[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lucid dream general: learning edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Extreame feel.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Extreame feel.png
29 KB, 633x758
>try the W.I.L.D method since its the quickest way and family members fuck up my sleeping schedule too much to try a more proper method
>lay perfectly still in bed for what seems about 1hour 45 minutes
>eventually give in due to how hot it had gotten under the covers and urge to eat
>go downstairs a 3AM and eat like a fatfuck
>tfw no results
>tfw 5th time trying
>>
uh sometimes I feel illucid during the day
>>
Keep trying. Lucid dream sex is literally heaven. But some people just end up in sleep paralysis which is literally hell. Hit or miss good luck
>>
File: bed dread Wojack.png (186 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
bed dread Wojack.png
186 KB, 1000x1144
>>29948886
>DUDE DREAM SEX SO CASHXD

i'm trying to use lucid dreaming to evercome my social anxiety and get over my past

do you think just asking my subconcience to just stop the flow of bitch chemicals would work?
>>
>>29948814
Lucid dreaming literally cucks me in my dreams.

>get some hot scene
>finally a wet dream
>girl starts getting attracted
>fuck yes benis in vagina
>nope, I hear old women looking for help and is lost
>dump the bitch run towards the old lady and ask what she is need of
>help the old lady and wake up

Every fucking time I am about to fuck a bitch I end up helping others.
>>
I've never understood how not moving for an hour will make you conscious in your dreams. Sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>29949284

>I've never understood how not moving for an hour will make you conscious in your dreams.

What don't you understand about it? Instead of like normal where you just all asleep without paying attention and are therefore left with no awareness that you're dreaming, this method says to pay attention so that when you do finally begin to go to sleep you notice and can stay aware of what's happening when you start dreaming.
>>
>>29949360
if you pay attention your body wont allow you go to sleep though... since you're awake.
>>
>>29949374
that's why you have to ignore urges and your body will think you're asleep and you'll get sleep paralysis
>>
i know this isnt lucid dreaming, but if i go to sleep during the day i enter a light sleep dream where i can do anything and wake up on command from inside the dream. i only have limited power within the dream, so dream sex hasnt happened, but its still pretty cool. will answer any questions robots have
>>
>>29949374

That's not true. It's just more difficult to fall asleep while paying attention, not impossible.
>>
>>29949432
I rarely nap but when I do I have vivid dreams
>>
look into astral projection. easier to have sex
>>
I've been keeping a dream journal because I heard that helps somehow and I've also been doing a dream check by trying to push my finger through my palm while saying in my head "I'm awake. I'm awake. I'm awake".

The only thing the dream journal did for me was help me remember my dreams better, which isn't much because my dreams are so boring I can barely muster up the will to write them down anymore.

The dream-check hasn't done anything yet either.

You'd I would have succeeded with the W.I.L.D method considering I got sleep paralysis to an irritating degree when I was younger but nope, like OP I just lay perfectly still for an hour or two until I get sick of it and just go to sleep.
>>
>>29948886
>sleep paralysis which is literally hell
Part of the lucid dreaming process is sleep paralysis. I personally enjoy sleep paralysis. It's a rookie mistake to freak out.
>>29948814
As someone who foes it everyday, it helps to live a life style where you get very tired before bed.
>>
>>29948945
Take LSD under therapy.
>>
There are certain herbs and medications you can take before bed that promote more vivid dreaming. They're called "oneirogens", so look that up if you're interested.

I know when I was taking Zoloft I had these fucking ridiculous lucid dreams where I was placed in this huge caverns and I could walk around and look at the amazing landscapes. There were huge rock formations that seemed like they were miles high and some walls were completely covered in shining gems that shimmered beautiful colors. It felt like I was actually fucking there, that's how vivid my dreams would be. It'd feel like they lasted for at least a few hours each night too.

A lot of times, I became adjusted to my new existence in some strange alien planet and I couldn't remember anything about my actual life. I just felt like what I was experiencing then had always been my reality, like I had just been wandering through these exotic, amazing cave systems for decades. Every time I woke up I'd be so fucking confused, wondering where I was and what was going on.
>>
>>29949808
>A lot of times, I became adjusted to my new existence in some strange alien planet and I couldn't remember anything about my actual life.
Lucid dreaming can't come soon enough. Help me out of this shitty life.
>>
>>29949360
>so that when you do finally begin to go to sleep you notice and can stay aware of what's happening when you start dreaming.
This is what I don't understand. I've always considered the point where I fall asleep when I become unconscious. So how do I fall asleep while being awake at the same time, simply by not moving?
>>
>>29949977
It's a state between the dream world and the waking world, so you're aware of the paralysis your body put you in so you wouldn't move around in your sleep but you're still hallucinating hard.
Except you're not. You are actually dreaming, you're just dreaming of being in your bedroom while demons are screaming at you because you're freaking out and there's a hag sitting on your chest because you have trouble breathing while you're asleep.
Which is why it's so easy to slip into lucid dreaming from sleep paralysis, or astral project.
>>
>>29949631
I ordered some ayahuasca ingredients online a few days ago. I hope it gives me some sort of guidance. I'm really running out of ideas at this point. I've seen many professionals and taken almost every psychiatric drug there is, but I never even remotely got any relief from my social anxiety, my major depression, my depersonalization, or my drug addiction.

I need to do some more research on some therapy exercises I could do, to try and direct the trip towards introspection. I can't find much info on psychedelic therapy, so I'm not sure how to plan this out. Wikipedia tells me the shrink just sits in the corner and lets the patient go wherever his mind takes him. They only intervene if the patient's having a really bad time. I feel like I need more structure than that though. They other times I used psychedelics, I just talked to myself for hours and giggled at stupid shit I'd think of. Sometimes I'd run around the house, because all the walls and doors changed size and danced around the room and it felt like I was in a house of mirrors at a carnival or something. I'd like to be a little less childish during this experience and try to think about serious shit.
>>
File: 1450815333772.jpg (72 KB, 811x547) Image search: [Google]
1450815333772.jpg
72 KB, 811x547
>>29948814
Did you do ANY research on lucid dreams before you tried them out? For WILD you have to wake up after 4 or 5 hours of sleep before even trying it, you can't go right into it from the start.

>>29949619
Keep up the dream journal, unless you're gifted it's pretty much a necessity because you NEED to recall your dreams or you have no chance of becoming lucid. Even if you did you'd forget.

I'll post a link describing a method which might work for some of you robots. Supposedly it has great effects but I haven't had the time to practice it seriously.

http://www.dreamviews.com/induction-techniques/113253-all-day-awareness-dild-tutorial-kingyoshi.html

The thing with lucid dreaming is that it's a skill and like any skill takes a long time to master. It sucks but I'm not going to give up the chance to essentially control my own dreams.
>>
>>29950251
lucid dream and ask your subcancience for help

if the jews chemical spells won't help you, then lucid dreaming is your only choice
>>
>>29950304
>Did you do ANY research on lucid dreams before you tried them out?

yes and they said you can go into it from the start.
>>
>>29950304
So basically, the idea is that you see something unrealistic in your dream and then you become aware that you're dreaming. But my dreams are already filled with unrealistic shit, and I never become aware that it's a dream, because guess what, I'm unconscious.
>>
>>29950360
Maybe in theory, but you'd be far better off setting your alarm for 6 hours after you fall asleep, then becoming conscious and going back to sleep while you're in REM.

>>29950375
The idea is that you raise your level of awareness so that it carries over to your dreams and you'll have an easier time actually becoming lucid.
>>
File: tfwlanket.png (98 KB, 371x489) Image search: [Google]
tfwlanket.png
98 KB, 371x489
OP here posting my ONLY experience with sleep paralysis. post yours too

>sleeping on couch
>keep having to get up to get water and shut the dogs up
>keep doing this and going back to bed
>its really dark and can barely see
>get up once again to get water
>as soon as i get to the middle of the room my legs freeze, then my torso, then my arms become paralyzed and so does my head when i turn it
>realize i must be dreaming
>blink
>back on couch, can't move and have trouble breathing
>realize i'm in sleep paralysis
>using my internet knowledge i take action
>close eyes so i don't see anything spooky
>try to wiggle my toes
>leg wakes up
>leg hits other leg which causes me to wake up
>drink half a bottle of water and go back to bed
>>
>>29950418
>The idea is that you raise your level of awareness
You can't be aware of anything when you're unconscious.
>>
>>29950529
What do you think lucidity is?
>>
>>29950344
How could lucid dreaming help me out? I usually have a lucid dream every once in a while, but I don't see how it can be used therapeutically. My dreams are all really enigmatic and I can't ever figure out what my unconscious is trying to tell me. I think there's some symbolism lying in them, but I don't ever know what any of it really represents.

I don't know, psychedelic trips usually have some obvious logic to them, so I think they would help me more. Everything communicates with you, so you know exactly what's going on. Strange elf creatures might be talking to you in an unintelligible language you've never heard before, but you'll understand everything they're saying somehow.
>>
why is it that every lucid dream thread consists of:

>the beginner
>the expert who apparently knows everything
>the "DUDE DREAM SEX FLYING LMAO""
>the denier who dosent believe lucid dreaming is real despite it being scientifically proven
>the normalfag whos never heard of lucid dreaming and is asking dumb questions
>>
File: maxresdefault (1052).jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1052).jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>>29950489
>fall asleep in car
>inhale and exhale noisily and rythmically to let my sister know I'm paralyzed
>move my fingers around to make it even clear I'm going through sleep paralysis
>feel her holding my hand
>wake up
>alone in car
>I don't even have a sister
>>
>>29950566
just ask the nearest dream figure whats wrong eith you
>>
>>29950555
You want to become aware that you're dreaming, but this requires awareness in a state of unconsciousness.
>>
>>29950584
Are there any more opinions you can have? It's like asking why every "do you like X thread" consists of
>that guy who likes it
>that guy who doesn't like it
>that guy who hasn't tried it
>that guy who is neutral to it
>>
>>29950251
>drug addiction.
>I'd like to be a little less childish during this experience and try to think about serious shit.
take iboga
it's exactly what you're looking for, trust me
>>
>>29950607
OK. You do realize dreaming isn't a state of complete unconsciousness though, right?
>>
>>29950607
Why do you think that dreaming = unconsciousness? Lucid dreaming is all about being conscious while dreaming. That's kind of the point.
>>
>>29950649
>Why do you think that dreaming = unconsciousness?
I don't. I think that sleep necessitates unconsciousness.
>>
>>29950715
how u gonna lucid dram when u unconsious tho??
>>
File: sectionONEimage002.jpg (15 KB, 437x280) Image search: [Google]
sectionONEimage002.jpg
15 KB, 437x280
>>29950715
Well, you'd only be half right. There are periods of sleep where we are unconscious, yes, but during REM sleep when we dream we are fully capable of becoming conscious. Once again, that is the point of lucid dreaming. In lucid dreams there are also varying levels of consciousness, but at the highest stage you should be able to recall memories and facts as if you were awake, in a dream.

If that's not consciousness then what is?
>>
>>29950630
I don't know, iboga is quite difficult to get a hold of and it's very poisonous if you take too much. I don't think I want to put my life on the line for that. I saw a documentary about it and it seems like quite an unpleasant experience. Everyone who used it seemed to always have a really bad trip. It had them vomiting all over, non-stop, while it showed them the darkest parts of their addiction and the effects of their selfish decisions in full view.

Maybe if nothing else works and I'm on the edge of ending my life anyways, I'll give it a shot. Ayahuasca is used for treating drug addiction a lot too, so I think I might have some luck with it.
>>
It lucid dreaming only possible from a starting conscious state and being aware all the way through?

I felt like I had a lucid dream near the end of a sleep cycle a couple weeks ago, at least it was the closest I've ever experienced. It just felt too real, like I was actually there and awake, but the situation just didn't make sense so I tried what I thought I remembered as a reality check and looked at my watch and the numbers were all jumbled up and some weren't readable. I then tried changing some things like my clothes and the environment but then I woke up after what felt like maybe a couple minutes of being aware of everything and remembered that part of the dream as if it had actually just happened, which I usually don't for other dreams, no matter how vivid, they always kind of seem like a blur.

Not sure if that's what lucid dreaming is supposed to be, or it was just some crazy realistic and vivid light sleep dream.
>>
>>29950807
>Everyone who used it seemed to always have a really bad trip. It had them vomiting all over, non-stop, while it showed them the darkest parts of their addiction and the effects of their selfish decisions in full view.
exactly, iboga gives a "scared straight" kind of vision
>>
>>29950948
>It lucid dreaming only possible from a starting conscious state and being aware all the way through?
No, that is WILD (wake-induced lucid dreaming). What you experienced I suppose might have been DILD (dream-induced lucid dreaming) which is starting off unconscious/non-lucid while in a dream and becoming lucid in that dream due to noticing something off or performing a successful reality check or something along those lines.
>>
Anybody else experienced complete terror when they realized they're in a dream?

I don't even know why, but this one time I was dreaming I was at home during the morning washing my face when suddenly I realized I'm it's all actually a dream, and for some reason it just struck me as the most horrific shit I've ever realized like I gained insight into some eldritch being or something.

It sucked too because it woke me up.
>>
File: 1442340042599.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1442340042599.png
293 KB, 633x758
>tfw started having sleep paralysis again
>>
>>29949620
got spooky sleep paralysis the other night and brought myself out of it but calming down and breathing slow deep breaths. i realized that i was very close to lucidity when i woke up.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.