[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you clear your ears with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1467304634596.jpg (198 KB, 1024x1366) Image search: [Google]
1467304634596.jpg
198 KB, 1024x1366
I just saw that you're not supposed to clean them with cotton buds, I understand why you shouldn't force them in but I kind of try and lever out the wax and shit from my are without pressing too hard. I've tried with my finger but they're too fat to get anything out properly

How do you guys do it? (Pic unrelated)
>>
Q-tips.

Fuck what the doctors say. Shit works, and I can still hear just fine.
>>
File: 2525.jpg (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2525.jpg
58 KB, 480x480
I use cotton buds but I don't go in too far, one time my mum was cleaning her ears with one and the cotton bit broke off and ended up stuck in her ear and she had to go to the hospital to get it removed
>>
you dont

this original post was posted from anons personal computer
>>
small q tip. its like playing operation. you don't want to graze the ear canals until you're ready to pull towards the opening.
all the wax gets stuck to the tip, you can see it, helps if you twist while you enter and pull.

if you watch pro ear cleaning videos they use tools to scrape ears clean, but they're just very thin so you don't push shit back on entry.
>>
>>29947572
>ear blocked with wax
>cotton buds might break the ear drum!
>cut the cotton bud very short, no risk to ear drum
>clean ear
>blood starts dripping out
>ear drum is fine, sides of ear canal are injured
Ear canal is fragile. I got antibiotic/steroid ear drops and it healed.
>>
>>29947594
Anon pls don't. Not every effect is acute.
>>
Not sure if it'll work for you, but I know a guy who holds his nose and mouth shut, then blows as hard as he can, and the wax blows itself out of his ears.
>>
>>29947572

They make ear cleaning kits anon. Basically some warm water, soap, and something to gently suck the loosened shit out.

It's literally the first result on google. 'ear wax cleaning kit'
>>
File: japanese-ear-wax-pick.jpg (22 KB, 800x395) Image search: [Google]
japanese-ear-wax-pick.jpg
22 KB, 800x395
>>29947572
When I was in japan I discovered these and my life has been immeasurably better. It's a small bamboo pick. You literally scrape out the inside of your ears. Feels fantastic, and unlike a q-tip doesn't shove as further down.
>>
I just place paper-henkie on my finger and put it in my ear and twist, this is not enough to clean?
>>
Warm water with a very small amount of ISO alcohol.
>>
>>29947572
My tears
I attach tubes to my eyes and lead them into my ears and then I start crying.
>>
>>29948012
Are these available online? Britanon here
>>29947622
Yeah that's what I try and do, more like levering it out instead of forcing shit back down there
>>29947608
My hearing is getting kind of tinny and I don't want to go all the way to see a doctor
>>29948064
It gets some of the shit out but not all of it for me
>>29948112
I've tried wetting the cotton bud but it just makes it less effective for me
>>29947946
Read about this online, can't get it to work
>>29947977
You can use these multiple times right? If so might just splash out desu
>>
Pour olive oil into your ear it softens the wax.
>>
>>29947572
I think when people have problems of Q-tips actually pushing wax deep into the ear it's because they let it build up for a while and then suddenly try to clean their ears and there's so much in there that it just gets shoved further in.

The key is to clean them daily so there's nothing but a tiny layer that coats the Q-tip and you shouldn't ever end up with any wads of wax that can get pushed in. Recently I was staying with relatives for a while and due to being out of my element I kept forgetting to do my daily Q-tipping and after a week or so I ended up with my ears basically packed full of wax. Fortunately, it seems that I was able to clean them out without any getting stuck deep inside, but that's the kind of situation that puts you at risk for it.
>>
>>29947572
ugly nose. 2/10 wouldn't bang.
>>
>>29947572
Use your fingers , all the other things are a scam and will eventually make it worse by pushing the cerumen further
>>
My ears occasionally get clogged thanks to the fact that my ear canal bends at an upward angle so it's a lot easier for wax to build up. Normal people don't clean their ears much, it usually falls out naturally
I usually just use one of those rubber bulbs and some of that ear stuff that softens the wax before hand.
>>
When you're showering, let the hot water run into each ear for about a minute. That will soften up the wax so that it will be washed out.

Doing the same thing with hydrogen peroxide, letting it sit in your ear tilted up for a minute afterwards will pretty much clean up anything that's left.
>>
My ex-girlfriend used to use these in her ears sometimes and I started doing it myself. They're actually incredible for scooping out the wax with the rounded end, I get so much out.
>>
you are not supposed to clean your ears; they are self-cleaning. if you jam a q-tip in there or something you're just causing more problems.
>>
Please note OP that if you try any kind of water treatment MAKE SURE THE WATER IS WARM or you will get extremely dizzy. It's not a pleasant experience
>>
Try those expanding foam earplugs. It expands then you pull it out and some wax is stuck to it.
>>
File: notbaiting.png (29 KB, 1132x504) Image search: [Google]
notbaiting.png
29 KB, 1132x504
no one heard about the paper cone method?, work better with someone else to help
>>
>>29948456
i feel like this might do something very terrible to your ears.
>>
>>29948456
note: this does not works with regular loose pieces of was, only when its all plugged
>>
>>29948366
Oh, just don't clean my ears? Thanks normie, I never realized that my ears would clean themselves and I've been wasting my time Q-tipping them every day for absolutely no reason at all.

You might not realize it but not every human being is exactly the same as you are in every way. If I don't clean my ears they get clogged with wax within a week. Cleaning them is not optional in my case and it causes no problems if you're careful and do it frequently enough to prevent buildup. In my case it's a lot better than becoming partially deaf after a week due to wax buildup.
>>
>>29948366
>they are self-cleaning.
you are over rating that factor, yes sometimes the wax dry off and fall easily, sometimes don't and with time your ears get cloaked
>>
>>29948622
chill out my dude. just b urself :^)
>>
>>29948161
No idea, I brought mine back from Japan with me. I'd hit up amazon, they're probably available.
>>
>>29947572
Who is shee....
>>
>>29948456
Ear Candling is about as effective as leeching.
>>
>>29948836
I saw it myself, the wax pop out like pus from a cist
>>
I q-tip it too, even though I know you're not supposed to do that. I'll press the q-tip down or up or against the side and scrape the gunk out that way. I'll do this with the end of nail clipper handles too. Right after I wake up seems to be when there's more earwax
>>
>>29948456
I seem to remember this causing differences in pressure and it ends up with your ear drums being blown out.
>>
use your finger like a plunger to pump it up
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.