[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one love oneself? >be me >major inferiority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ubgiOzD.jpg (192 KB, 576x622) Image search: [Google]
ubgiOzD.jpg
192 KB, 576x622
How does one love oneself?

>be me
>major inferiority complex
>major narcissist
>miserable as fuck
>therapist says "you need to love yourself more"
>says I should say positive things about myself to myself in the mirror while looking me in the eye

I'm gonna give it a shot however it feels fucking weird, has anyone else beat their inferiority complex or at least learned to deal with it better then I have?
>>
File: 212475321.jpg (163 KB, 853x1300) Image search: [Google]
212475321.jpg
163 KB, 853x1300
THERAPIST ADVICE POWER RANKINGS
1. Honest opinions
2. Something motivational
3. Something not cliche and relevant to you
-
-
9001. Something /adv/ already has advised
-
-
900001. something /r9k/ has already advised
-
-
-
-
-
90000000001. Get a hobby
-

9000000000000000000000001. Just b urselph + luv urselph fug lmao
>>
Practicing positive self talk isn't a joke. I'm the type to immediately think "fucking idiot" when I mess up and "kill yourself". It's bad for your mind. I've been consciously stopping myself and try and think logically about it. Like "you messed up, it's not even a big deal, just shrug it off and keep going". I think about what I'd tell somebody in the same situation to make them feel better and I say it to myself. I've struggled with depression my entire life but I've been feeling better lately
>>
stop feeding your ego
recognize and separate yourself from it
then the desire to love oneself is no concern
>>
>>29944130
this is decent advice. if you do it enough things start to change inside your brain having to do with your automatic mental processes.
>>
>>29944145
i absolutely hate people like you who pretend that there's such a thing as an egoless human being. it doesn't exist, nigger. at the best you value who you are so you can put yourself aside sometimes. at worst, you hate yourself, think about it all the time and destroy who you are. ego is always present.
>>
>>29944171
git enlightened 420 blaze it
>>
>>29944130
Thanks anon, gonna be a bitch to break down the mental conditioning I've put myself through since childhood. But that's I think that's very logical and sound advice. Happy for you that you are feeling better
>>
>>29944130
this
I used to think saying positive things to yourself is a meme and didn't do shit but I realized most of the time I thought to myself "you're ugly as fuck" or shit like that and noticed how thinking positive stuff instead worked like a charm
negativity is self deprecating and it's a million times better to be positive even if you think it's stupid
if you're negative you have no motivation
>>
>>29943939
I feel you bro. Btw I had a rather good childhood and wasn't bullied at school much (most of the time just ignored) so I don't exactly know where did that low self-esteem come from. Maybe it's not actually low and I deserve that
>>
I just think I'm better than everyone else and try to live by it
>>
>>29944295
>if you're negative you have no motivation
It's the exact opposite for me. All these complexes made me butthurt af which forced me to get from 180 to 140 lbs in a year. I still hate myself though.
>>
>>29944529
>be me in high school
>hate myself
>get fit
>get grades up to graduate with a 3.8 GPA
>bring social skills to a level I would call "almost competent"
>about to attend a 4 year flight program to work on my dreams of being an airline pilot
>still hate myself
>still no confidence
>still KV

What the FUCK
>>
>>29944611
At least you have significantly more chances of getting a gf than a confident neckbeard gentleman does
>>
>>29944611
At least you tried tho =3
>>
>>29944052
How about methods which have proven to be clinically effective.
Eg. Op stated he deals with narcassism. Which can be treated well with something like DBT.
>>
The important thing to focus on is balance and distress tolerance. People with low self esteem tend to overcompensate and develop narcassitic traits. The treatment here is not "love yourself" or inflate your ego more, but rather accept your weaknesses and build a better foundation as a person. As you become more tolerant of being flawed you will naturally start to like yourself more because you will be accepting yourself truly instead of just some fake image you created. You will also be behaving differently and improving social relationships and how others respond to you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.