[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arcanine, how do you afford your prescribe drug(s) if you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1329290096991.jpg (268 KB, 600x933) Image search: [Google]
1329290096991.jpg
268 KB, 600x933
Arcanine, how do you afford your prescribe drug(s) if you have no insurance? I'm at a loss here.
>>
>>29950678
sell your organs
or your ass
or get a job
>>
>>29950678
It would probably be helpful to mention that I live in America.
>>
Gubment pays
>>
I was a uni student, so I was required by law to get myself health insurance. I'm glad I did too, because I'd be completely fucked if I have to pay off my huge hospital bills. My drugs usually only cost me like $3-$10 for a month's supply. I'm not going to be covered in fall though. I guess I can't go to the psych ward for a while now. Hope I don't lose my mind again and get forcibly admitted.
>>
>>29951005
Medicaid you dolt.
>>
>>29951005
If you're not making a lot of money, you're eligible for Medicare. Obama made it so that everyone making less than like $20,000 or so could get government insurance for ridiculously cheap. He was having a problem with a lot of states because they didn't want to participate in the program though. He was literally offering to give them free money and they turned it down. I don't know if he's still having that problem with those states, so you might not be eligible. If you're making over the salary limit, then you can still get subsidized private insurance if you look around on the healthcare site.

You should really get health insurance. It's almost always going to save you a lot of money. You never know when there's gonna be an emergency or something.
>>
>>29951081
I'm getting health insurance through my uni also but it won't start until 8/15 so I'm completely FUCKED for the next month.

>>29951219
I don't have the money for insurance otherwise. The only reason I'm even getting the insurance mentioned above is because I have to take a loan to pay for my Master's anyway, so it'll come out of that.
>>
>>29950678

I'm not sure what country you live in, but here in the U.S., there are a lot of programs to help with drug coverage. You can:

- Use a pharmacy that has a generics savings program. For example, Walmart has a long list of $4 generics for the most common types of drugs, like antibiotics and thyroid medication. All you pay is $4 for a monthly supply.

- Medical practices sometimes offer their own savings programs. They bulk-order the drugs directly from the supplier at a discount, and charge you whatever they paid. (At least, I think that's how they do it)

- Your doctor may have a surplus of drug samples on hand that they can give to you free of charge.

The U.S. sucks for not having proper universal healthcare, but the only time that really hurts you is if you need to have an expensive procedure done. Even then, some procedures can be made more affordable based on a sliding scale determined by your income. It just depends on the procedure and what savings programs (if any) the practice / hospital has to offer. Not all do.
>>
>>29951364
I normally get mine filled at Walgreens but yeah, not one of the generics covered. Figures, with the drug and all.
>>
>>29951597

Get a coverage list from all your local pharmacies and compare them. Some cover drugs that others don't. That's why I switched to Walmart.
>>
>>29951881
Walmart doesn't seem to. I use Adderall and with it being a controlled substance, I'm pretty sure I'm SoL as far as getting it cheap anywhere.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.