[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is smoking pot everyday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1451097255060.jpg (31 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1451097255060.jpg
31 KB, 387x461
How bad is smoking pot everyday?
>>
It lowers your testosterone levels bit I'm sure the majority of robots find that to be beneficial
>>
>>29942714
it'll probably affect your short-term memory negatively and it seems to make people tired once it starts wearing off.

also, it's damaging your lungs no matter what the stoners say like "but it cures literally 100% of diseases and will never cause cancer"

abusing marijuana is safer than abusing alcohol, but moderate use of alcohol is safer than moderate use of marijuana
>>
>>29942714
it makes you retarded eventually because your memory fucks up.

also makes you tired which eventually makes you lazy.
>>
about as bad as smoking a cig everyday
>>
very very bad
change your life now
love jesus
>>
At least vaporize it or something. Loose-leaf vapes are amazing. Look up the magic flight launch box. Shit's like 10 times cleaner and healthier than combusting it.
>>
>>29942714
Fucks up your brain.
Makes you way dumber and can also induce psychosis/schizophrenia.

>tfw first hand experience with both due to getting high every day
>>
>>29945262
>love jesus

and cryzzul meth like your paw hyuk hyuk
>>
>>29946772
if you stop completely everything mostly fixes itself
>>
It makes your dick bigger
>>
File: cameinlikeafeel.jpg (37 KB, 400x590) Image search: [Google]
cameinlikeafeel.jpg
37 KB, 400x590
>>29946929
Haven't smoked in about a week and for the past month or 2 I've been smoking irregularly.
Going cold turkey atm and hoping that you're right but desu at this point I feel like it's too late.
After my little psychotic episode or whatever life just isn't the same.
>>
>>29946990
no, you need to stop completely to see real effects at least for 3 months
>>
File: 1358805432312.png (278 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1358805432312.png
278 KB, 500x382
>>29942735
>>29942755
>>29944015>>29942756>>29946772

All this fear mongering bullshit.

ive been consuming cannabis daily for over a decade for epilepsy and honestly have seen no negative conative effects.

I still feel and remember shit just as well as i did before i even knew what weed was.

If you believe weed made you dumb, you are dumb anyway. Weeds not a cure all but it helps some people, it doesn't cure cancer but it makes going though chemo easier.

It has way way less carcinogens than cigs and none if you vaporize or dab concentrates.

People who say it made them psychotic had that possibility in them already, cannabis just may have triggered it.

Shitting on weed saying "oh bro it makes me dumb" "it gives you super cancer" "it makes you crazy"

You are just ruining it for the people who need it or enjoy it. And are perpetuating stigma.
>>
Trying to cut back myself. In my experience it makes me dumber and slower.
>>
>>29947030
This. After my first month I started dreaming again.
>>
i feel like weed makes me a recluse because i forget outside exists.
i just stay inside, comfy, playing vidya and before i know it 5 hours have passed.
you do this every single day because being high is awesome.
then you realize you have no friends or game with women because you don't do anything, which negatively affects your life.
>>
>>29947056
"Help i feel slow or dumb shortly after being high/while high"

There's no lasting effect on intelligence.
>>
>>29947041
go run 10 miles and i'll believe it hasn't negatively affected you. also frequent use can lead to chronic bronchitis and more persistent lung infections. I honestly don't care if you use it just stay out of the fucking mall because you are all so annoying to acknowledge as customers. also, if you've been smoking weed daily for a decade and are on /r9k/ there is probably a bigger problem than you acknowledge.
>>
>>29947080
Wow, this has been my life for two years down to the t. I've switched to mostlu vaping, but in all honesty I wanted to move to a legal state where I can just get THC pills. That way I can ignore carcinogens and just worry about cognition impairment.
>>
I've been chronic toker for the past few years. This year I've been taking long breaks which is nice. Just try not doing it everyday and maybe every other weekend. Not just health reasons but also money wise.
I still hang out with stoner friends and there really out of touch with reality. They're either living with there parents and never working or don't know how to live with in their means.
Right now I'm trying to save money so I could afford my own studio apartment. I work two comfy jobs but trying to figure a way to make more money. Want to do something freelance so I don't have to commit to a 40+ Hour work week. Nothing worst than being stuck at a job you don't want to be at but also doesn't allow you to smoke weed during your free time.
>>
>>29947095
i don't have to take my epilepsy meds and live in a place were cannabis is legal.

I run every day, and my lungs are fine, it dont smoke it, vaporize and eat it.

You are just mad that people can enjoy shit that you find bothersome

Have a good one bud.
>>
>>29947091
Nigga I was high all day every day. The effects piled up on me so that I was dumb and slow all the time.
>>
File: 535825.jpg (21 KB, 256x280) Image search: [Google]
535825.jpg
21 KB, 256x280
>>29947129
>baked constantly
Surprised that you feel slow.

Well there's your problem, i may get stoned daily but not all the time, time and place, and when i feel a seizure coming on i take a dab or eat and edible.
>>
>>29947041
Weed does have negative effects. Ignoring those and saying "le fear mongerers stop dissing muh plant" is just fucking dumb.
I'm not saying weed is bad and should be banned everywhere. Shit, I think it should be legal everywhere. All I'm saying is there are dangers and ignoring them is stupid.
The stigma these days isn't that weed is bad, the stigma now is that weed is totally fine totally safe there are no dangers blah blah blah, and that's a load of shit.
>>
Getting super crossfaded occasionally is better than just high every day.
>>
>>29947127
Kekking at this delusional pleb. Enjoy your depression and anxiety, remeber that you cant have fun with out your daily dose of "medicine".
>>
>>29947172
Yeah I'm trying to cut back to occasionally every few days after I get all my work done. My biggest problem was that I was getting stoned before I had shit to do.
>>
>>29947179
>The stigma these days isn't that weed is bad, the stigma now is that weed is totally fine totally safe there are no dangers blah blah blah, and that's a load of shit.

Do you live in bizarro world? because i see so much bullshit about weed being dangerous everyday its insane. Im not saying cannabis doesn't have negatives, its just the negatives it does have are very neutral, and go away with abstinence.
>>29947179

Ive gone a month without cannabis because i was overseas, the only issue i had was i had to start my epilepsy meds again. Its extremely easy for me to quit.
>s-stop liking things i don't like
>>
>>29947269
I quit for a while and I got sick as hell.
>>
>>29947281
>it must be the weed
>>
>>29947041

this is not completely true.

If you are daily user of strong strains or hash/concentrates it can fuck you up to the point that even yourself start realizing something is wrong

corrupted short term memory is most common. But I also had problems with saliva leaks from my fucking mouth, not joking

when I switched from hash to weak strains saliva leaks went away.
>>
>>29947091
Eh, not true. For adolescents who smoke chronically, atleast 4 times a week, there's noticeable changes in cognition. A longitudinal study fro. New Zealand tracked kids from ages 13 to 35 and would assess them based on their MJ use. In the study, participants who started smoking chronically for a year and a half before 18 on average lost 0.3 SD of IQ (a little over 1 IQ point); people who smoked for atleast 3 years chronically lost 0.2 SD; and people who smoked chronically from age 13 through 18 lost like 0.8 SD (8 IQ points). They controlled for class, education, etc. In a marihuanas defense, they found no cognitive decline amongst people who started smoking after 18.

If you're some underage faggot, you probably shouldn't smoke everyday. If you're an adult, you're fine.
>>
>>29947311
The saliva thing happens to me when I stop smoking for a while.
>>29947309
I was a heavy user of concentrates.
>>
>>29947311
>i had a problem and so must everyone!

I live in a legal place, our flowers are about 30+% thc-a and oil almost 99% i don't have any of these issues.

>>29947328

Reliable source because there are studies that say that it also has no conative hit, and i believe that because my test score are the same.

>>29947341
So am i, i dab daily like i said for seizures, and i just quit after not taking a break for i don't know, years? and i saw no effects other than i had more seizures.

I
>>
>>29947269
>Do you live in bizarro world
Australia, so I guess that could count as bizarro world.
> because i see so much bullshit about weed being dangerous everyday its insane
I'm 19, I'm guessing you're a little older. My generation has a very different view on weed. Plus I never listened to the bullshit propaganda, I knew that that's what it was, bullshit propaganda. I'm not saying that people should be scared into not smoking weed I'm saying people should be educated about it and everyone should stop it with the bullshit lies. Both sides of the fence are guilty of perpetuating bullshit.

>Its extremely easy for me to quit.
Good for you dude, you can smoke weed and be fine. That's great, honestly I wish I was like that. But not everyone is.
Some people do get addicted to weed. Some people do have negative effects from smoking it too much.

>>s-stop liking things i don't like
When did I ever say that I don;t like weed?
I fucking love it. Well, used to.
>>
>>29947395
>dab daily
I was doing at least 10 dabs a day man
>>
>>29947395
m.pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657/suppl/DCSupplemental

Did you test your IQ during adolescence/childhood before you started smoking? How frequently did you smoke from ages 13-18?
>>
From someone that did it from age 13-24, about 30-40 bongs a day. Pretty fucking bad long term, most of the time I was fine, and content with my situation. I've been off it most of this year, first few months were fucking unbearable. It's not hard to stop doing it, it's just hard to come to terms with how much you've fucked up your life and yourself. Both mentally and physically. I was a fragile fucking mess. Raging at anyone who reached out, crying over the slightest annoyance. Doing it for a year or two should be fine, just don't be me OP. I feel like I'm finally getting my shit together. Sure I'm a bum who's like 50 grand in debt, but at least I'm doing shit now.
>>
>>29947412
>Australia, so I guess that could count as bizarro world.

Shit cannabis laws, but the world will change. Im not much older than you, only 28 i but i see lots of kids with there parents values, and it just sucks that people just run with it, that they ether have a negative experience and equate it with something and shame it, or don't experience said thing at all and still shit on it.

I agree both sides are quite full of shit to the far spectrum of ether extreme.

>>29947423
I honestly dab about the same amount, the thing with oil and hash is you can make that shit poison if you make it wrong.

Oil from cannabis has hydrocarbons in it, and hydrocarbons eat plastics, and plastics exist in extraction equipment not made for use with hydrocarbons.

>>29947472
I didnt smoke at all till i was 19, and it wasn't even for fun, it was because i was getting tired of taking benzos for seizures. Turns out i love it way more than drinking, and no hangover, so i don't drink anymore just cannabis here and probably will be. I just took my collage assessment because i want to go back to school for automotive shit, just for fun, and got a perfect score.

Like i that anon said above i think the studies on both sides are painted by agendas.
>>
Bad but not as bad as 4chan.
>>
>>29947423
I was doing huge bong rips of hash for half of year daily.

It really felt like hard drug. And going back to anything weaker seemed like joke at that time
>>
>>29942714
Not bad at all time to read all the pseudo-scientific bullshit all the other robots wrote
>>
literally nothing happens
>>
The memory loss thing is real, I didn't notice any side effects that were anywhere close to as bad as the memory loss. I would forget shit left and right and would struggle to remember some number from 5 minutes ago
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.