[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he such a whiny little bitch? I've never seen such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 16
File: shinji.jpg (74 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
74 KB, 848x480
Why is he such a whiny little bitch?
I've never seen such an emotional Edgelord
>>
File: IMG_20160629_093331.jpg (64 KB, 471x516) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_093331.jpg
64 KB, 471x516
Maybe if he got in the goddamned robot....
>>
>>29952941
>Why is he such a whiny little bitch?
He's not. His attitude is justifiable given his life and upbringing. Of course a normie like you wouldn't or couldn't relate to someone like Shinji
>>
File: Eva027.jpg (32 KB, 298x223) Image search: [Google]
Eva027.jpg
32 KB, 298x223
>>29952974
>given his life and upbringing
Tons of people grow up Fatherless & Alone you faggot. Very Oregino Commento
>literally fighting for all of mankind
>he's thinking about petty shit like "why me" and "this isn't fair"
When he had multiple opportunities to just not do it, yet still complains, because muh father's love
>>
>>29953081
>Tons of people grow up Fatherless & Alone you faggot.
Yeah and how do most of those people turn out?
And the ones who succeed without parents usually have parental like figures who do care about them and push them to succeed.

>literally fighting for all of mankind
He never asked for it. Why should he be burdened with this responsibility?
>>
>>29953264
God you're a whiny bitch. Off yourself please.
>>
>>29953281
>God you're a whiny bitch. Off yourself please.
No you
>>
he's literally 12
>>
Name anime where a male protag isn't shy about nudity or lewd situations. Anime angers me because of the overreaction to accidental nudity and groping. I've accidentally groped a few girls and accidentally walked in a few girls changing girls. It's literally not a big deal. Girl doesn't scream and beat up the guy. I don't blush in shame and spaz out.
>>
File: V2i4Wy0.png (42 KB, 465x248) Image search: [Google]
V2i4Wy0.png
42 KB, 465x248
>>29952941
why didn't just gendo pilot the fucking robot
>>
>>29953310
>Girl doesn't scream and beat up the guy.

I still cringe whenever this happens in anime. It's a shame that harem anime is all I watch so it happens quite often.
>>
>>29953310
it's japan dude, women flush the toilet over their while they piss so no on can hear them pissing, also it's exaggerated, everything in anime is hammy as fuck
>>
>>29953264
>how do most of these people turn out
Not into a completely whiney bitch edgelord, Most of those Niggas actually turn out exactly the opposite to compensate, louder and more aggressive as seen in many African Americans

>He never asked for it
They told him multiple times he didn't have to if he didn't want to you stupid faggot
>>
>>29953310
That doesn't bother me, because I'd probably sperg in that situation too. Probably repeating "my bad, and sorry" alot

Probably just keep saying sorry very fast until I slam the door
>>
wait retard here
what would have happened if rei let gendo put adam inside her (of whatever he was doing before she floated over to lilith)?
>>
File: 1466364165821.jpg (74 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1466364165821.jpg
74 KB, 1000x750
>>29952941
>>29952974
>>29953264
Shinji actually became a badass after getting the shit slapped out of pic related in a game.
>>
Its because hes white. Don't tell me an Asian person would look like that.
>>
>>29952974
this is the only acceptable answer
normies fail to understand shinji because their lack of dead parents and early childhood trauma cause them to have laughably narrow perspective
that, or they are so obsessed with appearances that they are even worse than legit autists when it comes to theory of mind
>>
>>29953081
Shinji is a fucking representation. He is 14 for god's sake of fucking course he's thinking about "why me" and this "isn't fair" his character has to show the natural insecurities of a boy in a semi post-apocalyptic setting with no father, a dead mother, depression and extreme self esteem issues as a result of this. He is not a copy and pasted blank personality anime protagonist, his deep insecurities and anti-protagonist "cowardly" actions show the reality of what a situation like this would be like and it wouldn't be a happy fantasy world where everything works out like they show at the end of the show as the "alternate ending".
>>
>>29953812
>he is not a copy and pasted black personality anime protagonist

Then what do you call a 1 dimensional character that over reacts to everything, and acts edgy for attention but acts like he doesn't want it.
Also being a bitch in this situation isn't even realistic because LIKE I KEEP SAYING the nigga had a choice you faggot. He choose to stay, just like he chooses to be pathetic, and none of these scenarios are even plausible towards realism because realistically no military would get a whiny jaded teenager to save all of humanity, so don't even try to use the "realistic" argument because this entire anime is a fucking joke.
>>
File: tumblr_nrb5bdp3T21r2g7mto1_540.jpg (76 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrb5bdp3T21r2g7mto1_540.jpg
76 KB, 540x405
>>29954083
Of course the situation isn't plausible it's a fucking animated show, i'm saying it's a psychological anime, meaning they focus on the minds of the characters more than the plausibility of the story, if you look at Naturo or something; he just accepts that the nine tails is inside of him with barely any mental trauma towards such a reveal and continues to take on every responsibility thrown at him at that point, making the character personality extremely unrealistic for a 15 year old or a person of any age really.

>acts edgy for attention but acts like he doesn't want it
that's his insecurities shining through, this is literally explained in the latter episodes of the show/movie where it goes into a dreamy state and you delve into the minds of the eva pilots and pretty much abandons the plot just to confuse people.

Its not the story that is to be "realistic" it's the psychological aspect of Evangelion, which is the basis of the whole show.
>>
File: 1451454921681.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1451454921681.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
>>29954346
>of course the situation isn't plausible
>actions shows the reality of what a situation like this would be like
Pick One
>>
>>29954678
>situation
>actions
they are different things

he acts a certain way which is generally realistic to life
independent on whether the situation is plausible or not.

shinji can be a pussy even if a teenager would never be ordered to save humanity

they're mutually inclusive
>>
File: 1449931023530.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1449931023530.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>29954791
>actions show the reality of what a situation like this would be like
>reality
>>
>>29954883
closest thing to it
>>
>>29953310
High School DxD and anything with an extremely perverted protag.
>>
Reminder that if you cannot relate to Shinji or understand him at all, you are not a robot.
>>
>>29953281
God you're such a retard. Off yourself please.
>>
File: 1450811676790.jpg (33 KB, 331x412) Image search: [Google]
1450811676790.jpg
33 KB, 331x412
>>29954791
>>29954346
>psychological anime
>compares to fucking Naruto
>hasn't even watched naruto
>doesn't know that Naruto has been through far more mental trauma than Shinji
>Loses both parents at birth
>Everyone hates him because of 9 tails
>bullied in Ninja school
>hasn't seen the multiple episodes of Naruto sitting alone on the swings after school because no friends, or getting his ass whooped by bullies
>hasn't realized on the first episode Naruto vandalized property just for attention to cope with loneliness
>hasn't seen the multiple episodes of Naruto talking about his feelings, and how sad he was growing up, but worked hard for the approval of others.

Evangelion:
>Dad predicts every action for entire life.
>Leaves shinji alone
>Shinji becomes emotional edge lord, because alone
>Shinji risks own life and tries to save humanity for Daddy's approval
>actions realistic
Yah that's really realistic
>>
File: shinji smug.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
shinji smug.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>edgelord
Don't use words you don't understand. Shinji is the opposite of an edgelord: he's so inoffensive, he actually pisses people off with his inoffensiveness.

If you haven't noticed (hopefully you're a dumbass and didn't get in via the Rebuild movies), every major character in the series is a mental case for good reasons. Shinji is probably the most believable of all of them. His indecision and wishy washy-ness is caused by the internal struggle within him, so bitching about it is not a valid complaint.
>>29955262
If someone doesn't 'relate' to Shinji, they likely have their head too far up their ass to do so. Most Shinji haters tend to be upset he doesn't behave idealistically.
>>
>>29955559
*you're not a dumbass
>>
>>29954083
Yeah how dare characters represent actual people and help us understand ourselves and others and help grow and change.
>>
>it's an "I just watched evangelion" thread
>>
File: 4544827697_03827201b5_o.png (45 KB, 2048x2029) Image search: [Google]
4544827697_03827201b5_o.png
45 KB, 2048x2029
>>29955409
Yeah I watched it, you just made my point for me, they only show his struggle in the very first episode of 700, after they establish the basics for what Naruto goes through, they just brush it off beyond that and he just becomes "I'm gonna be hokage now!!"

Yeah dude he talks about being sad and loneliness etc.. but it doesn't affect the story at all, his emotional state is just his emotional state and it's just there to add depth to the character and nothing beyond that, it doesn't directly affect the narrative like Evangelion.

You guys are completely misunderstanding what I mean by "realistic" I mean (in light of the original post) that he's not going to just "man up" within the relatively short time span Evangelion covers especially considering his life circumstances.

>Why is he such a whiny little bitch?
because he is 14 and dealing with a bunch of mental issues, and you guys think that is unrealistic because other anime has moulded you into thinking your average protagonist should always face the world and their implausible challenges as a hot-headed, happy-go-lucky person.

like yeah it annoyed me too when he kept running away and avoiding the plot and being a bitch but when you start looking in to the meaning of the show I became okay with that shit because they intended for the character to be this way for a reason and the creators wanted to get a message across.
>>
File: 1448258882592.jpg (7 KB, 242x242) Image search: [Google]
1448258882592.jpg
7 KB, 242x242
>>29955409
>they only show his struggle in the very first episode of 700
No the don't you stupid faggot, they do this shit literally every other episode with flash backs. That's why it has so much filler. He only wants to become hokage to get the respect denied to him since he was born. But I guess you're too much of a normie to understand simple abstractions like Honor.

>it doesn't affect the story at all
It affects literally every fight you stupid faggot. Garaa, Pain, Sasuke, etc. In all the fights they stop and talk about their conflicts and passed, and that's the only reason they don't kill each other. But you're too much of a normie to actually watch anime, you rather just shitpost.

>he's not just gonna man up
He doesn't have to, but being such a pussy is simply unrealistic. People that have it rough don't cry, they actually do the opposite. A quality example of this is Ray. She's more emotionally stable because of her pain. When a person joins the military they are humiliated and put through hell so that they come out stronger.

>anime has moulded you into thinking your average protagonist should always face the world and their implausible challenges as a hot-headed, happy-go-lucky person.
No it's molded me into thinking your average protagonist is unnecessarily emotional, righteous, and edgy. Which is exactly what Shinji is in a nutshell.
>>
File: A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png (788 KB, 985x644) Image search: [Google]
A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png
788 KB, 985x644
how can one man be so perfect, so wonderful
>>
File: more pls.jpg (31 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
more pls.jpg
31 KB, 460x288
i was a "wihny bitch" myself in my teens and thought of shinji as a exaggerated mirror of myself. he was worse off than me and reacted worse to most situations than i would have, making it all reasonable to me. i think of him as the most realistic anime character ive ever seen. (i watch anime, but not that much)
tldr: get a load of this guy
>>29955671
pls post more, put them in their place
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mhcfslybKO1qz4rgp.png (228 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mhcfslybKO1qz4rgp.png
228 KB, 500x342
>>29955952
literally an angel
>>
File: 1452988714913.png (42 KB, 440x290) Image search: [Google]
1452988714913.png
42 KB, 440x290
>>29955953
>I was a whiny bitch myself
>was
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.