[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a good liar? How important do you believe lying is to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: liar-2.jpg (816 KB, 1200x1520) Image search: [Google]
liar-2.jpg
816 KB, 1200x1520
Are you a good liar? How important do you believe lying is to succeeding in life?
>>
pretty damn important. And I suck at lying. When I do, I could just hear it in the tone when the person responds that I'm lying too.
>>
>suck at lying
>never lie because of that
>people think I'm ''honest'' for the sake of it
FUCK OFF
>>
>>29950896
>Are you a good liar?
No. I wouldn't even try. Even the white lies that are expected don't go so smoothly. I do am honest though, I don't lie by omission either.
>How important do you believe lying is to succeeding in life?
I think it is. But it's subtle I guess. Not outright lies. Just slight manipulations.
>>
File: pepe a la mode.png (104 KB, 999x1255) Image search: [Google]
pepe a la mode.png
104 KB, 999x1255
>lie all the time for many reasons
>up my metagame, lie really badly about unimportant things so that people think it's obvious when I'm lying
>in reality I'm lying 90% of the time
>>
It's ridiculously easy. I lie about random shit all the time, but only white lies really.

But over time I've started to notice what I consider a white lie slowly grow worse over time.
>>
>>29950896
I am and it is irrelevant.

Mostly because "succeeding in life" is a meme goal and success comes in many forms.
>>
Lying is okay as long as you're smart about it and never get caught. Trust is important for success.
>>
>>29950896
>tfw too good liar
I often say lies and people don't even question them.
Afterwards I say like I was just kidding and did they really believe it.
>>
>>29950896
Lying is absolutely critical to success. No matter who you are and what you life is like, there will be times when you feel opposed to something that someone powerful and important believes, says, or does, and you will have to learn to pretend that you are not opposed to it in order to gain their favor and use them to advance.

This is true in 100% of human lives, no exceptions. If you do not learn to do this, you will never advance beyond entry-level retail jobs.
>>
i think i'm a pretty good liar

i don't think being a good liar is that much of a help in succeeding in life, hasn't helped me much. i think being a good bullshitter is way more important, there's a difference between lying and being a good bullshitter.
>>
>>29952731
>>29952742
Yes, if we are determining "success" as the ability to climb up ranks in a company through bullshitting and backstabbing + getting away with it... then I guess one could deem it critical to success.

Meanwhile, I've played the 100% blunt truth game and I've gotten unreasonable amounts of success alongside the jealousy of countless normans who really believe that lying/bullshitting/pretending to like things you don't like is KEY to success.
>>
I'm pretty good at it, but I rarely do,I lie. The truth will ALWAYS be revealed eventually. I do often think about what I could accomplish if I lied for some personal gain...
>>
I hate lying. People lie to each others so much, and for the longest time. I despise it. It's probably the worst thing they keep doing to each others over and over again. I'm not very good at detecting lies either. So I'm very distrustful.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.