[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You have to love yourself before you can expect anyone to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
>You have to love yourself before you can expect anyone to love you
>And what if I don't love myself?
>Then work at making yourself someone you can love

JUST MAKE YOURSELF A BETTER HUMAN BEING

JUST DO IT, YEAH?

IT'S THAT EASY, RIGHT?
>>
>>29953530
>Implying you can't work on skills
>Implying you can't refine your charisma
>implying you can't lift and become more physically fit

nope, better just bitch on /r9k/ amirite
>>
>>29953530
It's true. You have to be healthy for a healthy relationship. You can't just skip steps because you're lazy.

Plus, how could you love someone if you're making them be with your depressed ass? That's a drag and selfish
>>
dare I ask what loving yourself means?

do people actually love themselves like they love their gf/bf?
>>
>>29953530
Self love is a meme, everyone knows they're a piece of shit one way or another. It's about not completely hating yourself.
>>
>>29953530
>pic
Aaaand that is why I never asked out anyone.
And that is why it makes me school shooter angry when people selling their shitty electronic goods like it is the new iphone. They either know it is shit but still sell it or they're so ignorant they don't want to know about its faults.
Why can't I do the same?
>>
>>29953530
Normies are fucking retarded dude. They actually believe aspergers doesnt exists and its just us making excuses to be a anti-social and lazy person

normies dont give a shit about us or our problems and they only come here out of spite. Just find good people who care about you and make them your comfort zone, not a bunch of anonymous lefty teeny boppers who dont have an inner soul or real substance to their character
>>
File: 1438735529765.jpg (23 KB, 470x395) Image search: [Google]
1438735529765.jpg
23 KB, 470x395
>>29953530

>IT'S THAT EASY, RIGHT?

Billions of people around the world, most of them less fortunate than you, have managed to at least achieve "loving oneself."

It IS easy, you're just bad. Git gud you shitter.
>>
File: 1386449605191.jpg (139 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1386449605191.jpg
139 KB, 396x385
>>29953530
>just stop hating yourself bro
>just do it
>JUST STOP
Is what they're going to say when I'm bustin' at em
>>
>>29953803

>dare I ask what loving yourself means?

You already know. You're just pretending not to to be pedantic.

No, I don't really believe what I just wrote. Don't think that for a minute.

But that's the kind of response I bet you a lot of normies would give.
>>
>>29953862
normie detected, its about being desirable. Something the intended demographic of this board generally are not because of our mental and physical limitations and financial situation.

you fucking normies are so self-absorbed and filled with hatred for the "other" that yourefuse to aknowlefge this fact.
>>
>>29953965

fuck off faggot, I have diagnosed aspergers and dont know what it means, you're the normalshit being pedantic at me

what does it mean? having good self esteem?
>>
>>29954008

>fuck off faggot
>please help me

Oh I am laffin
>>
>>29954008

>fuck off faggot, I have diagnosed aspergers and dont know what it means, you're the normalshit being pedantic at me

Go back and read my post, friend.

I literally told you

>No, I don't really believe what I just wrote. Don't think that for a minute.

I was being facetious and told you as much.
>>
>>29953530
>people keep making posts that are not "name of animu?"

Please tell me OP, although the guy's nose looks kind of stupid. Image search etc yielded nothing
>>
>>29954030

dont be mean to me please

>>29954046

ok thats was really cool and funny, would you like to explain it now?
>>
>>29953530
How do you even "love yourself"? Coming from an autist rather than someone with depression, I have never stood in front of a mirror and said "I hate you" or fapped over myself. This doesn't make any sense and I don't think it helps anything.

My problem is how other people treat me, I try to be polite, I don't want to annoy anyone but because I am male, socially awkward and not a master conversationalist most normies discriminate against me, teachers, jobs advisors and job interviewers all make it clear they hate me just because of how I look and act even though I did nothing wrong. I can't achieve anything in life because I will never be accepted into anyone's "in-group", psychologically speaking. I will always be like some monster that emerged from the jungle to creep them out merely by existing and not being like them, had it not been for the laws of this land they would have slaughtered me.

The only responses so far I have had from normies when confronted with this are the normy just world fallacy, the "you are criticizing me because you are mad, you are mad because you are a bad person" and meaningless empty platitudes like "love yourself".

No one will "love" us whatever we do. Most people are not "good people", genuinely good people are the friendly homeless guy who Stacy and her friends treat like a potential rapist and deny access to homeless shelters just because he has a penis. It is completely morally justified to retaliate against normies like Stacy, to cheat and steal from them and be as much of a burden on society as possible.
>>
>>29954102

I can't explain it because I don't know what it means either.

If I try to make sense of it, I think it means to have pride in your achievements and your good attributes/character, but not too much pride. Just the right, medium amount.
>>
>>29954123

>genuinely good people are the friendly homeless guy who Stacy and her friends treat like a potential rapist and deny access to homeless shelters

When I was out with 3 Stacies and a Tyrone there was a homeless guy and one of the Stacies gave him her coke and some money.
>>
>>29954265

Oh, wait. I think it was me who gave him the coke, and she gave him some money.

Or something. My memory on this is kind of fuzzy.
>>
File: 1428347539222.gif (2 MB, 248x291) Image search: [Google]
1428347539222.gif
2 MB, 248x291
To understand the love yourself meme you have to view it from the context of a normalfag. What kind of things do normalfags love? Money, fashion, nice cars, success, etc. By acquiring these things for themselves they become a person that they can love. Their self confidence rises alongside their attractiveness to other normalfags.
>>
>>29953932
Lol
Most people are insecure as fuck. They just happen to get into relationships and sex because they have qualities they overlook or qualities the other person actually likes. They also happen to put themselves in social situations or ones that increase the odds of getting a gf.
Most people don't "love themselves". That's just empty bullshit people like to spout to other people who are lonely.
>>
>>29954123
>It is completely morally justified to retaliate against normies like Stacy, to cheat and steal from them and be as much of a burden on society as possible.

This.

Normies are savage, sadistic, and vapid creatures of ego. They are completely lacking in conscience. You cannot reason with them, you should not reason with them. They will never empathize with you, so don't even try.

Hate them.

Never show respect to your oppressor.
>>
>>29953530

>You have to love yourself before you can expect anyone to love you.

It's a nice sentiment, to be sure. But let's be honest with ourselves. The real problem is that you can only expect someone to love you if you are lovable to begin with. And make no mistake, you don't need to love yourself before another will.

"Loving yourself" is a silly notion because all love involves a relationship between the Self and the Other. Sure, you can think highly of yourself, you can find yourself brimming with self-esteem, you can enumerate each of your virtues and take pride in them. However, you cannot claim to be loved if the only one who appreciates you is yourself. The moment you exclude the significance of the Other from the phenomenon of affection is the moment you fall into narcissism at best and into madness at worst. The Desert Fathers consigned themselves to the isolation of the wilderness, to the places where no other people tread. In no time at all they convinced themselves that, for all of their supposed solitude, they were not truly alone. They tricked themselves into believing God spoke to them, alleviating what would have been an otherwise horrible isolation.

No man can endure the absence of the Other absolutely and, deprived of another, they will manufacture one. It's no coincidence that the lonely develop a habit of talking to themselves.

So you can love yourself all you'd like. You can imagine your own private kingdom, call yourself royalty and place a crown upon your own head. That won't change the fact that your court is empty.
>>
File: tripfags not allowed.jpg (88 KB, 1786x237) Image search: [Google]
tripfags not allowed.jpg
88 KB, 1786x237
Tripfags wanna be anonymous too?
>>
>>29953530
does she say anything encouraging to him after this or does he just run off?
>>
>>29954684

Well, I am anonymous. And if I'm not, what's my name?

But, I'll admit, I do this a lot. I've never once posted while sober, so I make these sorts of mistakes...deleting something I didn't mean to is one of the most common. Which means I have to make a couple of tiny changes and repost. The robot is a cruel master. But it's pretty clever of you to notice my drunken mistake. So, kudos I suppose.
>>
>>29953530
>>29954096
gonna need sauce as well plox
>>
>>29953530
I'm literally overweight and awkward. I like video games, anime, pokemon, magic the gathering, and I got a minimum wage job. I've had a few girlfriends, cute ones too. Had sex at least 50x. Its easy man idk why robots can't get laid.
>>
>>29954979
>cute ones too

Trust me, they weren't
>>
>>29954979
you don't have a perceived reason to not believe in yourself
those of us robots that have never been laid think we have a reason
it's probably bullshit and irrational, but it's real to us and that's what matters

t. 27yo virgin whose mother replaced and abandoned him when he was 12
>>
>>29954679
You're the only tripfag I like.
>>
>>29954979
>I'm literally overweight and awkward
>cute ones too
I somehow doubt that amigo
>>
>>29953530
Ignore all the shit about loving yourself. You don't need that nonsense. What you NEED, is to recognise the points you can change, then taking it upon yourself to actually do something about it.

Too fat? Start working out, lose weight. Too weeb? Immerse yourself in more mainstream culture, acclimatise. Too nervous? Drink. That, or force yourself into social situations to train yourself.

Loving yourself means accepting who you are, faults and all. Fuck that noise. Fix that shit instead.
>>
>>29955079

>Too nervous? Drink.

Alcohol can worsen anxiety tremendously.
>>
>>29954679
Fucking witchking is at it again with the dank metaphors and pretentious writing style
>>
>>29955014
>t. 27yo virgin whose mother replaced and abandoned him when he was 12

Now that was something I didn't want to feel
>>
File: 1468189715335.jpg (23 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1468189715335.jpg
23 KB, 409x409
>not realizing you're just not worth it for a girl to date and giving up on the 3d world
>>
>>29955106
Just drink more.
>>
>>29955079
>Too weeb? Immerse yourself in more mainstream culture, acclimatise.

The only thing I did in these past years I spent being a NEET was learn Japanese to play exclusive games, nowadays I spent most of my time playing JP only games/VN.

I'm a tremendous weeb, I seriously need to get a bit more into normalfag stuff, I have nothing to say to people, I'm not nervous when I'm the middle of people I just really have nothing to say, I can't talk about my hobbies and I don't have cool stories either, I've been thinking about trying to lie but thats probably not good.
>>
>>29953530
Nah, I went from 180 lbs to 140, stopped playing vidya (actually just got jaded), taught myself to shower regularly and keep a good posture in a year. Yet I still hate myself as much as I did before, if not more
>>
ITT

>failed normalfags pretending they're successful normalfags

Just do it, brah! Worked for me!
>>
>people should be accepted for who they are
>except for you, you need to change everything about yourself for us to even tolerate you and don't even think about romance without putting in years of work on your body and career
>and don't shame fat girls
>>
>>29955447
Easy method: Just take endless stories from on here, muddle the facts slightly, then just frame it like 'I once knew a guy who...'. Bam, endless interesting stories.

Just... maybe not around any anons.
>>
>>29953530
can we please know the name of the show please? looks good for robot watching
>>
>>29953530
>NOT FOR SALE / GO2
>>
>>29955580

There are nice people in the world and there are awful people in the world.

Stop pretending the nicer ones are saying the same things as the awful ones.
>>
>>29957054
Good one faggot now fuck off my board
>>
>>29953530
In AA they told me to build self-esteem by doing esteemable acts.

So I did everything they told me to do, helped set up meetings early, picked up disgusting cigarette butts off the ground people threw away, greeted new people, made coffee at meetings, helped stack chairs afterwards, visited alcoholics hospitalized by their actions, tried to sponsor other people into the program, and be of service everywhere i could with no expectation of thanks or material rewards. I did that shit for 3 fucking years, wracked by anxiety and spiraling depression and agitation, expecting things to eventually get better for me spiritually, if not ever materially. they never did. I got 3 years sober, and I suppose by society's standards I was a good person, but god damn I was in misery day in, day out. No matter how good of a person I become in my actions, I will always be miserable, creepy, and isolated.
>>
>>29953862

Hate to break this to you but some normie are genuinely happy.
>>
>>29953581
lol relax. Most people need to vent before they self actualize. No need to be critical
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.