[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw master in mathematics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>tfw master in mathematics
>>
>>29951765
That must be cool desu. You can easily do orbits and shit. You must be good at KSP.
>>
>>29951765
>tfw math master squanders math magic
i hate you bastards so much you could literally get very respectable jobs doing insane math related shit but you choose to be a shitty commoner
>>
I can't even underfuckingstand Newton's method for finding square roots

you are like a spaceman and I'm an ape pounding a turd with a flat rock
>>
>>29951765
>tfw mathphobia and can barely scrape by at a fourth grade level.
>tfw teachers bullied me into having this phobia

Shit sucks
>>
>>29951765
Is the Riemann hypothesis true or false?
What do you think of P vs. NP
WTF is the axiom of choice and how does that shit relate to making a duplicate of a fucking ball without modifying it
>>
>>29951825
Every differentiable function can be locally approximated as a line. If a point on the graph is close to the x-axis then the tangent line is a good local approximation. The intersection of the tangent line with the x-axis is then where the function should intersect the x-axis, i.e. the root.
>>
>>29952106
lost me total fuckin gibberish
>>
>>29952159
Sorry friend, I was supposed to quote >>29951831

>>29951903
>Is the Riemann hypothesis true or false?
True, and I want to believe it will be proved this century.
>What do you think of P vs. NP
There is obviously a difference between verifying and solving.
>WTF is the axiom of choice and how does that shit relate to making a duplicate of a fucking ball without modifying it
Set theory is a can of worms.
>>
>>29951765
Math is the fucking secret code of the universe and everything.

Math is the foremost of intellectual pursuits.

It's a fucking embarrassement that the people who knows the most math cant just get any kind of jobs they want, and that not more people are being paid to research / teach math above high school level.

>tfw want to study math but not sure that I'm smart enough to go into academia, and too much of a sperg to persuade anyone to hire me if I dont have some very in demand skills
>tfw have to study computer science and take additional math courses instead of the other way around.
>>
>>29952326
Set theory is confusing.

I mean, sure, naive set theory was disproven because of Russell's paradox, but how exactly does that affect things? The other set theories are just plain gibberish.

Yeah in naive set theory any definable collection is a set. Very easy to understand. Now set theory is too spooky for me. What the hell is ZFC? Type set theory? What the hell is the axiom of choice?

For fuck's sake, the analogy given was about socks. I couldn't understand it.

Anyway, anon, how did that one guy solve the Poincar(e' non ascii text) conjecture? I can't imagine the 4th dimension. I'm kinda spooked how they could come up with the math to solve it. Let alone the math to formulate it.

Or. In general. Dimensions which are higher the the 3rd dimension can't be visualized at least without n - 1 dimensional shadows, but can be formulated in mathematics. What?
>>
>>29951765
I've been studying cs for two terms now. I decided to change my major to math. Was that a good decision?
>>
>>29952940
If you want to learn about math then no. If you want a real life then yes.
>>
>>29952970
I don't get your answer. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.