[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
found out ive been doing pushups all wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (55 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55 KB, 472x472
wanting to get better sobi can join the army, i got to 43 and then watched videos and they only count pushups where your arms form an arrow bot a t
>been doing t shaped ones
>cant hardly do the arrow ones
>godammit
any advice
>>
>>29956701
>where your arms form an arrow bot a t
nigga what
>>
>>29956701
stop shilling and baiting for failed normies to join your degenerate war machine
>>
>>29956701
Might get a better response from /fit/
>>
File: image.png (389 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
389 KB, 1024x768
>>29956817
this is appearantly the correct way
>>
Hands around three feet apart are the only push ups.
>>
>>29956865
how is that possible without snapping your wrists or is this just confusing looking?
do you position your hands in some fancy way?
how come whenever I see military ads/stuff they're always doing normal pushups and not those arrow ones?
>>
>>29956701
arrow shape is easier. i'm surprised you can get to 43 t-shaped. you're probably just overthinking the whole arrow shape thing and putting your hands too close together. doing them arrowshaped is completely natural if you don't think about it and just try and pound out as many pushups as you can. unless you're totally uncoordinated you will unconsciously start making the corrections needed to pull your arms down into their natural gait for your shoulders.

t. guy who could never get past 30 pushups until i fixed my form

what mos you going for, btw?
>>
>>29956985
good point, ive been doing pushups today and that might be why im having trouble doing them now. i am interested in 88w working with trains but im not 100% yet, i need to get in better shape
>>
>>29956701
Military here. I share a base with the Army and Air force

Both of their PTs (physical training) are a joke. any robot here can make it. just be prepared to be treated like absolute shit and throw away your common sense because the military does things in the most bizarre and inefficient ways possible
>>
Sorry for bothering you boys with this, but in 100% sincerity: 6 million didn't die, there were no gas chambers, and there was no governmental genocide program in the holocaust. Here's two good documentaries on the issue (one is made by a jewish man). And beneath those links is a link to a proxy that will let you bypass governmental censorship of this information.

David Cole in Auschwitz (1hr)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjNs-Ght8s

Auschwitz - Why The Gas Chambers Are A Myth (1hr)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruD4I4f5LkQ

Proxy
http://www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php

If you're not up for a one-hour documentary, here is 5 minute clip of a priest explaining his disbelief in the holocaust legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C9BuXe2RM

About the proxy: Many governments around the world consider questioning the historical evidence of the holocaust as tantamount to the advocation of genocide and murder, and actively seek to suppress such information. US free speech laws prevent this from happening there, so paste the youtube link into the field on the proxy's webpage, and set the server to a US location. You can then view the censored video on that webpage
>>
>>29957049
beta tier question i know but how many pushups and situps should i do before talkibg to a recruiter and i cant tun more than 5 minutes without walkibg but i have ran about an 18:30ish 2 mile (is that total shit, i know thats not passing) wouldni have a hell of a bad time going into basic like that? also how bad is basic? it seems like a real pussy thing to say but the whole screaming in in your face seems awful. thanks.
>>
File: 20160713_141740[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160713_141740[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29957118
Yeah thats not a good time. But i had a program that got me from where you are(15 minutes for a mile and a half) to running 1.5 miles in 10 minutes.

its called c 2 5k and when you beat that you can download C 2 10k

anyways the first couple of weeks are the hardest. THEY WILL break you mentally and you will question yourself many a time. But you will get used to it and after a while you will have fun and develop a very special love hate relationship with your comrades.

Also even if you are not fit they will hold you there and give a million tries to get fit before they kick you out. But i advise to get fit before so you wont have to stay any longer than you have to.
>>
File: 20160713_141513[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160713_141513[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29957118
>>29957118

Oh yeah and for push ups. Im 20 and it depends on your age.

So the minimum for me was 38 push ups and 45 sit ups (not too sure but its close)

Army might be a bit higher idk
>>
>>29957307
thanks man, out of curiosity though how many can you do
>>
File: 2016-07-14 21.12.51.png (684 KB, 1051x865) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-14 21.12.51.png
684 KB, 1051x865
>>29957539
Lets see... last prt i did i got 51 push ups and 69 sit ups

My run time was 10:52 for a mile and a half

Good luck to you bro. hooah
>>
>>29957627
Why is your upper body shit and your run time fantastic?
>>
>>29957627
>>29957686
Oh nevermind, I saw it was a mile and a half, I'm used to army tests
>>
File: person2.jpg (12 KB, 326x226) Image search: [Google]
person2.jpg
12 KB, 326x226
>>29957686
Cause i hate push ups and sit ups(lifting in general) and love cardio.
>>
>>29957627
so you are in the coast guard im guessibg? my friend is at cape may now, in a month ot so ill get to talk to hin again. do you like it? also do you have to be oc peppersprayed at your first base?
>>
File: sharksailors.png (230 KB, 800x766) Image search: [Google]
sharksailors.png
230 KB, 800x766
>>29957800
Navy. As far as pepperspray it depends on what you are doing. Im a corpsman that went through FMTB (combat medic) so yeah i did and i would rather be shot desu.

I like it. Its really humbling work. I went from taking care of vets at the VA to caring for my Marines.

90% of it is gonna suck. BUT the 10% makes up for it.
>>
>>29956701
Use the arrow
Keep arms at sides
Imagine you are a bridge between feet and hands, put pressure on entire body
Tense up core
Do 200 per day, no matter how many sets it takes
>sauce, 110 push 2 min
>>
>>29957745
Because everyone that can run in the Army is a shrimp dick DYEL faggot like this guy.

On my end, I max out push ups and sit ups (75 and 82 in 2 mins) but my run time is shit at 15:00. But then again I have muscle and its noticeable.
>>
>>29957686
>That
>Fantastic
T. 7:50
>>
>>29958672
Shit, didn't see mile and a half. Thought it said 2.

Lmao what the fuck bro, go do more PT.

>>29958744
This.
>>
>>29956701
It probably still helped you. It's not like you have to start over.
>>
>>29956701

If you go enlist (no idea if you're old enough) during the period from your initial swear-in at MEPS to the point where you ship off to basic the recruiter's office should be running poolee functions to help get you in shape. If nothing else, the Army recruiters themselves have to work out a bunch, so should be willing to include you.

If they send you downrange but you get kicked out of basic because you can't pass physical minimums, that's a negative for the recruiter's monthly quotas.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.