[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you've been here before >you've done this before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: 1444605564071.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444605564071.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>you've been here before
>you've done this before
>you will always experience this life
>like you always had
>for all eternity

Welp, better make it worth repeating!
>>
>>29946610

This is my suspicion--- that the universe keeps exploding and collapsing over and over, exactly the same every time.

It's all just physics, so it makes sense that every atom would react exactly the same way every time. The forces expand, the forces contract, it's nothing but math repeating forever.

Think about that--- we live our lives infinite times over and over, but it never changes, it's always the exact same fiasco every time, and there's NOTHING we can do to change it.
>>
>>29946610
nah, i'm pretty tired this time around, i'll make it worth repeating next time
>an eternity later...
>nah, i'm pretty tired this time around, i'll.... .... .... ... ... ... .. .
>>
>>29947124
So if you kill yourself, you kill yourself multiple times. Cool.
>>
>>29946610
If reincarnation is real or quantum immortality exists I cannot imagine a worse hell
>>
Like Isaac Asimov's story, entropy keeps getting reversed or whatever.
But it can't always be the exactly the same right? The big bang can't be exactly the same.
My theory is, you exist as your own DNA configuration, and somehow every recreation of the universe will have homo sapiens, somehow.
So you just get rerolled or whatever.

The issue for me is identical twins, if the last time you were born with a dna bro, then in this new birth he wasn't made, then where is he?
Maybe your dna itself ensures you have a twin, idk.
>>
>>29947332
I've thought about it again, and maybe in some universes you don't exist at all, because human number would differentiate between realities because human population can't be infinite.
So a twin doesn't get to live in a lot of universes, but its an infinite number so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: tumblr_ngng3w2Ulm1rtm6dso1_1280.png (168 KB, 702x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngng3w2Ulm1rtm6dso1_1280.png
168 KB, 702x435
Iv'e noticed that the few times i've had weed i tend to feel a very strong deja vu that doesn't stop for hours. I sometimes can't help to think that this is because every time i do it it's such a memorable experience that i remember the past life where i did this exact same thing again.

It actually worries me a lot to think that i have to relieve this shit life over and over again.
>>
So is there anything to this or is it just mindless assumptions?
>>
File: 1439842348280.gif (912 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1439842348280.gif
912 KB, 500x500
>>29947124
What OP posted is a manifold in R3 space. A good model of what the universe could look like to a large enough observer. Just like how our seemingly flat earth is actually spherical when we back up far enough. It is theorized that the expansion of the universe feeds its contraction as well. In the center of pic related is where we are according to this.
>>29947519
Our ancestors smoked a lot of cannabis. That's why we have cannabinoid receptors through evolution.
>>
>>29947583
Its basically impossible to proove, any evidence tends to be anectdotal so unless you have personally experienced something similar it is very easy to dismiss
>>
>>29947332

Whatever chemical processes result in twins, will occur exactly the same next time.

The physical forces are the same.

Our personalities are genetic. Genetics are just chemicals. Chemicals are just molecules, which are just atoms. Everything is reacting to everything else according to subatomic laws.
>>
File: Commander-Shepard-675x380.jpg (51 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
Commander-Shepard-675x380.jpg
51 KB, 675x380
I have a different hypothesis, OP...
I think, you're right about the universe expands and contracts in the exact same fashion every time, that everything everyone does will forever be repeated for each cycle of the universe. But there is one difference... the perspective you live life from changes each time.

This life, you were that weird kid who got bullied by Chad and teased by Stacy. Next time, you could experience the universe from that Chad, bullying that weird kid who was once you. Next life time, you're that Stacy who teased that weird kid. Etc etc until you have lived out every single existence's perspective.
>>
>>29947519
>It actually worries me a lot to think that i have to relieve this shit life over and over again.

Well, this thread is your wake up call for self-improvement.

So, you will either make an effort to live a better life, or you will shrug it off and live the shit life, but either way, you will do it over and over for eternity.
>>
>>29947779

That's a cute idea, but no--- our "perspective" is nothing but biochemical reaction to outside stimulus. There is no "soul", no individual aspect that exists magically outside the laws of physics.
>>
>>29947849

>being this condescending and arrogant

You're a fedora, aren't you.
>>
>>29947849
That's quite a reductionist statement
>>
>>29947776
Are you trying to say I'll genetically act the same everytime, and have the same personality?
I don't believe so, if I'm a slave in one reality I would be submissie and if in the next I have loaded parents and a great family I'm going to act like Chad.

Kinda funny that robots, by not being Chad this generation, are skipping the lives of millions of babies. I guess not being a robot would have a butterfly effect so either way lives depend on your actions.
>>
File: 1423721376722.gif (50 KB, 491x415) Image search: [Google]
1423721376722.gif
50 KB, 491x415
DUDE REBIRTH LMaO
>>
>>29947898
The Nietzsche idea of living your life as it were to repeat over and over is a good thought theory, but its not reality as some mention here.
Just be content with your life, in some realities you get rolled just to be tortured, and in some your a king. Being average is a nice balance and I'm glad I'm not in a position of power or powerlessness.
>>
>>29947869
>ad hominem reaction
Got a little butthurt by the truth, big guy?

>>29947898
>Are you trying to say I'll genetically act the same everytime, and have the same personality?

Yes. Because what we think of as "personality" is genetic dispositions which react to an environment. Your chemical makeup will be the same, and your environment will be the same, because EVERYTHING is the same.

That's what this whole thread is about. Everything is physical forces reacting to each other on a precise mathematical level, essentially going forwards, then backwards, like a perfect pendulum, over and over. Nothing changes.
>>
>>29948108
Nah.
Read my posts again, we "create" the next universe by reversing entropy so how can it be exactly the same? Because of its not reversing entropy then its Heat Death, and no more anything.
I guess our takes on this can't be proven, so either I argue with you forever on 4chan or we probably argue again on some other imageboard in one of the infinite realites.
I just think my take makes things more optimistic, but I see your point.
>>
DUDE
GNOSTICISM
LMAO
>>
>>29948239
>one of the infinite realites.

Don't fall for the quantum universe meme. Based on the faulty double-slit experiment in which the measuring apparatus interfered with the results. There is only one reality; it just repeats itself in an infinite, never-changing loop.
>>
File: wat.png (60 KB, 224x196) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
60 KB, 224x196
I like white-hole theory.
The idea that at the other side of every black hole there is a white hole that spits out all the matter and everything consumed by a black hole and use it as fuel to kickstart a new universe.
>>
File: jesus-saving.jpg (78 KB, 591x697) Image search: [Google]
jesus-saving.jpg
78 KB, 591x697
What if every time it repeats itself it's a test so that you can only get off the ride if you live a rightful life acording to god?
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11 KB, 501x504
>>29948653

>book written entirely by jews
>calls jews "god's chosen people"
>god's son is jewish
>literally worshipping a jew

Good goy.
>>
File: A1qWKY9.gif (688 KB, 664x714) Image search: [Google]
A1qWKY9.gif
688 KB, 664x714
>>29948681
wouldn't only half of it be written by jews? everyone that wrote the new testament would've been a christian.

Also:
>implying Christianity is not superior to the old religions
>>
File: 1466285405797.png (124 KB, 310x316) Image search: [Google]
1466285405797.png
124 KB, 310x316
>>29948653
>>29948681
>>29948903
Trust people to take an interesting subject matter and shit all over it with religious drek.
>>
better kill myself asap then because it's only getting worse
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.