[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard to make friends? I just can't seem to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_10531-images(4)-756197299.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10531-images(4)-756197299.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Why is it so hard to make friends? I just can't seem to navigate the social dynamic to get what many people describe as true friends.I have"friends" on Facebook I try to invite people to hang out and do things. Usually they read the message and never reply. A few actual friends, or rather the closest I have, only seem to want to meet up once every 3-4 weeks. I'll try talking to them about shit going on in my life and they respond with shitty unrelated memes. We've known eachother for 2 years and know very little about eachother. They've never introduced me to their other social circles. I just don't get it, how can I make friends that seem to want my company?
>>
File: loneliness.jpg (972 KB, 3858x2801) Image search: [Google]
loneliness.jpg
972 KB, 3858x2801
Have you tried blowjobs?
Joking aside I'm pretty much in the same boat it seems like a lot of people are just judgemental pricks and they're gonna go talk shit about you or something you said behind your back to someone else. Noticed a lot of normies seem to have like one or two primary friends, and maybe a few sycophants that tag along once in a while.
>>
>>29957381
Yea, I've found these friends seemingly bad mouthing me to others, basically knocking me down, I'm not sure why.I'm already at the bottom of social ladder.
>>
>>29957266
Exact same situation OP. I just detatched myself from social connection after that shit because it wan't taking me anywhere anyway, They invite you out like once every 2 months and are fickle when it comes to having reliable friendships. sucks man.

i think you have to be sort of alpha and likable/ funny if you want friends that will legitimately want to hang out with you. people keep saying to start out by going to clubs/ events where you may find people with common interest and start up conversation.
>>
>>29957477
Yep. Back when I use to be more social I noticed people would ask me loaded questions about others like some of my friends. Took me a while to realize I needed to take a look at myself.
Can't tell you what the deal with other people is, if you're a dude you can be around for a long time and most people won't be interested in being your friend. Why I mostly withdrawed from forums and shit. Don't need people anon creeping on things I wrote just to look for ammo to use against me easily accessible and laid out for them. Besides fuck those people that think they're too good to talk to me face to face and can only spare a few moments to write some half assed reply, stuck up jackasses.

I don't know what you mean about social ladders? Like I said before most people only got one or two friends they both think 'fuck everybody else' because they're egotistical and think they're better than pretty much everybody.

Probably doesn't help I got a professional job and avoid putting my picture up online or what I'm up to but I did that before I was a pro anyway.
>>
>>29957559
I'll have to keep trying I guess, I'm back on an antidepressant, I'm hoping it will help with some anxiety I have in social situations so I can try finding new social circles. Im not angry that these friends don't want to hang out with me. They aren't obligated too, but I'm not gonna carry on being their last resort for hanging out. I like to think I have more respect than that. I'd rather have no friends actually then these pseudo relationships that I can't get a read on, even after 2 years.
>>
>>29957708
I very rarely make posts on facebook, cause usually it would just be about things I am song alone.,I think it's obvious that I have nearly no social circle. That's what I mean about being on bottom of social ladder.
>>
>>29957832
I am doing alone I mean
>>
>>29957832
Oh right I've heard of a social ladder before. I just tend to forget about some concepts I don't necessarily agree with.
Yeah I don't see the point of facebook. People were just telling me I should do something that I couldn't manage to do on my own. Although I did manage to do it for a while after.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.