[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else have this problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Drunk Depression.jpg (10 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
Drunk Depression.jpg
10 KB, 224x217
>can talk to someone you just met just fine for like 10 minutes max
>After that 10 mins you've completely run out of things to talk about
>mind goes completely blank from there on out

I'm worried that even if i did start dating for the first time the same thing will happen.
>>
I run out of things fairly quickly, but to be fair, no-one even tries to keep up the conversation. Why should I be the only one trying?
>>
>>29953610
Why are you talking to the people that you are?
What is it that you are talking to them about?
Who are these people to you? Colleagues, associates, friends, strangers, 'cellmates'?

When I talk to someone new, there is usually a reason, mainly to conduct business with or to make a social arrangement with. It has taken a long time to build relationships with the people whom I get along with, a very long time, and there are still occasionally silences. However, over the months and years I've known my acquaintances, we've gradually relaxed, we tell jokes, discuss nonesense, have (soft) drinks over a meal on occasion.

There is a saying. "You are only as bored, as you are boring."
>>
I shit I cant even talk to someone more than 2 minutes without making it awkward. I blame it on having no friends and constant bullying throughout my school years?
>>
>>29953554
Same problem for me. I then hope that another person will have something to say. If they don't, then I just cut contact off with them and never talk to them again
>>
>hi
>hi
>how are you?
>fine, you?
>fine
>...
>...
>>
>>29953783
>Why are you talking to the people that you are?
They're classmates.

>What is it that you are talking to them about?
Since we don't know eachother, the usual you know. But since I'm the only one having to ask questions, it's clear no one is interested.
>>
I haven't really had a chance to put it into practice, but in a recent small-talk seminar we had to take, the instructor told us to lead the conversation away from the factual and to the emotional side of things.

Sure, you can only talk so long listing the things you did in summer etc. but you can fill out the conversation by asking them how they feel about things, so when they tell you they visited Spain for vacation, don't ask which place they have been, but how they feel about Spain, how is it different from their homeplace, what was their favourite impression, what are the people like etc. No idea if this is useful to you.
>>
>>29953554
The best trick if you're struggling, is to ask the other person what they're passionate about.

They'll probably have to think about it, but if you hit the right subject you can usually get the person talking about something they really enjoy talking about.

That being said, some people just suck.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.