>
I live in Bulgaria, so it was well past noon here when it was morning on the east coast of the United States. I was home, watching television when a news crawl appeared at the bottom of the screen saying that the US has been attacked. About 5 minutes later, the 3 major television stations ceased regular programming to broadcast the event. Even though I was 8 years old at the time, I knew shit was gonna go down. And man, was I right. Even in this irrelevant corner of the world, paranoia about terrorism ran high. The following months, we had regular evacuation drills in all schools and public buildings - even drills about what to do in case of a chemical, biological or nuclear attacks. Those were interesting times, to say the least.
>>
>>29961736
I live in America and we didn't do any of that shit.
>>
File: PATTLNK_842003_1910-3595_keys.jpg (17 KB, 345x324) Image search: [Google]
PATTLNK_842003_1910-3595_keys.jpg
17 KB, 345x324
>>29960647

>5th grade
>normal morning
>early release
>family is freaking out
>video games
>finally back to school days later
>nokias everywhere
>parents say I'm too young for cell phone
>become "that kid" who doesn't have a cell phone
>don't join the glorious nokia master race until years later
>>
>>29961779
Everyone here thought there was gonna be all out war with Islamic fighters when Osama Bin Laden threatened us for allying with Bush. I guess people couldn't tell the difference between guerilla fighters and a standing army.
>>
I was 23 when 9/11 happened tv had been on most of the night 5:30AM or so as I'm west coast MSNBC was on in the background slowly woke up and saw the building had been slammed into with the force of the plane
>>
>>29960647
>in 4th grade
>bunch of mexican kids make jokes about how they were the ones in the plane
>haev no idea what happened
>school assembly explaining what happened
>get home watch news playing it over and over
>no cartoons on
>>
>>29961637
This. I was older than you but loved watching planes at the airport. Fucking sand nigs ruined it. Assholes.
>>
>>29960647
I was home

in mexico

being 3 years old

watching it happen live on tv (According to my mama)
>>
File: proof of god.jpg (30 KB, 495x677) Image search: [Google]
proof of god.jpg
30 KB, 495x677
>how come those kids get to go home from school
>who cares if some gay ass buildings fell down
>I'm gonna play n64
>>
>>29960647
I was around 43, if I recall correctly. My little sister called me while I was at work and she was crying, telling me about what happened. I don't think I really felt anything in particular about it myself, I was just excited because I had the next few days off work for unrelated reasons.
>>
>>29960647
I was 11 in california. It was the only time I was allowed to watch tv before school. I went to school and told every how cool the explosions were.
>>
File: 1377609554589.jpg (19 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
1377609554589.jpg
19 KB, 200x219
Pretty much this for all Australian kids at the time
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.