[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 384x384
So im trying to become a normallord and get out of robohood.

Ive been going to the gym for 2 months consistently. Im not sure what i should be lifting for primarily speaking.
No one lifts for aesthetics anymore, that fad is gone since zyzz died.
I dont want to lift for strength because im not insecure enough to put my joints at risk when im 40

What should i lift for? don't get me wrong, i dont enjoy lifting that much. Id much prefer to play tennis, but since tennis is for losers i had no choice but to give it up if i want to step into normalhood.
>>
Dw guys. Ill ask on another forum. I expected too much from a bunch of college/uni students
>>
>>29959486
just lift for yourself i guess. It's a nice thing to have for setting short term goals and keeping track of progress. Boosts hormones and shit, don't wanna get too much into broscience though, but lifting does make you feel good. Pretty sure as long as you have good form, you won't get shitty joints when you get older. How is tennis for losers? Find some rich guys to play with, they might teach you a thing or two about being a normallord.
>>
>>29959792
I live in Australia. Tennis is considered a nerd/pussy sport so i stopped
>>
>>29959861
dude... just play if you wanna play. screw the haters man. You think billy gates stopped programmin cuz it was for nerds and pussies?
>>
File: 1452134080711.jpg (782 KB, 1577x1051) Image search: [Google]
1452134080711.jpg
782 KB, 1577x1051
>What should i lift for?
So you can rape whores and successfully procreate without becoming a normalfag.
>>
>>29959909
People like you are the types i would love to murder. You encourage people to do what they like simply because seeing them give up something invokes your own distaste of such a characteristic, yet at the same time you judge people for their preferences that you do not like and understand.
>>
File: endgame.jpg (110 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
endgame.jpg
110 KB, 640x640
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen.

>No one lifts for aesthetics anymore, that fad is gone since zyzz died.
99% of people at the gym have never heard of zyzz

>I dont want to lift for strength because im not insecure enough to put my joints at risk when im 40
This is arrogant as fuck. As if you'd ever even have the discipline to come close to lifting dangerous weights.

You're even worse than those retards who say they "don't want to get too bulky", as if they could if they tried. Stop pretending like you won't quit lifting in 6 months; you will never look good or be strong with your shitty attitude.
>>
>>29960022
It's kind of cute that you felt e need to post in my thread because the contents of my post teiggered you rather than posting something constructive.

you wont get far with that shitty attitude. Perhaps you should take your own advice?
>>
>>29960017
Being an insecure little bitch who quits things because of others' opinions is pathetic
>>
>>29960083
I'm triggered because it blows my mind people as pathetic as you can exist and still have a high opinion of themselves. I have already gotten far by lifting for 2.5 years and learning self respect.
>>
>>29960092
But you're projecting your own distaste and hypocrisy, which is even worse. Your opinion is worth nothing. It's like saying you want people to keep doing what you don't like just so you can continue being a pain because you want people to behave in a way which conforms your world view.

Let me guess, you dont fight someone unless you have a crowd surrouding you, and when you do fight someone you dont fight with the intent to kill because you're a child who only play fights

>killing is wrong muhhhh laws
Again, hypocrisy
>>
>>29960121
If someone as petty as you on /r9k/ has been able to lift for 2.5 years. It shouldn't far from impossible for me to also do the same.

it blows my mind people as pathetic as you can exist and still have a high opinion of themselves.
>>
File: 1411245634033.jpg (89 KB, 618x619) Image search: [Google]
1411245634033.jpg
89 KB, 618x619
>>29960083
>Not having the motivation to continue with something
>Asking a thread for advice anyway.

This poster:
>>29960121
Is right though.

If you honestly believe that 6 months is a long time to get started on something like this. You're horribly wrong.

Much like that Anon, It took me a very long time to get in shape. Asthma and self confidence were obviously factors, but I didn't let it stop me. I didn't see any significant effects to my health until roughly 7 months in. It only increased as I continued for another 2 years after that.

Things almost immediately went to shit after I stopped regularly exercising due to college and stress of working 30 hours while going to school full time.

It's a life style commitment.
OP, If you want to start posting buzzwords like Triggered and go full damage control, that's fine.
But don't expect help from Anons like >>29960121
Ever again.
>>
>>29960121

If you're posting on /r9k/ still, how far have you really gone?
>>
>>29960155
What the fuck are you even talking about dude. I've never been in a fight because I'm not a nigger. I don't think I've ever judged someone because of their hobbies, but I definitely do judge people if they're insecure with themselves. I think you have a lot of growing up to do mate.
>>
File: 1415515883719.png (446 KB, 463x634) Image search: [Google]
1415515883719.png
446 KB, 463x634
>>29960187
>Ask for advice
>Immediately reject the notion because other posters have taken the effort to do something and stuck to it

You can't ask for help and then immediately tell the people trying to help you to fuck off.
Real life isn't like 4chan.
If you can't start here, you won't stand a chance.

t. Brutally Honest.
>>
>>29960224
you were incorrect in your assumptions. I never said I wasn't motivated. Perhaps you shouldn't miscontrue other peoples post before replying because that only highlights your own bias.

Sorry that you feel so much self importance that you typed as much as you did. Im also sorry at i only read half of what you typed.

There are times when a person has to decide what to read and what to ignore. Your exaggerated sense of self-importance is something you might want to work on
>>
>>29960238
>get out of work a couple hours early
>walk into my apartment in the heart of the city after hitting the gym
>for the first time in 2 weeks, have some extra time after the gym and working on my projects
>gf sends me a snap that reminds me of 4chan
>go on /fit/ for about 30 mins
>"I wonder if people still talk about Erica on r9k, haven't been there in a couple months"
>this is the first thread I see
>get triggered
>>
>>29959486
You're never going to stop being a robot if you don't get over being a bitchy faggot first

>no one lifts for aesthetics
>implying strength is a fad
Muscles are attractive, so is being in shape.

>joints at risk when im 40
Then don't try to become a body builder. Exercise is good for your body in almost every conceivable way.

>tennis is for losers
Tennis is for people who want to play it you fucking asshole. If you want to play it, play it.
"Normalhood" isn't about evolving into some cookie cutter model of a person. If that's what you're trying to become, you're better off just being a robot. Lift because it's good for you, it'll make you look good, and it'll make you feel good. Or, play tennis. Exercise is exercise, so long as you get enough.
>>
>>29960287
Then at the same time you are wrong about me too. Perhaps you're so blinded by your own bias you're no longer being consistent with your posts. You backpedal too much. How can i believe anything you say? I can't. Therefore i have no need for you here any longer as further post by you will only be rejected by me.
>>
>>29959486
>lifting for Zyzz

Don't you realize that having a reason is just placebo?
>>
>>29959486
Gymbro here
I've been lifting for quite a few years now, and I promise you it will not lead to a social life. Of you want a gf, talk to girls. If you want to make friends, go to parties. If you want to move out of mommy's house, get a decent job. The best way to solve problems is to attack them head on.
>>
>>29960334
Were you not aware of your own hypocrisy in telling people what to do by telling people to do what they like to do? Your bias is truly a shame. Im sorry i dont conform to YOUR cookie cutter world view.
>>
>>29960385
Good advice for people who needs to know, but unfortunately thats not what my post is asking.
>>
File: alex.jpg (16 KB, 270x480) Image search: [Google]
alex.jpg
16 KB, 270x480
Lift so you can get swole enough to pull off an alex cosplay
Go to a con and power bomb all the cosplay pussy you could want, because you'll be so high on the attractiveness scale that the girls will be the ones having to awkwardly approach you and spill spaghetti
at least, that's my plan
>>
File: 1452283164050.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1452283164050.jpg
247 KB, 1224x1445
>>29960392
CHECK MATE ATHEISTS i guess
>>
>>29960017
whoa whoa buddy, cool it with the threats! do i gotta get a moderator to sort this out!
>>
File: 1420438903307.jpg (149 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1420438903307.jpg
149 KB, 2048x1152
>>29960296
That's fine.
I was a stubborn ass too. I've gone through too much shit you "robots" wouldn't even begin to handle or cope with properly.

I've been in and out of the hospital since birth. They even had a fucking priest come and baptize me in the fucking incubation because they all assumed I wasn't going to live past 2 weeks.

I've gone through too much shit. I know better. I know that time can change people. You're no different. I can't even assume you're going to fully read this.

Do you really need to even ask why you need to start motivating yourself to exercise? Do you really need guidance from someone on the internet? Do you REALLY need someone to tell you to make your body better?

The short answer is no.

Have a look at this
>>29960287

Things happen.
People change.
They have different reasons for motivation.

Mine? The asthma attacks that plagued me from birth until high school. I was in and out of the hospital more times than I can remember, and I finally got sick of it and took the steps to never have that happen again.
>>
Just read theough the thread. Any notice how passive-aggressive op is? He will never make it with that attitude
>>
>>29960467
Okay. So you typed a lot of words without saying anything at all. I didn't ask for your back story. What's with your overly high sense of self-importance? I don't care for your backstory. Why do you think i or anyone else would care? If you want to use my thread as a foothold for your own blogpost or stories, please don't do that. If you cannot answer my thread then don't, but you probably wont listen because you just feel so important that you have to make your presence known in somebody elses thread.

Again, dont do that.
>>
>>29960424
Seems like it's what you needed to hear. You might as well just do strength training. It'll help you put on mass and make you look like less of the bitch you are.
>find max for deadlift, bench, and squat
>work between 75 and 95 percent of max for 3-6 reps
>eat enough calories so that you see yourself consistently gain weight
Do minimally these 3 basic exercises with stretching, cardio, and core work to see gains of as much as 25 lbs of muscle within the first year
Then just start eating less while still working out until you find a maintainable diet with a physique you are satisfied with
>>
>>29960605
I just said i dont want to lift for strength. Im sure you read this, why do you still suggest i lift for strength? If you cant give the advice other people are asking for, why do you bother? Again, please do not use other people's thread as a foothold for forcing your own world view into other people's throats, if you cant help it please do not post in my thread.
>>
File: 1432188924004.gif (32 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1432188924004.gif
32 KB, 192x256
>>29960560
Blogpost?
Blogpost....

Mate you don't even understand.
I've given you the tiniest glimpse into my life.
I merely told you what happened to me in order to obtain the motivation I needed.

Blogpost.
You have no fucking idea.
That was maybe 17 sentences.
That's what, 2 and a half college paragraphs?
You call that a blog post?

Get over yourself.
>>
>>29960605
Again, good advice but misguided nonetheless.
>>
>>29960698
What do you mean get over yourself? You come to another persons thread using it as a foothold for your own "glimpse" into your life as if it were your blog.

The person who needs to get over themselves is you.
>>
File: Here's your reply.png (246 KB, 523x346) Image search: [Google]
Here's your reply.png
246 KB, 523x346
>>29960678
That Anon LITERALLY gave you the absolute basics. He didn't even get into protein intake, the types of proteins you need to eat, proper hydration, or the muscle groups that are associated with the exercises he did bring up.

He scraped the literal tip of the iceberg.
7 sentences.
And to be clear, you did ask for this advice.
You even said RIGHT IN FUCKING HERE: >>29959486
That you've only gone to the gym for 2 months.
2 months? That is fucking Nothing.
Anons in this thread have been lifting for 2 fucking years.

Stop backpedaling
Stop making excuses
>>
>>29960781
You know, from experience if i have to repeat my same previous post more than twice it means the other person is very likely just taking me for a ride i.e. Trolling.

You got me anon. Epic troll. Nicely played. Now please go away. You got me okay? Now please take your ad hominem and strawman trolling tactics to your next thread.

Here's another (you)

Fucking waste of tIme
>>
>>29960829
Let me ask you, are you this arrogant, obnoxious, up his own arse in person?
>>
>>29959486
>I want to become normal
>how about I lift things off of the ground, that will do it
do beta really think this way?
why do betas alwy
>>
File: 1461801698268.png (922 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461801698268.png
922 KB, 900x1000
>>29960829
Holy fuck,
Mate.

Let's get one thing clear.
You have people giving you advice.
Not only in different formats, but for different reasons as well and you deflect it for no fucking reason.

>Now please go away. You got me okay?

Figures you're giving up already.
There's a whopping 40 fucking posts in this thread and you're already going full damage control.

Unbe-fucking-lievable.
Can you tell me how big your vagina is?

Because it seems you don't even have the balls to take advice in THE VERY FUCKING THREAD YOU CREATED.
>>
>>29960916
Telling you to take your trolling escapades elsewhere is not giving up

Another (you). (You) earned it. You're going to tell me you were only pretending right?
>>
>>29959486
Instead of going to the gym, get a gigantic tractor tire, put it in your backyard, and excersise this way:
>flip the tire
>leap into the center of the tire then leap immediately out
>run around to the back of the tire
>flip the tire
>rinse repeat
Do this back and fourth once each once a day, and swim. You'll be strong as a fucking beast dude.
>>
>>29960951
Don't forget about hit the tire with a hammer.
>>
>>29960678
I have you a guide for putting on muscle through strength training. If you don't want to get strong or put on muscle, why lift?
>>
>>29961086
Keep replying

Kjt
>>
>>29961170
You don't want to train for stength.

You don't want to train for aesthetics (which involves training for strength btw).

You also don't seem to want anyone to give you advice.

What's even the point of this thread then? Did you make a thread solely to tell people to fuck off and stop posting in your thread?
>>
File: wearedifferentpeople.png (642 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
wearedifferentpeople.png
642 KB, 1440x1440
>>29961170
Hopefully pic clears things up. Why don't you answer my question anon, I'm trying to help you. What is your goal?
>>
>>29959486
Tone up and gain a little mass. You don't have to put your joints at risk if you practice proper form and pick exercises that aren't as hard on them. Also, don't push yourself to extreme weights to keep it safe. I have genetically defective shoulders and an old shoulder dislocation injury to boot, lifting and being careful actually helped me recover. I'm getting close to being able to confidently call myself fairly strong again.
>>
>>29959486
the man in da mirra
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.