[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/, I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (17 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17 KB, 1200x1200
Hey /r9k/, I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel. I'm not going to link it here because I'm not some spamming faggot, though.

My question is, what's a good current niche to latch onto and get a decent viewership right off the bat? Pokemone Go is popular but way too saturated.
>>
Join BLACKED instead and get fucked by huge black cocks, BBC is the hot new trend
>>
>>29955295
Talk about your robot life and talk about how much better you are than chad and that women are all whores
>>
>>29955295
Just do what you enjoy, or else you'll quit in a video or two.
>>
>>29955392
YeahI mean I'm thinking I'd enjoy making most videos. I'll probably do a parody video of that anime guy that take Filthy Frank seriously. If I get a response video from him then I'll have tons of subscribers and views.
>>
>>29955295
If you're asking this question your youtube channel will never succeed
>>
>>29955295
im thinking about making one too

just gotta get a job first though
>>
>>29955320
This. Review blacked videos and be as descriptive as possible
>>
>>29955295
minecraft
Organ
>>
Post videos of you sneezing in different places
>>
>>29955439
Obviously I wouldn't do a niche I hate. I'm looking for an enjoyable one.

>>29955502
The Minecraft ship sailed off long ago. Every kid with a shitty mic and 20 fps gameplay wants to show off his epic faction raid.
What's this "organ" you speak of?
>>
>>29955521
That could actually have meme potential, HowToBasic actually started off posting dumb tutorials. Like, "How to Open a Door" and he would literally just open a door. Eventually he upgraded to making messes and he probably makes enough from ad revenue to hire a cleaning crew after he finishes each video.
>>
>>29955588
Dubtripdubs, holy shit.
>>
Same boat as OP. I'm thinking of doing Pokemon Go vids anyway, even though all the big channels probably took away the views for them anyway.
>>
Bamp. I need some juicy ideas.
>>
How many views do you thinka Filthy Frank clone would make?
>>
>>29955295
Question, if you are successful at YouTube, does that mean you're no longer a robot? I mean you're not a normie and definitely not a Chad but I feel like it bumps you up a little.
>>
SJW seems to be going well right now. Just pretend to be a multi-dimensional genderqueer asexual and talk about your struggles. Connect with the fellow queer community by doing collaborations, incite drama and throw in the occasional controversial video and shill it on /pol/. Extra fun if you could reveal it was just an act at the end.
>>
>>29957526
Idk man, it seems like SJWs are losing popularity, or at least opposition to them is gaining popularity.
>>
>>29955295

Getting good audio recording equipment is a good start. Then you move onto getting a good video editing software. Then you move to getting a better camera.

Also your computer should be able to handle rendering a HD video while you do other stuff. Your computer should be able to streaming a game at high settings.
>>
>>29957722
My computer is good enough for now (i7 and GTX 760) and if there is a niche enough game I'll make a video about it.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure if gaming is the best route for a channel. It's definitely a hard category to stand out in and get views right off the bat, usually these chanels slowly build a fanbase. The only reason I mentioned Pokemon Go is that normies really love it right now and it sounds like a decent way to get viewers but it's so popular that any small channels hoping to get big on it would have had to have access to some beta version, and you know companies give those out to the big channels anyway.
>>
>>29957722
>>29957995
Also, I don't have top of the line equipment, but I'm thinking my iPad would be good enough for now for a video like this >>29955435
right?

>inb4 iCuck

I know I know, but my parents bought it for me as a gift and I wasn't going to turn it down.
>>
>>29955731
Git gud and take as many gyms as you can. People would want to watch if you're a legend.
>>
>>29955295
Whatever you choose to do, I hope you fail you piece of trash.
>>
>>29958049
Why m8?

>comment was not original
>>
>>29955295
Do hood pranks maaaaaaan.
>>
>>29957346
I think it makes you a failed normie.
>>
>>29958076
Because I hate the people on this board as much as I hate normies. Different kinds of poison, both equally bad.
>>
>>29958036
What do you like besides that? You could do LPs of games that come out this fall (Skyrim Remastered, Dishonored 2, etc.) Guaranteed views.
>>29958049
wow rude
>>
>>29955295
Talk about current happenings while doing random shit that you enjoy like playing video games, drawing, solving rubik's cubes, etc.
>>
>>29958712
Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm statistically likely to fail.
>>
>>29955439
He'd fail regardless

YouTube fucked its own community so hard that making shitty, quick and easy to make lets plays and whatever the fuck leafyishere makes is the way to success. Unless you already have a big fanbase from before
>>
>>29959243
A lot of Youtube is luck and doing something first.
>>
>>29959063
I guess I could, but so many let's play channels tend to stay let's play focused, and I've noticed a few YouTubers have a designated gaming channel. For now I'm trying to maintain 1 channel. Honeslty I like parodying things so I was thinking of doing stuff like that, but since TV shows and the big ones are already parodying current events, I feel like I could start off small by parodying that anime guy that's gotten some attention recently.
http://youtu.be/ZMLR_oti07A

He takes Filthy Frank seriously and even if he now realizes that it's supposed to be satire, he probably enjoys the views it gets him. There's so much to pick apart from this guy, because in this video he keeps calling Frank and Max pedos (despite the description of the Filthy Frank video saying they never called the guy a pedo for real). In another video he takes weeaboo criticism waaayy too seriously. And possibly the biggest of all is the video where he reacts to an animation based off a Frank video that was totally fanmade. He kept getting angrier and angrier at Frank despite the fact that he didn't even make the video, so he didn't do any research before uploading his reaction. The best part? Dude has his shirt off in that video of him reacting to the fanmade animation, and he's got no muscle at all. I won't dwell on that too much in my parody I think, but I'll definitely take my shirt off and "react" to that part just for keks. I feel liek if I work on the pacing and the jokes and throw in a bit of improved lines, I can make a decently funny video. Also, if he sees and makes a "response video," that's more publicity for me.
>>
>>29959260
Or just following a trend or complaining about something

Almost all of GradeAUnderAs drama videos have been shit he started by yelling at other people or getting into other people's business. Ethan of H3H3 has been nothing but complaining for a while
>complains about his phone service not have decent security
>executive CEO of sprint of whatever phone service he's using actually comes out and says "okay we realize our problems, let's help you out"
>Ethan gets hacked
>Bitches like a baby and shows everyone his chat with the executive saying "LOOK THEY ARENT WILLING TO HELP BECAUSE GUIDELINES"
>Gets called out
>Deletes everything
>>
>>29959243
Jesus fuck Leafy makes a ton of money for doing jack-shit. Is this estimation really accurate?
>>
File: image.png (608 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
608 KB, 2048x1536
>>29959460
Forgot picture

>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>29959460
>>29959502
You underestimate the amount of children who don't do shit all day and a man who uploads everyday who's videos take less then minimal effort to make
Hell, YouTube passed this rule where you can't criticize people anymore i.e.make fun of others, and that's all Leafy does
You think YouTube is gonna mess with that money maker?
>>
>>29959606
Wait what is the rule? Would that get me in trouble here >>29959413 ?
>>
File: image.png (216 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216 KB, 2048x1536
>>29959606
Also, are you talking about hate speech? Because I think if so then I'm in the clear. >>29959413
>>
>>29959502
Leafy is what, 20? Can you imagine making that much at 20? I can't say that I'm not jealous.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.