[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't help but feel we're heading towards something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 628x628
I can't help but feel we're heading towards something huge.

Like, a truck drives through a crowd in France. Already people are trying to attach their own politics to it, and it's poised to become not much more than another talking point.

People are so busy trying to project their personal politics on to it, and I think a lot of it has to do with the Election Year.

When these kinds of tragedies are starting to become an everyday occurrence, you have to think: Are we too busy trying to prove which side is right that we're blind to the fact that millions are dying at an alarming rate?

What happens when we hit some sort of boiling point? What happens when there's a tragedy that can't be politicized and argued to oblivion? Will it be too late, and we immediately move into Mad Max territory worldwide?
>>
That's deep man, just like the gondolas in your picture
>>
File: justwatchingbritaincollapsing.png (148 KB, 764x876) Image search: [Google]
justwatchingbritaincollapsing.png
148 KB, 764x876
yeah but mudslimes are still to blame
>>
>>29954901
150,000 people died today, and roughly the same number will die tomorrow. Nobody gives a shit when there aren't sensationalist headlines around. Those getting all worked up are the ones with shitty lives looking for people to hate.
>>
>>29954901
>What happens when there's a tragedy that can't be politicized and argued to oblivion?
Literally cannot happen, everything is politicised nowadays, we need more people who don't give a shit about this kind of stuff
>>
>>29954901
I love that album
>>
File: 3f9.gif (2 MB, 675x473) Image search: [Google]
3f9.gif
2 MB, 675x473
>>29954901
Stop drinking the mass media's kool-aid

The world has literally never been safer, we used to drop atomic bombs on people, we used to rape and pillage entire continents, we used to have people fight to death and be eaten by wild animals for the entertainment of masses.

The world is not ending.

I look outside my window and all I see is the sun setting and tree branches & leaves waving in the wind. Birds are singing. It's peaceful.

I go almost anywhere online and turn on the TV and it's OMG DEATH DESTRUCTION WAR ISSUES THAT HAVE DIRECT CONSEQUENCE ON YOUR LIFE SENSATIONALISM UP YOUR ASS
>>
>>29954993
Maybe it was someone trying to catch pokemon
>>
This may be a commonly used argument for this, but it's (at least in part) do to SJW's.

Ever since the rise of PC culture, people are becoming more and more afraid to be offensive to other people, and therefore people try to rationalise things in a way as to not offend other people (See: NotAllMuslims, BlackLivesMatter, etc). Even those who are against PC culture have to slowly accommodate to it since the majority of people follow it and it becomes the norm.

A good example of this is when that guy shot up Pulse in America. A few days after people found out he was a Muslim, the number of people claiming to be "LGBT + MUSLIM" increased. This is because people wanted to try and make other people happy by saying "Look, you can be both. Not all Muslims are anti LGBT".

People are starting to care about other people too much to the point where they can't deal with the underlying problem. They just try and make people feel better about what happened.
>>
>>29955198
Look at him. The idiot can't even look past his own nose. Everything's fine outside his window, so that means everything's fine everywhere! Unless the sky outside is quite literally raining nuclear warheads, Anon is unconcerned. He blindly insists, "Everything's fine, everything's peaceful!" and finds superiority in his complete inability to keep up with even the most basic of global affairs. Unless something affects him in the present so bluntly that even he cannot deny it, then it doesn't exist in his world.

You moron. You pitiful, retarded fucking moron.
>>
>>29955198
I don't agree that it's 100% mass media brainwashing, but that plays a huge factor.

We probably wouldn't hear about the truck had it not been in France or any other predominantly white country.
>>
>>29955683
About a week after Pulse got shot up, some guy in Germany went into a theatre and shot it up. As far as I can remember, they both got a similar score but the news didn't care about the one in Germany since the guy got killed within half an hour by German swat.

Even though they're reporting horrible shit, it's still good for news networks since more news and more views.
>>
>>29955198
>I go almost anywhere online and turn on the TV and it's OMG DEATH DESTRUCTION WAR ISSUES THAT HAVE DIRECT CONSEQUENCE ON YOUR LIFE SENSATIONALISM UP YOUR ASS

Are you fucking retarded? Objective reporting on terrorist attacks in fellow first world countries isn't sensationalist when they're literally just saying what happened.

>b-but people wouldn't have cared if this had happened in some dessert in the ME
No, people fucking wouldn't have, just like if you woke up one morning to a piece of shit in your toilet, you wouldn't care, but you woke up to a shit on your kitchen table, you're concerned.

The amount of ignorant edginess in this post is astonishing.
>>
>>29955775
i looked it up and this guy injured no one but himself. unless you can link me to a different story, you're just wrong.
>>
>>29956601
I'm too lazy to look it up and I'm not bothered about being wrong but I specifically seeing a Sky News update saying at least 50 injured.
>>
>>29954901
We're heading for a soft landing a la "The Camp of the Saints". Life will become short, meaningless and brutal once again for most.
>>
>>29955380
This post is written-poorly, yet funny.

>>29955683
>We probably wouldn't hear about the truck had it not been in France or any other predominantly white country.
Check.
>>
>>29955198
The previous century saw the greatest amount of human suffering in all of history. This one will be worse than that.
>>
File: 1459167551455.png (84 KB, 360x345) Image search: [Google]
1459167551455.png
84 KB, 360x345
>>29955198
>we used to rape and pillage entire continents
>we used to have people fight to death

>used to
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.